crafting concerns

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Uhuru

crafting concerns

Post by Uhuru »

I have noticed lately that simple tasks are a struggle. Previously, making fine quality items, simple items are now coming out as lower quality. a grey coat or a hammer. simple things like that. sickles and needles. even using the best quality tools to craft the items and on best finger days, I still struggle to make even a slightly scratched item.

Has something changed? I have heard from others in game that they are struggling as well. My character is a druid, she can see that her stats are good. So it seems that something behind the scenes must be different.
Athian

Re: crafting concerns

Post by Athian »

No changes of such should be implemented until the VBU (will wait for a GM/dev for comfirmation)

Are yo using a different quality tool then usual? Are you working on bad attribute days (lower Dex/Perception) days that might effect the quality or apparent quality of an item? Do you use magic ruby rings that you take off for crafting?
Zot

Post by Zot »

There were no changes made on the crafting system.

However the quality of a item you examine is affected by the skill of your character and the perception.

Example:

Smith with 10% skill will see a bad, slightly scratched sword as moderate, new.
A smith with 90% skill will see the 'real' quality of the item which is bad and slightly scratched.

=> Your char probably produced until now rather bad or not exzellent items, but now with higher skill he/she sees the real quality of the items.
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

Though I do understand what that means I've been using a mirror on every thing I've ever made and I'm having the same issue on all my crafting characters.. it doesn't bother me too much but it does seem odd. I was thinking some one may have been fixing a bug and made a miss click typo thingy and didn't notice a change of a sing 0 or moved . place. But like I said, I don't really have an issue as it drives my characters to do better. :)
Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

Currently nobody has access to server scripts, since we are concentrating on the VBU. So there was no change in the system.