inactive account wiped?

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

inactive account wiped?

Post by Pendar »

Pure curiosity before I go and create a new account, is my old one gone. I imagine last time I logged in would have been about 2008. Anytime I attempt to retrieve my password it says "It was impossible to find a fitting account."
Thanks for any information
Athian

Re: inactive account wiped?

Post by Athian »

its still there, i know a few people have had a similar problem when returning.
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

Alright well then as I still have access to the email account that the password would be sent too, could I ask a GM or some one to send it to me? Or is there some one in particular I should Pm.
Thanks for the heads up though and nice to see you Athian ;)
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

You can try "forgot my password" and see if that works in the meantime.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Password recovery does not work in this case. The account exists, of course, as Athian stated.

The problem here is that we do not know your password. It cannot be retrieved manually from the database, it is encrypted. I could do a little trick but this would reveal your password to me and I'd know it then.

Since you know your account name, it might be the best to try to remember the password. If this really, really fails, I'd do the trick mentioned above. However, this is not what I'd like to do for privacy of passwords is something very important IMO.
Alli Zelos

Post by Alli Zelos »

If all else fails, he could always change his password after you give it to him.
Pendar

Post by Pendar »

"It was impossible to find a fitting account."
Last time I logged in Estralis, you had to change the email address so I could use the password recovery system, when one does a password retrieval does it like many places assign the account a new random password? If so did I perhaps forget to change it from the random generated one or something.
That may well be the problem as the account is old and I made it many years back, I was far less cautious about passwords and none of my common combinations seem to work now. Which ever the case, I have now tried all my old password combinations that I am aware of and had no luck.
Basically I suck.
Estralis Seborian

The email you used seems to be a pretty "normal" one. I can change the email addy associated with the account, just drop me a PM.
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

I had the same problem, It got cured by me creating another account and a GM transfired my character over to that account. I hope this helps.
Estralis Seborian

The problem was already resolved in another way, thanks.