So you want to promote this game?

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Junior Giant

So you want to promote this game?

Post by Junior Giant »

I guess I lost my connection on my end. I was unable to move, fight or run. Yet I was still listed on the ingame list and was a ghost when I was finally let back in the game ten minutes later. You want this game to thrive? How can I be excited about a game that lets me die when I am no longer even playing? Or is this one of those games like Evony, Build a farm, check back two days later?
Achae Eanstray

Re: So you want to promote this game?

Post by Achae Eanstray »

I know you could in the past press ctrl/alt/delete and stop java in the task manager then your char wouldn't be in game any longer. The one time I froze lately however, I did that and my char was still in game. Am hoping there is another alternative.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

If you lost your connection the client crashes/freez but the server still thinks your character is online. So if you char is attacked and killed in this moment it will be a ghost next time you log in. I m sorry for you, but thats the situationa tm.

AFAIK: This problem will be solved with the VBU
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Djironnyma wrote:AFAIK: This problem will be solved with the VBU
Confirmed. A character won't stay logged in after a disconnect for more than a bunch of seconds.

Give the team three capable developers and a month and a half and all these pestering problems will be memories...
Sir Gnar

Post by Sir Gnar »

~ If you are frozen IG due to lose of connection & then cant log back in because it says your already IG, simply log in another one of your chars and the original char will be logged out immediately. Works everytime...

Thanks to Ori for this tip, this has saved several walks to the pillar for Slug :D

Disclaimer: Obviously if your connection is down long-term you won't be able to even get on the web to log back in, but its usually a quick disruption in service that causes the logout & staying IG problem.
Pugnacious

Post by Pugnacious »

Sir Gnar wrote:~ If you are frozen IG due to lose of connection & then cant log back in because it says your already IG, simply log in another one of your chars and the original char will be logged out immediately. Works everytime...

Thanks to Ori for this tip, this has saved several walks to the pillar for Slug :D

Disclaimer: Obviously if your connection is down long-term you won't be able to even get on the web to log back in, but its usually a quick disruption in service that causes the logout & staying IG problem.
Thanks for the tip
It does work. Still the being kicked off from my end,and the being released from the game, does need to be fixed.Pre VBU. I wont even play a character that might be in harms way these days. So I can be a crafter, so I can sit by the fire, if this is what this game has become, no VBU will save it.
Sir Gnar

Post by Sir Gnar »

Estralis Seborian wrote:
Djironnyma wrote:AFAIK: This problem will be solved with the VBU
Confirmed. A character won't stay logged in after a disconnect for more than a bunch of seconds.

Give the team three capable developers and a month and a half and all these pestering problems will be memories...

My brother is constantly under contract for developing (corporate whore) the guys an absolute genius at all of this and used to be a RP'ing madman before he obviously lost passion for anything that doesnt get him payed. I try everytime i see him to get him to check the site out & help us out. He could be 2 1/2 of your 3 developers if he werent such a stuck up douche. I think i'll put the pressure on... :mrgreen:
Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

Pugnacious wrote:Still the being kicked off from my end,and the being released from the game, does need to be fixed.Pre VBU. I wont even play a character that might be in harms way these days. So I can be a crafter, so I can sit by the fire, if this is what this game has become, no VBU will save it.
If you lose the connection on your end, you will die in most games (like WoW, e.g.) if you are fighting in that very moment or are close to monsters. No VBU will save you from that. Or can, for that matter. The fix will just kick you out a little faster, but you may still die. The only real fix is not to lose the connection, you can do more about that than we can. Pay for a better connection, stop other traffic like filesharing or downloads. It is impossible to apply this patch pre VBU by the way, whether needed or not and regardless what this game has become. Oh and about the becoming part: The connection handling has been the same for a decade.
Pugnacious

Post by Pugnacious »

My connection has been shades of bad or worse, for two years now. But lately, getting dropped is a norm. I know much of the problem is on my end. (( My connection drops about once an hour)) Still being dropped is OK, being dropped without my character also being kicked is not.
The penalty of death is an hour of healing, plus a skill loss and a loss of some carried items. I can deal with the loss of items, but to lose skill and most importantly "time" is to hard a to deal with.
No wonder this game is dying.
Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

The horrendous death consequences have already been removed on the testserver. There was a tech talk about this subject where players could participate. However, you may still die in the future.
Pugnacious

Post by Pugnacious »

But they haven't been removed for us, now, the game we play. I have sat though two christmas's waiting for the "VBU" now I take the game as it is. If you dont fix it, why should we stay?
Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

You shouldn't stay if you do not want to, you do not need to explain why you are leaving either, you do not even need some excuse. Just play something else. :)
Pugnacious

Post by Pugnacious »

I do, like many others.
Hence the falling players. just look at the charts.
Even i will leave too if it doesnt change.

I think the question and concern by the PO has been fully answered and don't see any need to continue this thread so will lock for now. Contact me if there is a desire to add any information. Achae