Account Registering Problem

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

risu.needs.hug

Account Registering Problem

Post by risu.needs.hug »

Hello everyone, first time poster here (obviously :P)

I found the game doing some random Internet lurking at night and after browsing the webpage a bit, I decided it would be worth giving it a shot, so I went to character registration page (after downloading the client of course).

I occured a few problems though.

First I got numerous errors while filling the boxes on account creation page, ie.: account name too short, e-mail not valid, wrong password.. I did research, enabled Java script in my Fire fox, installed newest Java component and got rid of most of my problems.
E-mail and passwords are okay, but it still tells me that my chosen login name is too short.

Could anyone possibly know, why am I getting this?

Cheers in advance,

Risu.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

I can confirm your report and we will try to find a solution as soon as possible.

It is not your fault, it is a fault of the account registration page. A developer will inform you as soon as the problem is solved.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

GM Estralis
risu.needs.hug

Post by risu.needs.hug »

Estralis Seborian wrote:I can confirm your report and we will try to find a solution as soon as possible.

It is not your fault, it is a fault of the account registration page. A developer will inform you as soon as the problem is solved.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

GM Estralis
I see. Thanks a lot, I will keep watching this thread and retry registering as soon as the problem is solved.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Got it working again.

Nitram
risu.needs.hug

Post by risu.needs.hug »

Nitram wrote:Got it working again.

Nitram
Thank you very much, I just managed to register my account! :)
risu.needs.hug

Post by risu.needs.hug »

I'm afraid I have another problem.. I filled in all the details (account name, display name, e-mail and password) and hastilly carried on to the login screen to create my character however I keep getting "Wrong user name or password."

Also when I try to request an e-mail with my password I get "It was impossible to find a fitting account."

I am pretty sure I typed the right e-mail address, and that I am typing the right login and password now, however it won't let me log in and I am only human so I may have made a mistake. I would appriciate further assistance, this whole thing despite being simple seems to have overwhelmed me :)
Estralis Seborian

Register successfully. Now you get an email you can use to activate your account.
Did you receive said email and did you already activate your account?
risu.needs.hug

Post by risu.needs.hug »

Estralis Seborian wrote:
Register successfully. Now you get an email you can use to activate your account.
Did you receive said email and did you already activate your account?
Good point, I haven't! On my way to check spambox.

EDIT: I haven't got an activation e-mail, nor was it redirected to the spambox. I use GMail if it will be of any help.
Estralis Seborian

If you send me your account name and the used email adress, I can maybe help you. Use the private message function of the forum.
risu.needs.hug

Post by risu.needs.hug »

Estralis Seborian wrote:If you send me your account name and the used email adress, I can maybe help you. Use the private message function of the forum.
Done :)
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Out-of-topic:
*hugs risu*
welcome to Illarion ;)
Alli Zelos

Post by Alli Zelos »

What Kranek said. :P

It's always great to see more people join us. :D
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

If you have any questions concerning gameplay, ingame-cursing or Norodaj-songs, just contact me ;)
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

Kranek wrote:If you have any questions concerning gameplay, ingame-cursing or Norodaj-songs, just contact me ;)

pff..norodaj songs...gimme an example ya*explicitly deleted* oooo look at meee im a fake vikiiing! *grumbles and kicks the cat in the corner* i'll show ya some norodaj songs! Sputnik AND many norwegian dance bands...too bad we dont have a fiddle and accordian ingame:P *slaps Kranek mumbling something about his heritage*

oh yes..wellcome to amrica..whoops..illaRION..
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Olaf Tingvatn wrote:
Kranek wrote:If you have any questions concerning gameplay, ingame-cursing or Norodaj-songs, just contact me ;)

pff..norodaj songs...gimme an example ya*explicitly deleted* oooo look at meee im a fake vikiiing! *grumbles and kicks the cat in the corner* i'll show ya some norodaj songs! Sputnik AND many norwegian dance bands...too bad we dont have a fiddle and accordian ingame:P *slaps Kranek mumbling something about his heritage*

Olaf, behave yourself, you scare the new one!!
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

Kranek wrote:
Olaf Tingvatn wrote:

Olaf, behave yourself, you scare the new one!!

mimimimimimi.."behave yourself"*he says in a mocking high pitched voice* at least im not a fake viking ka-HMPF! dont be afraid of me..unless you do froce role playing..yes i will use my age card whenever there is a discussion with anyone younger then me :)*slightly fake smile* im glad for every new player that comes along..exept for one..he knows who he is. annyways enough trolling..
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

How about you guys stop spamming a support topic with your childish bickering?
Keep in mind, that Staff members need to be able to read this and provide help to the newcomer, and they certainly do not want to waste thier time filtering out your useless chatter.
risu.needs.hug

Post by risu.needs.hug »

risu.needs.hug wrote:
Estralis Seborian wrote:If you send me your account name and the used email adress, I can maybe help you. Use the private message function of the forum.
Done :)
I see it now, I got an error ( Register failed ), probably was the case in first try..
Any idea why I can't register it? :(
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

The registration will fail at the second and all following trys because the account name is already taken.

Nitram
risu.needs.hug

Post by risu.needs.hug »

Nitram wrote:The registration will fail at the second and all following trys because the account name is already taken.

Nitram
Thought so as well, but I e-mailed my account details to one of the GMs and I got this response:
I can't find any account with the given data. Maybe you could retry to register?
So I am kind of lost.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Make a new account with another name. The accountname has no effect on the charnames...maybe this helps
risu.needs.hug

Post by risu.needs.hug »

Kranek wrote:Make a new account with another name. The accountname has no effect on the charnames...maybe this helps
Ok, this worked...

Ok, to GMs: if you find and account by the name of risu.needs.hug -> delete please, I made a new one that actually granted me an activation e-mail :)

EDIT: Darn... I activated my newly created account with an e-mail, proceeded to log in and... I got "Wrong user name or password."
Problem still exists. I think I may be too dumb to register here.. :<
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Give it a little time and try again, sometimes I noticed a little lag. Also make sure there is no spaces when you type the name and password.
risu.needs.hug

Post by risu.needs.hug »

Juliana D'cheyne wrote:Give it a little time and try again, sometimes I noticed a little lag. Also make sure there is no spaces when you type the name and password.
I'll try again tomorrow then, thank you :)
risu.needs.hug

Post by risu.needs.hug »

Update: Still cannot log in, I even tried retrieving password through e-mail, which gave me an e-mail to reset my old password which I did, and carefully typed the new password in. I still get "Wrong user name or password." when I try logging in.
Silo

Post by Silo »

Are you trying to log into the game, or into your account on the home page?
risu.needs.hug

Post by risu.needs.hug »

Silo wrote:Are you trying to log into the game, or into your account on the home page?
Account on the webpage, I was under the impression I had to do so i order to create a character which I then use to log into the game. Correct me if I am wrong please, so I stop making a fool out of myself :)
Silo

Post by Silo »

Ah, no, you're correct there. I was just making sure you weren't trying to log into the game. Hmm. Wait for Nitram, I guess. This doesn't seem like a problem I can fix. Sorry, man. :(
risu.needs.hug

Post by risu.needs.hug »

Ah ok, thank you and no worries, I am not giving up yet. I admit this game gave me more trouble than I thought it would, but I am still as enthusiastic as I can :) Hope someone can solve this issue.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

your new account name includes dots?
if i remember correct, there was once a problem with that...
maybe try another new account without dots?