Account Registering Problem

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

risu.needs.hug

Post by risu.needs.hug »

Kranek wrote:your new account name includes dots?
if i remember correct, there was once a problem with that...
maybe try another new account without dots?
Old one did, cautiously I didn't use any dots in the new one. Only one single, 8 letter word.
Silo

Post by Silo »

risu.needs.hug wrote:Ah ok, thank you and no worries, I am not giving up yet. I admit this game gave me more trouble than I thought it would, but I am still as enthusiastic as I can :) Hope someone can solve this issue.
Atleast they got rid of the Character Applications. It was REALLY annoying to have to wait a week for your character to be approved. ;) Trust me when I say: It's worth it.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Oh, use the time to read the background if you havent done yet ;)
risu.needs.hug

Post by risu.needs.hug »

Kranek wrote:Oh, use the time to read the background if you havent done yet ;)
Reading the site / forums is all I have been doing in my spare time since last night! :) I can't wait to play, finally it seems, I have found a game that will restore good ol' days of UO RPing :)
Alex Heartnet

Post by Alex Heartnet »

There is a lot of information to go through. For naming your character, look through what others have done for your selected race. (Lizards have a strict naming convention, ask a gamemaster). A human, elf, or halfling would be the easiest to play when starting out.

For your character status, I would start by picking a stat package that reflects what your want your character in-game to be, and possibly tweak that a bit. (At least until you have a general idea of what the different stats do) I would not advise having any stat lower then 6, since as your roleplay goes on you might end up doing something that wasn't in your original character concept. (My elfess went from being just a druid at first, to a warrior on top of that). You can ask a gamemaster for a minor stat adjustment after you have created your character.

Your starting skills are unimportant. Any non-magic skill can be obtained easily by performing the associated task. If I use a staff in combat and I do not have the concussive weapons skill, I will obtain that skill pretty quickly, before the fight is over. Likewise, if I start farming, I will get the farming skill after planting a few seeds. Your starting equipment is probably somewhat more important. Clothing/armor is what you will probably be using for the longest period of time, out of all the equipment you start out with.

For example. If you want to be a strong warrior, you could consider starting out with a miner's equipment as a source of income. You aren't going to make money off of fighting until you get good with it, but every blacksmith needs ore.

Oh, and if a piece of equipment is about to break, bring it to a player craftsman. He or she can repair it at the cost of equipment quality.
Darkshade

Post by Darkshade »

lol Alex ur talking BS. ur elfess never ended up learning druidism
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Alex Heartnet wrote:... A human, elf, or halfling would be the easiest to play when starting out...
I think a GOOD played elf is really difficult...better stay on humans at the start...
Grim_banned

Post by Grim_banned »

Or play an orc... it will be the ride of your life :P :twisted:
Rafael

Post by Rafael »

Alex Heartnet wrote:
... A human, elf, or halfling would be the easiest to play when starting out...

I think a GOOD played elf is really difficult...better stay on humans at the start...
Agreed, playing a decent elf is not easy at all, specially the patience and introversion has been few times played IG.

Stick with the human, halfler or an orc, if you like to smash things and speak as Forest Gump on crack ;)
Alex Heartnet

Post by Alex Heartnet »

Darkshade wrote:lol Alex ur talking BS. ur elfess never ended up learning druidism
Not quite yet. I could drink the potion at any time, and will probably end up doing so during the course of my travels. I can easily repeat the potion-making process.

What you can start out roleplaying as depends largely on your roleplay skill/experience. When I first came here I was already fully capable of doing elaborate roleplays. So I read the game lore, picked a name that fits in with what other people are using, used a few elements from previous roleplays I have done and just kept adding to it as I went along.
orgis

Post by orgis »

Well i'd suggest making a "testing" character for when you fist start off, gather what ya can from that then decide one how you want a proper character to be. Saves you thinking up a background story about a great solider who turns out likes to pick flowers and sing as a bard :lol:
Lhosseth

Post by Lhosseth »

Rafael wrote:
Alex Heartnet wrote:
... A human, elf, or halfling would be the easiest to play when starting out...
Agreed, playing a decent elf is not easy at all, specially the patience and introversion has been few times played IG.

Stick with the human, halfler or an orc, if you like to smash things and speak as Forest Gump on crack ;)
I agree that a good played Elf(ess) is not that easy, making them patient, wise and behaving according to their long lives is difficult, not just when starting to rp. Playing an intelligible Orc to begin with might not be simple either, as you might have to get used to typing in their 'dialect'. Humans and Halflings would be easiest to get into.

Oh, and *hugs Risu* Welcome, hope you manage to get in-game soon :D
orgis

Post by orgis »

Lhosseth wrote:Playing an intelligible Orc to begin with might not be simple either, as you might have to get used to typing in their 'dialect'.
I don't know, anyone can be a orc, if you make a spelling mistake you can just throw it off as a Orc "word" :lol: good for people who don't do english well as well :wink:
risu.needs.hug

Post by risu.needs.hug »

Sorry guys, but I tried registering 2 accounts, first time I didn't get an activation e-mail, second one though *I did get an activation e-mail* and followed the instructions, even got the message that the activation was successful, yet a GM I PMed on forums couldn't locate any of these 2 accounts (sic!), so I guess I will have to give up, unless somebody from the staff finds a solution. There's only as much as I can do, and I am clueless now :(

Also thank you for the warm welcome, I wish you all a great evening :)
Darkshade

Post by Darkshade »

it makes me sad to see a rper not able to rp. I can help send me a private message of the details you want included. Including your pass word and such. I will then change the info around abit to make it useable. And put it in. Then i'll tell yeh what to do aye?
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Including your pass word and such.
You better not dare to.

Problem should be solved by now, it is always a good idea to remember the correct name of your account if you have any problems with it. Us GMs have limited 'guessing skills' when it comes to finding your account within ~125.000 accounts...
risu.needs.hug

Post by risu.needs.hug »

Estralis Seborian wrote:
Including your pass word and such.
You better not dare to.

Problem should be solved by now, it is always a good idea to remember the correct name of your account if you have any problems with it. Us GMs have limited 'guessing skills' when it comes to finding your account within ~125.000 accounts...
Argh!

I got your PM now, I am very very sorry for being a douche and making the most basic of mistakes.. for my defence I can only say, I have no idea how this could have happened, I never used this (what actually happens to be my acc name now) in any other game / application / site, and I can't explain how I lost 2 letters (can't be a typo). Was probably tired.

Thank you for your assistance and accept my apology please :(
Darkshade

Post by Darkshade »

I was just trying to help... but hey whatever
orgis

Post by orgis »

risu.needs.hug wrote: I can't explain how I lost 2 letters (can't be a typo). Was probably tired.
:lol: don't worry it happens to all of us at some point somewhere :wink:
Alli Zelos

Post by Alli Zelos »

Does this mean you're going to sell your soul to Illa? :twisted:

I mean... uh... RP with us? :P