Online player list

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Yvanna

Online player list

Post by Yvanna »

Just wondering ... how long does it take before a new character starts to show in the online player list? (Apologies if this is in the wrong place - it was either here or under newbies)
Thanks
pharse

Post by pharse »

I think it is about 10 days.
TiaSarah

Post by TiaSarah »

Also, check your character settings. Go to Characters from the homepage. Click on the name of the character. Where it says "Edit the story" and "Edit description", It also says "Edit the settings of this character" Click on that and a little box will appear. Make sure it is set to "Show" on all of the options (birthday is your choice).
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

I heard its rather how many new player come instead of how long you are here...could be wrong ..meh.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Pellandria wrote:I heard its rather how many new player come instead of how long you are here...could be wrong ..meh.
It was this way, but that got changed. Now its a real timebased thing.
Yvanna

Post by Yvanna »

then could mine please be checked? I have been much longer than 10 days ... (almost a month)
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

To put some correct informations in place:

A account is considered as new account, and so not shown on the online list for 28 days. Thats a pure time related thing.

This long time was chosen by considering how long the players need in average to get used to the game and the ways how things are handled here. Some reach the state that they can considered to have passed the state of the new player sooner. Some later. And some stay newbies forever ;-)

Nitram
Yvanna

Post by Yvanna »

That explains everything - I should show up in a few days which will be good :)
Thank you very much! :D
Arabel

Post by Arabel »

At the risk of being lynched for thread necromancy....

I have been playing for well over a month now and still don't appear on the online list. I have checked all my settings and they are all set to 'show'.

Any thoughts?
Drakon Gerwulf
Developer

Post by Drakon Gerwulf »

Be patience it will show up, I think mine took a little over a month to appear but it will. Sorry that I can't help you more just wait and it will happen :wink: