Known Bugs, and how to get around them

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Llama

Known Bugs, and how to get around them

Post by Llama »

This is intended as a reference to newer players. If someone could sticky it I'll be very grateful ;)

Disappearing Donkey 1

Example:I was mining at the copper mine, I left the mule outside of the ladder and went down. When I came back a few minutes later, he was gone!

Cause: Feature, not a bug

Prevention:Mules automatically disappear if left alone for a time (IIIIAAAAAAA). Get a mule-sitter next time to stay with your mule

Cure: Hiring another mule will result in all the items held on the previous mule to be there. Hire another mule and your items will be back.

Disappearing Donkey 2

Example:I was lumberjacking with the mule, when suddenly he disappeared. He was right next to me.

Cause:Bug

Prevention:'Talking' to the mule seems to stop it from disappearing. Cycle requests for 'follow me' 'stay here' and it should be allright.

Cure: Sometimes walking 2 squares or so makes the mule reappear. If this doesn't work, then you've lost the mule :( You can recover the items which he held by hiring another mule.

Can't stop walking

Example:I was walking in a direction, then I changed window to talk to my friend about something, when I alt+tabbed back the character kept walking in the same direction.

Cause:Bug in the client when switching windows

Prevention: Make sure all keys are depressed when you switch windows

Cure: Pressing the key which pertains to the direction he is moving will make him stop.

Looks around but doesn't walk

Example: I was working at the workshop and I changed window for a short while. When i alt tabbed back the character won't walk, pressing a directional arrow makes him look in that direction though. Also the cursor seems to have stuck in an animation of a grabbing hand.

Cause:Bug in client when switching windows

Prevention:Make sure you're not holding [shift] when you switch windows

Cure:Press the [shift] button, and the character should be allright

Too heavy to move

Example:Yesterday I decided to carry all my armour and stuff from place 1 to place 2. I logged off during the walk. The next day I get a message "You are carrying too much to move", even though I walked all the way there yesterday

Cause:Strenght change due to good/bad day script

Prevention:Don't log off for the day while carrying a lot of heavy items.

Cure:Dump something less valuable and you'll be able to walk. Or log out again and pray the next day will be a 'good day' ;)

The disappearing bags

Example:I logged in, opened my favourite depot and my bags were gone. All of them.

Cause:Bug

Prevention: None known

Cure: Send a private message to Nitram, with your character name and tell him your bags disappeared. He'll recover them for you.

Back in time

Example: Yesterday I put 50 silvers in my depot, and earned a lot of swirlies in fighting. Then the client froze for some reason, and I didn't log back in. When I logged back in today my 50 silvers were gone, as well as my skill - and I logged in at a different location from where I logged out.

Cause:Server Crash. OR Logged out when server busy. Server only saves your status when you log out.

Prevention:

I) Whenever you obtain a lot of skill or items, log out and in again. If the server crashes you'll at least keep your stuff.

II) Whenever you get the message "An update will be hapening to the server in 15 seconds, log out if you're scared" Log out, wait until its over and log back in.

III) If you get the message "Server restart, this may cause some lag" do NOT log out. Yes the server will stop working for a while, and your character can't move, but don't log out or you risk losing your items/skills.

Cure: None, sorry :(

Yesterday I could make X, today I can't

Example: Yesterday I made a suit of Super-Armor, today when I looked at my list I can't make it. Did I lose skill?

Cause:Good day/Bad day in dexterity removes or adds choices in your crafting list. Not a bug

Prevention:None at all

Cure: If you're having a bad day in dexterity, nothing you can do about it but wait until it finishes. If it was a good day then hope you get a good day sometime soon.

----
Will be appended over time
Last edited by Llama on Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Can't stop the "grab" hand on screen

Possibly pressed a wrong button or two in a row though cause unknown.

Solution: Press enter and shift key together, the normal graphic will reappear and functioning return to the char.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Actually the 'grab' hand thing happens when you keep shift held down, so it falls under the 'can't move but looks around' bug. I'll add the details there.