Mule vanished

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Killelot

Mule vanished

Post by Killelot »

My mule was following me and i turned around a corner of a bush, and he vanished... it had all my mining tools, Food, and smith tools. i got some coal in my mule as well. What do i do... he was two squares behind me... and no one was near me...

is this a glitch...

***** also my hatchet was with everything else ****

--== Edward Tudor ==--
Human

this happen around 10:00 pm EST
UTC/GMT -5 hours
Caitir Gilleasbachan

Post by Caitir Gilleasbachan »

You will get your things back if you rent another mule.
Killelot

Post by Killelot »

Is this a Glitch... will it happen again?

plus i don't have enough to rent another mule at the moment.
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

Oh, did it happen just recently? I returned my mule maybe 10-15 minutes ago and when I had done that my mule was still there by some strange reason. I therefore took a walk (RP a bit with char Altrix who I also told about this) and then I went back since it didn't dissappear and I returned the mule (just a while ago). Maybe some kind of bug made me return you mule somehow?
Lily Crystal

Post by Lily Crystal »

I think the same thing may have happened to me. I was leading my donkey when someone else appeared who I found out later also had a donkey. What I saw when the other person came with his donkey was the disappearance of my donkey. Also, when I tried the commands "Stay" and "Follow me" I saw the other person's donkey respond, but the other person's donkey would only follow me for a bit before returning to its owner. I figured out that my donkey had gone invisible when I bumped into an invisible wall where I should have been able to walk. After that, I was able to lead my donkey away with no problem. I found that my donkey disappears whenever another person with a donkey enters my field of vision, but when the other person is beyond my sight my donkey becomes visible again. Hope I helped!
Llama

Post by Llama »

The disappearing mule is a known bug :(

Sometimes it reappears after a minute or so. Otherwise I'm sorry but you lost him :(

The stuff will be on any other mule that you hire.

I way I found which 'prevents' this is to talk a lot to the mule.

Cycle "Follow me" "stay here" every few minutes (I usually do it when I get an interrupt) - appears to work.
Killelot

AGAIN

Post by Killelot »

YAY it happen again... im just venting this time... but i walk from the stables in Trolls bane. and went to the depot closest to it. took some stuff out. and continue to talk to the mule... then after putting all most everything in my depot, and i wanted to go walk to the work area. i told the mule to follow me. and i walked one step and... poof... not even 5 mins... YAY I keep on buying the Vanishing Mule... This guy really likes my business he nevers have to return my 2 silvers... but at least my stuff is still in the mule and not lost forever. but now i got to make enough money to pay for another mule... YAY.

--== Edward ==--
a very "happy" customer

ooc

((

PS
this is a wonderful game, minus this one bug. i just wanted to vent some. And everyone have a great day.

))
Caitir Gilleasbachan

Post by Caitir Gilleasbachan »

In the half moonlight of a sleepless night
I caress the man of my dreams,
in the cold light of day my dreams fade away,
and nothing is quite what it seems.
He tenderly nibbles my toes, my ears, nose and eyes,
and stroking my cheeks with a rose.
My pulse is erratic, I feel quite ecstatic,
who is the man of my dreams,
I open my eyes, and scream with surprise,
It's Jack, my rented mule!
Yet be careful when at the stable
Watch if rent Bessie or Jack
Ole Tom will tell you as he limps toward town
Now missing three of his toes plus his mule.
Bessie likes to nibble then disappear!

You must have rented Bessie!
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

:shock:

I lol'd.
Killelot

Post by Killelot »

it was not Bessie... it started with a J... i cant remember i should after all the time it walk off on me... lol. but maybe i should wait on renting the mules... maybe with all the silvers i never got back, should be my payment on owning this vanishing mule. i know i will never get back my 6 silvers...

but maybe when i rent a future mule. i should tie a rope around us so it cant run away or would i vanish with the mule where all mules go to. but what would happen... lol
Gibble Thibblebum

Loan timer?

Post by Gibble Thibblebum »

How long do these mules last anyhow? ((if the bug doesn't take them)) Is it set amount of time, till you enter the city again, till you talk to the stable boy again or what? Also, do you get the 2sp back when you return the mule?

Just trying to get some info before investing in this beast of burden.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

If the bug doesn't get it you can have the mule as long as you want, but you can't enter shops or caves with it nor any other building, except gates obviously, You get the 2 silvers back when you speak with any of the mule lender.
Gibble Thibblebum

Missing again

Post by Gibble Thibblebum »

Dang it, I got hit with the bug on my first try. I went down into a mine to grab ore. When I got back, the mule was gone. Sheesh, at least nothing was on it yet, still, that's 2.5 silver lost. What a waste. I think I'll wait till it's working better before trying again.
Llama

Re: Missing again

Post by Llama »

Gibble Thibblebum wrote:Dang it, I got hit with the bug on my first try. I went down into a mine to grab ore. When I got back, the mule was gone.
The mule disappears after a while if you stay away from it. Yours was probably not the bug version, but the feature - also people can nick them from you as well.

If you're going to be away from the poor mule for long, get a mule-sitter.

The bug described here happens when the mule is right next to you, and decides to disappear.