Problem with new Account Interface

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Basal

Problem with new Account Interface

Post by Basal »

When you try to edit the settings for your character, all that appears is lines of code. You cannot edit the settings.
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

I have the same problem, Using Firefox 3.0.1. Only lines of code appear.
Olive

Post by Olive »

likewise

a box opens and i just get soem german coding
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Fixed :-)
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

It still doesn't work for me, I can't even get in the "old" way of opening a new window......

what I usually see when trying to see a char pic but now for setting etc.

right click and open it up in a new window has worked in the past, this is what I see now

nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

I just get "Error on #document (null)" when I try and open my chars to give them birthdays :(
Christopher..Rigden

Post by Christopher..Rigden »

happened to me...I just changed computers
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

this #document (null) problem should be a matter for the past.

The problem you have Kaila is more difficult. It looks like the general IE6 bug. The IE6 has major problems with parsing the new accountsystem and I fear I will hardly be able to fix this.

Nitram
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Nitram wrote:this #document (null) problem should be a matter for the past.

The problem you have Kaila is more difficult. It looks like the general IE6 bug. The IE6 has major problems with parsing the new accountsystem and I fear I will hardly be able to fix this.

Nitram
Then this will be a problem for 25% of all your players...not being able to use the online list to change the settings for their char, or update any pictures. That could also be a deterrent to getting new players. BTW this site is the ONLY site I have had trouble with.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

On in fact it will be a problem to 10,35% of our homepage visitors.

But there are reasons why it is in the way it is:
  1. There is no valid reason to use the IE6. Even if you like the IE you can use version 7.
  2. The way to solve it. There are three possible ways
    1. Rolling back the accountsystem to the old version and including the absolutly needed new features into the old framework
    2. coding the whole account system a second time and putting a browser switch at the very beginning so the IE6 gets its very own account system
    3. motivate the IE6 users to update
Olive

Post by Olive »

motivate the IE 6 user to a real browser like firefox or opera :)

actually, i wouldn't recommend using IE for anythign as its designe dto be hacked and bugged
Juliana D'cheyne

Nitram wrote:On in fact it will be a problem to 10,35% of our homepage visitors.

1. There is no valid reason to use the IE6. Even if you like the IE you can use version 7.
    1. Rolling back the accountsystem to the old version and including the absolutly needed new features into the old framework
    2. coding the whole account system a second time and putting a browser switch at the very beginning so the IE6 gets its very own account system
Since this is the ONLY site I go to with a problem, I don't plan on downloading extra baggage on my computer just yet to solve a site problem. Maybe I will one day if other sites have the same problem. Most seem to manage to accomodate all browsers so far however. In the mean time, I can only get to the description part of any char interface. * shrugs*

(have tried ff, opera, and IE7 yet prefer IE6.... each their own, like I said if/when problems with multiple sites I will probably wind up switching one day :wink: )
Wizard of thay

Post by Wizard of thay »

I am also having problems when creating a character.

I go to create new character.
the box opens and displays the following

#9 document null

I am using the latest version of IE and Vista (sadly)

any advice????
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Firefox?
Update IE ?
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Juliana D'cheyne wrote:
Nitram wrote:On in fact it will be a problem to 10,35% of our homepage visitors.

Since this is the ONLY site I go to with a problem, I don't plan on downloading extra baggage on my computer just yet to solve a site problem. Maybe I will one day if other sites have the same problem. Most seem to manage to accomodate all browsers so far however. In the mean time, I can only get to the description part of any char interface. * shrugs*

(have tried ff, opera, and IE7 yet prefer IE6.... each their own, like I said if/when problems with multiple sites I will probably wind up switching one day :wink: )
You don't need to install "extra baggage". All he's advising you to do is the logical, rational human thinking; Upgrade free of charge what you have. If you like IE6, there's no way you won't like IE7 because IE7 is the same as IE6 minus IE6's bugs.
Juliana D'cheyne

Wizard of thay

"I am using the latest version of IE and Vista (sadly) "

If using IE7 can you take a screen shot and upload here http://imageshack.us/ posting the link? If using IE6, the site won't work well with it.

LifeWonder, apparently there are quite a few not liking IE7

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949787 nor vista

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/window ... s-new.aspx

Hopefully the site works with IE7 however, if only with firefox that could limit new players.