Attack...

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Ambrosine

Attack...

Post by Ambrosine »

It seems that my character is unable to attack anything.
I can select "Attack!" and the red circle comes up, but my character doesn't attack - there's no attack icon and monsters don't seem to respond.
This is irritating, more irritating than the mule thing.
(BTW - lost my second mule 'cause some other guy with a mule walked up & then mine disappeared... along with all my stuff.... his seems to be fine though.... ~_~)
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Gawd your hawt.

Anyway, does the NPC continue to attack you? Sometimes this happens to be when I switch between npcs too quickly. If waiting about 5 seconds before ctrl clicking again doesn't work then .. I'm not sure.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Sorry.. I offered to buy yours back, it should have all your stuff.

Anyway... are you holding a weapon? Are you in range? Are you just holding a shield and trying to fist fight? What are you using? And fighting? Thanks!
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

(I'm just waiting to see if it does anything. It's still sitting there, not responding...)
Anyway,
I tried barehanded and with a staff, nothing different happens. I got attacked by a wolf (that's the moment I realized I couldn't fight back... kinda a bad moment) but when I got 5-10 squares away it stopped chasing me. I tried attacking pigs but they don't respond either.
(I also tried to attack my mule, since it's nonfunctioning self seems to still be standing there :D but nothing happened)
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Ambrosine wrote:(I'm just waiting to see if it does anything. It's still sitting there, not responding...)
Anyway,
I tried barehanded and with a staff, nothing different happens. I got attacked by a wolf (that's the moment I realized I couldn't fight back... kinda a bad moment) but when I got 5-10 squares away it stopped chasing me. I tried attacking pigs but they don't respond either.
(I also tried to attack my mule, since it's nonfunctioning self seems to still be standing there :D but nothing happened)
have you tried to log out and back again seeing if you still can't attack?
Revan

Post by Revan »

Mules are bugged. As for you problem with attacking I need your character's name or your Account name.

~~Revan
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

My GF had the same problem. Might be so that you have asked to get your char new length, weight and/or age,got it all reset and not completed that step again. She had t his probel because of that it seems.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

is it possible, that you havn't a weapon in your hand? (maybee just a shield?) this could be the reason for this...
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

Ahh! So much help!
K, here goes.
To Juliana: Yea, tried dozens of times :cry: no help
Rincewind: Repeating myself but yea, I tried with a staff (two handed) and plain fists (err... also two handed?) and I don't have a shield (why would you attack with a shield?? bashing weapon?), and neither method resulted in it's appropriate attack icon.
To Hawkmoon: Hm... I think I do have to reset some of his values. Lemme check and see if that helps.
To Revan: Lemme try fixing the various account bits first ^_^
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

Alright, seems the problem has randomly decided to fix itself though I suspect it had something to do with that misbegotten donkey of mine 'cause once he finally disappeared things started working again *shrugs*.

And to Revan? I was quite surprised as to the attitude of the PM you sent me - I was tempted to throw something quite nasty back at you, but I'll only say this:
Making those assumptions about my character are uncalled for and you seem to have made no effort to help me except to say 'You shouldn't be playing that way anyway'. Very few things piss me off, but arbitrarily telling me what characters I can play and how they are played is one of them. I've put a lot of effort into making this character who he is. This is an RP game; if I can RP it don't presume to tell me I'm doing it wrong.

I chose to post this on the board, rather than as a PM because I hope to make my message a bit more widespread - Do Not Tell Me How To Play.

And for goodness sakes, if you say you're going to help me then help me. Don't PM me and tell me you don't like my chars. Jeeze.