Frozen Account? (Reposted from "Missing" in Newbie

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Ambrosine

Frozen Account? (Reposted from "Missing" in Newbie

Post by Ambrosine »

Apparently everything I did yesterday never happened....
Among other things I bought a donkey and grain and planted grain and grew more grain... (long cycle here)... and met a halfling and logged out.

Today I have my donkey, but it's depot is empty. The flail and scythe that were there are now back in my city depot. Everything I made yesterday is gone (and yesterday was a skill day 'cause I was on at 3am and 5 people were online then and they were all skilling ) including dyed cloth and a lot of grain.

Also: I'd gained a good bit of skill in farming & tailoring, but now those are back to their previous colour (yes I admit to counting pixels )....

I looked in my log (because it did occur to me that maybe I'd had another Illa dream... ) but everything I did yesterday is there, including the conversation with the halfling.

I'm not really too irritated - it wasn't that much skill, and I got a "free" donkey out of it - but I'd be really irritated if it happened again, so I thought I'd post and ask if anyone else had had this problem...

Edit: Also, but unrelated, my client says it's 8 Eldas, but the online-player viewer on the website says it's 9 Eldas.... um... what's up with that?

Edit2: Now it's kinda a problem....
As an experiment I PGed an ooc skill (that I didn't previously have). I also walked to GB to buy more grain, at which point I logged out.
This time it put me in my previous place & my donkey was still in GB (I used the teleporters to get back to it).
The skill was gone & the grain I bought was gone as well....
Um.... Help me Please?
Zananex Zane

Post by Zananex Zane »

my only thought is perhaps re-downloading your illarion client? just completely delete the file you had and redownload?

or if this would be a problem with one of the files illarion puts onto the computer client-side, then maybe a GM could let you know what it is and you could try backing up that file to a safe location, then deleting it and then re-downloading the client?
Llama

Post by Llama »

Nah, this is clearly a server-side problem, maybe the disk is full again -_-

Just leave your sacrifice by the door and the great nitram should fix it up for you.
Dren Da' Ruhk

Post by Dren Da' Ruhk »

Leave a face
Zananex Zane

Post by Zananex Zane »

Dren Da' Ruhk wrote:Leave a face

you can have dren's he's not using it. oh wait, are we talking about brains?

:P

and according to dren, this happened to him in the past as well, and he got ticked and ended up leaving illarion for awhile... but from what i can tell there's no reason to do this if nitram can do something about it.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

the disk is not filled up. Not even slightly.

How ever it happens sometimes that the server does not store the character data corrently. We do not know yet why this happens. But its not a client problem and there is nothing you could change at it.

Nitram
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

After much experimentation it seems that there was a glitch with the donkey I had:
Whenever I logged out & there was stuff in the donkey's depot it would reset everything back (it also didn't seem to matter just what was in the depot either), but if I logged out & had taken everything out and donkey's depot was empty things would be as I'd left them.
I returned it and got a new donkey and things seem to be running okay except I ran into the same "resetting" glitch after saying "stay" then "follow me" but not moving so the donkey followed and then logging out.

Edit: Is this a common glitch or hopefully something I'll never run into again?
Zananex Zane

Post by Zananex Zane »

from the looks of it, there seems to be several bugs with the mules involved. Perhaps these mules should be shot and killed in that order.

or perhaps they could be taken out of the game (even though im sure many people wouldnt like that) until their scripts are debugged? meh, it's ultimately the admins decisions.