Lagging like crazy.

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Sevious Helios

Lagging like crazy.

Post by Sevious Helios »

Hello Folks.

I've a slight problem and I don't know if it's been frequent with others, but every time I log in for these past few days, the server seems to lag like crazy when I get on any of my characters. First, the mana, health, and food bars are rize up slowly, then the text of welcoming you to Illarion comes after about 10 seconds of waiting. Once I wait for everything to load, I begin to move and really slowly. I'm guessing my system may not be fast enough. Can anyone render me any assistance? I can't quite remember how to bring up the system specs in Windows, but if you need that information, I could give it to you with your help. I appreciate any help given. Thank you in advance.

Sevious
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

Maybe you have to change the games settings to get a smoother gameplay?
Sevious Helios

Post by Sevious Helios »

I reduced the settings to the lowest points possible for all of them, but still had the same problem. And in the end, after waiting a while, I got the error that exactly stated this - "Insufficient system performance. Try reducing framerate and graphics quality." I did that, but nothing much came of it.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

What Windows do you have?
Cassandra Fjurin

Post by Cassandra Fjurin »

have you tried the full screen mode? I don't know it exactly but for Direct X applications the Fullscreen mode allows the program to use all system resources for the application. The windowed mode has to share them with other tasks.
I don't know how the java client handle this.
Sevious Helios

Post by Sevious Helios »

I have windows XP and I was indeed in the full screen mode. Perhaps I should try the window screen myself, but I'm not sure how that will work out. I'll see how that goes as well. Also, here are my system specs if they help you out any. I've not had the time to go and find the minimun system requirements for the game, but I think that might help as well. Although, I am pretty sure this pc should be able to play Illarion as it's able to run games like Morrowind and Oblivion...hmm.

System Specs.

O/S: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1900+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.6GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster PCI

Those are the important things I think, but if there's something I'm missing, I'm sure I could repost it with more specefics on here. Sorry if I am, and once again thanks for the help. I'll try a few more things to see if they work.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

I would like to revive Grunith's thread, because I think it would be awesome if he could play again. He is still experiencing lag, and perhaps someone here has a "plan" to help him out a tad.
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Mmh, I have almost the same system and it runs here without problems.

:My hardware:
WinXP Pro SP1 (build 2600), latest Java Runtime 1.5
AMD Athlon XP 2000+
512 MB DDR-RAM
DirectX 9.0c
ATI Radeon 9500 Pro (128 MB), drivers from 11-2005
Onboard Sound (Realtek)

:My Illarion config:
Window mode
Framerate: 27
Graphics Quality: High
Colour depth: 32bit