Armour disappearence.

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Moathia

Armour disappearence.

Post by Moathia »

I know armour breaks, but this has nothing to do with it, but almost all my armour has disappeared, my chainmail, my leather leggings, and all the leather armour in my depot, and the quest armour I got. I accepted losing the platemail despite that I lost hundreds of gold because of it, but this is fucking bull! My chatacter as a warrior now can't fight because even the weaker bandits do decent damage, and he can't make money off them.
Rugosch

Post by Rugosch »

There was a bug last days which make it possible to produce armors that normally couldnt produce at this time. So the bug were removed and all armors, because it was impossible to remove only the armors created by "using" the bug.

At the moment that isnt a point to complain, because there is a new server and client version. Its possible, that there could disappeare some items to repair some bugs and the following problems.
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

There was a bug last days which make it possible to produce armors that normally couldnt produce at this time. So the bug were removed and all armors, because it was impossible to remove only the armors created by "using" the bug.

At the moment that isnt a point to complain, because there is a new server and client version. Its possible, that there could disappeare some items to repair some bugs and the following problems.
It's be good if you actually think before you speak. Yes there was a bug that let people make platemail with very little exp in smithing, however all the armour was taken away, which was acceptable, but the rest of my armour disappearing has made the character unplayable.

Also, as far as I am aware, I'm the only one this has happened too.

Another thing, you can delete individual items.
Rugosch

Post by Rugosch »

Ive thought about it, before I said it. And I know something of the backround of this problem. (Thats what and why I answered...)

Maybe you have the oppinion, that you are the only one, because all you asked were already logged in as the delete happened. I think you should prove it later and you will see, that all should have lost their armor.

And if you think, that your char is unplayable now: How did you play it as long you have had no armor? And how did you get your first armor? Only few things to think about it...
martin

Post by martin »

I am terribly sorry, but due to a bug it was possible to create armor which shouldn't even be in game and others had much too low difficulty to produce.
I am terribly tired and therefore forgot to post about that.

However, I saw no other solution than to delete all armor that needs more than a certain skill to produce.

Sorry for inconvenience, I will see what I can do as a reparation.

Martin
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Yeah you took my characters chain mail, and leather leggings. Both you could get from bandits. I don't really mind. As long as you didn't take my beautiful war axe.
Athian

Post by Athian »

all i had was regular leather armor and a helm and both were taken. but as a slight request /question. since no one seems to have any good armor, if the castle is infact quest involved, could you tone down the monsters. no one can beat those without decent equipment, at least for a few months. thats if it's one of those all involving quests. if it's just open like old spider cave was and such then it's really no problem. everyone can just avoid it.
Last edited by Athian on Tue May 10, 2005 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
martin

Post by martin »

Who said that you should be able to do everything just 2 weeks after the wipe?

Martin
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

That has been my argument in a recent discussion. :roll:

Erik
Athian

Post by Athian »

of course not. but it would be bad if per say a skellie or two walked into town. we'd all be dead. just saying i hope they stay where they are for the time being at least.
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Monsters don't roam the island freely. They stay in their assigned territories.
Rugosch

Post by Rugosch »

I hope so... :roll:
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Well, they should do so. :wink:
Athian

Post by Athian »

what i mean is as in a quest type setting, where it is possible that monsters might attack or enter town etc etc. either way yes armor gone. have to wait awhile got it. :roll:
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

I am not pleased that you speak that openly about this location, Athian, especialy on this section of the board..
I had my reasons to hide this place.
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

If you wished it hidden then why were gms throwing lighting on the spot,making things glow red and myst rise. We were basically led there in no uncertain terms. I doubt there is a player in game who is not aware of it.
Not to be difficult but if athian and I speak of the same place it was never kept a secret at all.
It is all the talk in game, I doubt a mention on the boards would do much harm at all
Brian
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

I was not aware that GMs are leading characters into it. ( You fools ! :P)
On the other hand, I dont mind when people find out about this ingame, or at least on the rpg board.
Not by reading the tech board.
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

Oh it is a lot of fun down there :twisted:..
Until you die yes....
Fair enough comment about were to find out about it, Just as i say it is so well knowen now that the secret is out.
Brian
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Pendar wrote:I doubt there is a player in game who is not aware of it.
Thank you for making me feel like the village idiot friend. :P
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Well... If it makes you feel any better Keikan, stephen is the only to have been able to make it into the castle and get out of the tomb without dieing.
Pendar

Post by Pendar »

Many apologies blood, I always hate doing for people what they can do for themselves :lol:
Kidding bud...
Seek me out we can go get murdered togther
Brian
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Well... If it makes you feel any better Keikan, stephen is the only to have been able to make it into the castle and get out of the tomb without dieing.
I never expected anything else from a merc of "Jagged Alliance 2" ;)
Oh and by the way, the Dungeon is designed to be beatable, so dont think anything else of my creations.
(Only 8 of 10 dungeons are meant as a leathal death trap. ;) )
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Keikan Hiru wrote:(Only 8 of 10 dungeons are meant as a leathal death trap. ;) )
:shock:

Looks like I'll have to do innie-minnie-miney-moe later on. Thanks for the info sir.
Athian

Post by Athian »

i figured practically everyone knew about it, as Pendar said there was quite a bit of rp that lead exactly to the spot. i mean there were like ten people standing around it last time i was there. but my apologies. i'll go remove that portion of my post so no gung ho skillless ninny walks in and beats your duegon in two seconds flat (p.s thats not gonna happen :roll:)

p.p.s. :
You hear a rumor that a knight of kallahorn fell into a cave under the graveyard, was gone for several hours only to emerge from another grave with many weapons.
if someone isnt smart enough to walk around a boxed in area until they fall into a hole then well yea...
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Keikan Hiru wrote: I never expected anything else from a merc of "Jagged Alliance 2" ;)
Is my character name really not original!?!
Moirear Sian

Post by Moirear Sian »

Considering a) "Stephen Rothman" sounds like a typical human being and I can imagine you came up with it yourself, and b) I just saw "Gilgamesh" online recently; I'd dare say it is rather original, regardless of whether you knew JA2 or not. ;)