The maximum height when making a lizard

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Dominik Windslasher ~

The maximum height when making a lizard

Post by Dominik Windslasher ~ »

Well. I was remaking the stats of my old lizardman character, Chak' Ysshir, with the new account system and everything went fine.
But, when I was putting numbers into the height, the maximum I could get to was 156cm. I can be wrong, but I always thought that lizards were way taller than humans and 156cm seems like the maximum of a halfling height.
If it's a problem and can be fixed, how can I redo my height?
Dominik Windslasher ~

Post by Dominik Windslasher ~ »

Ah, other thing... with a human, when you put 170cm in height, it turns to 120cm.
martin

Post by martin »

Inches versus cm.

Martin
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Moonsilver talking about Lizardmen wrote:They are a little smaller than the average human, walk on two legs, with a strong tail to add balance and agility when running, jumping or swimming.
Yakin

Post by Yakin »

Problem is fixed
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Problem is, I already did my stats. What to do?
Shi'voc

Post by Shi'voc »

delete the char and recreate it?
as your account is already approved you only need to get through the name check again...
and it's not like you loose much as you couldn't log on with the char yet ;)
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

Umm.. does the height really make a difference in game? Just roleplay that you are taller than your stats say.
Shi'voc

Post by Shi'voc »

Nilo wrote:Umm.. does the height really make a difference in game? Just roleplay that you are taller than your stats say.
bad advise...
last time people advised things like that, afterwards everyone whined about that some stats were just not used when the char created and so they are screwed now...
never assume something you can change is not used.
it may already make a difference (who of you knows all the changes on the new server?) or might get included in the future.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

So, I ask again. What to do?
Yakin

Post by Yakin »

Delete the character and create a new one.
Or what should we do?
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Alright. That was actually precisely what I was looking for n_n.
Kincent Nolatri
Location: Think to your self, does Kincent stay still long enough for a location

Post by Kincent Nolatri »

Argh I'm really dreading going back and remaking my chars just for their height to be right ARGH

I mean 168cm is like around 5.45 feet right? thats not that short for a human I was really bumed though when i did kincent becuase i want him around me height and body size becuase thats how I pictureed him when i made him, remotly tall and skin.... yet a lot more muscluar than me ;)
Shi'voc

Post by Shi'voc »

Misjbar wrote:So, I ask again. What to do?
learn to read.
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

Shi'voc wrote:
Misjbar wrote:So, I ask again. What to do?
learn to read.
Hehe

Um it might jsut be me, but i find it rather difficult changing the age and height, especially for elves who are in their thousands, and you can only go by 5's and 10's max.

You could have a small text box.. <INPUT type="text" maxlength="4">
This way they are between 1 - 9999. Which is more logical, and easier. And if you want to make a limit.. say from 100 to 5,000, you could add that to the PHP script. (Just a suggestion)

As for the height and age thing.... Why would it make a difference? And if it did, how would we know what is better and what is worst? Just because you are tall doesn't mean your a good fighter, and if your really short doens't mean your a bad fighter. If your medium that doesn't mean your any better either... I see how age can affect it, but how would height?
ezo
Location: Jolly old England. Toodle-pip Heavens above! How smashing!!

Post by ezo »

Perhaps shorter people in the future will be able to get into tight gaps and smaller places? Perhaps taller people will be able to reach things others can't?

I don't see why you have to assume the only thing these characteristics would affect is combat.

Just two random examples but you get the drift...

P.S One thing is not always better than another, different things give different advantages.
Jeremy Gems Willowbrook

Post by Jeremy Gems Willowbrook »

Halfling max height is 100 cm....has this been fixed too?
Also, the halfling only has 84 total attribute points where before they had 86. Is this deliberate? Do all races have the same max points?
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

All have 84 total.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

About the height thing Nilo was rambling about. Maybe once you can "view" people in the future? You could judge different humans from small to large.
Shi'voc

Post by Shi'voc »

as ezo sugested, why do you limit all efects to combat? ;)
he gave nice examples of how the height could affect gameplay... (which if i remeber right were in some extent also stated on the homepage somewhere... the example with the halfling crouching through a small pass after the brutal orc slayed the monster that was guarding it... ;) )

and we will definately have the possibility to get more details of a character at some point... that way you would certainly notice the difference in height... (by seeing a small/medium/large/whatever halfling f.e.)

you should always assume anything you can change is used (or will be used in the future)
we wouldn't add those things if we don't intend to use them.
Naybet Grint

Post by Naybet Grint »

It should be possible for a script to be knocked up that the GMs can use to edit heights, but I can't see it being a priority. Perhaps when heights are made meaningful or displayable (if that isn't already the case) a means of tweaking them could be added.
Shi'voc

Post by Shi'voc »

there won't be any editing of stats after the initial distribution.
Kincent Nolatri
Location: Think to your self, does Kincent stay still long enough for a location

Post by Kincent Nolatri »

Then my two humans will stay 5 foot some odd inchs tall... I have the stats set up just the way i wanted them and i didnt right derinoars down I think I got a amazing set set up this time for both of my chars and i dont plan on changing it... by mistake just for the height of the chars... its to long of a job ;)
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

*sighs* had to delete two of my characters because their supposed to be tall...
Tzi Hahasus

Post by Tzi Hahasus »

I believe the height of the female elf is lower than it should be too--When I made Tzi yesterday, the tallest I could get was 180cm, versus 228.
[edit]
Can I still go back and fix her height, now that the new client's up, or will I lose her?
Yakin

Post by Yakin »

There is no way back. Only you can delete the character and create a new one