acc name = char name?

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Ihnam

acc name = char name?

Post by Ihnam »

Hmm..Is the account name the same as the character name?
If so, then im affraid that the account name i gave violates the rules. I was not aware that the account and character name is the same thing, cause in most games it is something different.
I belive the answers i provided were writen well enough to obtain an account here, thus i ask if it is possible to change the account name, before even getting the account.
The account name i have given is limpy. I'd be much obliged if a GM would read the answers ,even though the name, and if she/he finds them satisfying, allow me to change the account name to a characters name.

I hope my post is understandable:)
Thank you in advance.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Wait some days and you will see a brand new account system. Right now, it does not make much sense to apply for a new account because your char will get wiped in some days...

But Arien, what do you say?
Ihnam

Post by Ihnam »

Ahh..ok then, though it wouldnt be bad it someone added a message like that in the account creation page:) cause reading this
Btw it doesn't make sense to send new account-request these days. In less than two weeks each of you will be able to create new chars.
on the forums, doesnt exactly explain why theres no sense in creating an account

still, i'd like to know if the acc. name and char. name is the same thing, for future account creation.

btw, if theres still gonna be stories to finish, you might want to fix some logic and spelling mistakes in them:)
like in the lizardmen story, where he's never been on land, yet he knows how alcohol smells like
Sskakzk'krr

Post by Sskakzk'krr »

The reason why it's pointless to apply for an account these days is because of the upcoming character wipe (deletion of all characters), as Estralis just mentioned.
Mimblethorp

Post by Mimblethorp »

Exactly, but I do agree with Ihnam that it would be a good thing to put a message on the New Account page to the affect that new Accounts will not (or may not) be created because of the upcoming charwipe and giving a date as to when new accounts will be accepted. That way people aren't signing up for them and wondering why they aren't being accepted.

Heck, if the account creation system is changing as much as it sounds like it will, maybe the New Account form should be commented out for the time being.
Vindigan

Post by Vindigan »

Will we all have to apply for new accounts after the wipe?
Sskakzk'krr

Post by Sskakzk'krr »

@Mimblethorp: True. Maybe Alatar can fix that...
Someone wrote:Will we all have to go through the account test again with the story and such?
Martin wrote:Actually, I don't know. Both scenarios are possible, however we will try to keep it short.
The problem is that it is not easy for us to decide whether or not you already had an account.
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

The accountname isn't decisive for your acceptance. The charnames have to fit.
Your accountname may be sausage or tschakka if you want to :wink:
Ihnam

Post by Ihnam »

Ahh..finally an answer:) thanks Arien