Goodbye // Tschüss nathi, PO Deanna

Introduce yourself to the community and discuss about topics of general interest to the community. No spam, please! / Stell dich der Community vor und diskutiere über Themen von allgemeinem Interesse der Community. Kein Spam bitte!

Moderator: Gamemasters

CJK
Developer

Goodbye // Tschüss nathi, PO Deanna

Post by CJK »

nathi wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:13 pm hej hej

I think I owe an explanation for my leaving the game, because for about 12 years I played the char "Deanna", sometimes more sometimes less intense. The reasons for quitting are complex. One of the main reasons was that I couldn't behave as I wanted to in my role as a council member, things didn't go the way I wanted them to, and there was no forward and no backward for my claim to the rp. Further, with more than 2-3 players at the same time I had difficulties to keep up with the speed of the common language (English). All in all it can be summarized like this, I have no more desire. I actually wanted to play the perma-dead in game, but there was no opportunity for that either. So that I don't have the chance to relapse anymore, I deleted my char and wrote a short die-rp in the rp-board. Since the VBU I don't see the entry into the game with a new char as lucrative.
I want to thank specially GM Slightly for his endless patience and helpfulness.

lg nathi
============================================================================================================================================================

It's a real tragedy to see you go, but your reasons are deeply understandable. Your recent accident and ongoing recovery was not mentioned, but no doubt it played a heavy part. Such experiences are powerful motivators for us to re-examine our priorities and how we want to spend our time and energy. I'm sad to see you go, but I'm glad to see that you are making the best choices available to take care of yourself and your needs.

You as a player and Deanna as a fleshed-out well played character have been stalwarts of our community both IG and on forums/chat for over a decade. Our community is a little poorer today than it was yesterday. You will be missed and will always have a place here if you ever wish to return.

I'd like to encourage players to post about their favorite quotes, memories, and screenshots with you and your characters here, if possible.

============================================================================================================================================================
(Danke Jupiter für die Hilfe bei der Übersetzung. <3)

Es ist eine Tragödie, dich gehen zu sehen, aber deine Gründe sind zu tiefst verständlich. Dein kürzlicher Unfall und die anhaltende Genesung haben sicherlich, auch wenn du es nicht erwähnt hast, einen gewichtigen Part gespielt. Solche Erfahrungen sind eine kraftvolle Motivation unsere Prioritäten und wie wir unsere Zeit und Energie aufwenden wollen zu überdenken. Ich bin traurig, dass du gehst, aber ich bin froh, dass du dich für die beste Option entschieden hast, nämlich auf dich und deine Bedürfnisse zu achten.

Du als Spieler und Deanna als ausgemachter und ausgezeichnet gespielter Charakter wart treuer Mitglieder dieser Gemeinschaf, sowohl IG wie auch im Forum/Chat für über ein Jahrzehnt. Unsere Gemeinschaft ist heute ein wenig ärmer als sie es gestern war. Du wirst vermisst werden und wirst immer einen Platz hier haben, um zurück zu kommen.

Ich möchte die Spieler ermutigen, ihre Lieblingszitate, -Erinnerungen und -Screenshots mit dir und deinem Charakter hier zu teilen, wenn möglich.
rakust dorenstkzul

Re: Goodbye // Tschüss nathi, PO Deanna

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

I never had much imajor interaction when Deanna the character, but when i did i always did enjoy it. The character was well put together, developed and was something that i don't ever see in elf characters - Calm.

I'm sad to be losing the char. But RL is always more important, and i'm glad you're taking the decision that you think will lead to greater happiness for you
Charlotte-ate-wilbur

Post by Charlotte-ate-wilbur »

You'll be greatly missed, you've shown alot of patience since I've played with you, and you seemed to put alot of effort into playing with English speaking players to which I'm very appreciative. More than that I've always been very fond of the char Deanna, hate to see her go.
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

To be fair, I think my favorite memories with your Char were back before the VBU on Tol Vanima, with Deanna as one of the elders, eventually allowing Katharina to live on their island until she becomes an adult. After the VBU, our chars discovered the new map together.

I am sure that I would have had many quotes from back then, but since I lost all logs older than 2017, I cannot give examples.

All the best for your RL.
Caswir

Post by Caswir »

Sad to see you leave Deanna. You will be missed. <3

(4$\/\/1/2
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

I don't remember much pre-VBU but my char enjoyed seeing you post VBU and always looked forward to talking to your char which had some interesting things to say even the ooc made me smile. I REALLY wish I would have taken the time to learn more about Deanna.... but was very impressed with the cool, strong and comforting decisions made by the PO.. I know it must have been very tiring but you made an excellent one to be over the town and will be truly missed.

I can't remember which of my characters enjoyed you the most and get some times mixed however I really wish you all the best. If you decide to come back and play you will add a lot to the game and I hope you will one day. If not, just stop by and say Hi occasionally!

PO Kyre and others.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Best wishes to you PO Deanna! :D
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

I am sad that you leave. I hope you will return and give Illarion an other chance!
nathi

Post by nathi »

hej

Since I myself know well enough what it's like when chars with whom one has experienced a lot leave the game, I would like to apologize with this review and thank everyone with whom Deanna has gone through highs and lows.

One of the early elven meetings in 12/2009, with Deanna as newcomer.
Elder in this time was Shandariel, Caelianna was leader of the Tinechor.

Neirumé 11/2010, Raina and Deanna, they are close friends, are singing the Neirume song while the cherry blossoms drift away on the water in the spirit of transience.

Another elven meeting 06/2011. New elected elder Raina, Arcia and Deanna.
Deanna feels very good between Arcia and Aramon. She loved Armaon :-) (who was this guy?)

A first inquisation trial in trollsbane 11/2011. There is also already S’rrt, Katharina and Evie and of course Riniao and Tialdin. I am not sure but think someone was burned there after the trail.

The last elven meeting on Tol Vanima in 07/2012 with unloved guests from Varshikar.
There is also Damien (with trousers on) oh, and Deanna loved also Maeglin very much.

12/2012 After evacuation of all elves, Deanna looks around on the sinking island Tol Vanima,
before she leaves the loved island as the last elf.

How did I come to Illa? In autum 2007 I took over a computer of a relative, there the client Illarium was installed and surprice .. I took over the game ;-)
I deleted the existing char and started with my first own one a dwarf, later with humans. Since male chars is somehow not right, I have then mimed the well known 'strange' elfess from mid 2008. As a side char there was a orc too, but I want to delete him as well.

For information, PO “Deanna Aryon’athar li Tamilin” ,was also known as:
Malze Berchwerch, (drunken) dwarf
Heergang Namuras, human, druid
Tjark Alverven Trollskov, human, norodaji
Vinkona Snjoflysga, human, norodaji
Ham Ubarku, orc (more as a test, just for joke)

lg nathi
nathi

Post by nathi »

hej igen

I have been asked several times about the deletion of Deanna. The reasons for this are mainly misunderstandings, which finally led to the exceeding of my pent-up personal frustration. The backgrounds are not in my private mood but definitely IG. Now some people have moved me to reconsider the matter again, but surprisingly not those I expected. That makes me doubt, but if I can believe it, they would like to see me continue playing Deanna, the reasons are mainly IG reasons and the situation of Runewick. I hesitated with the decision for a few days, and finally my own loss of the char Deanna moved me to agree to a new beginning. The story will be set up as RP in the forum. There will be no special treatment, although I insist on a certain (but useless) ring for symbolic reasons. Deanna has survived the Bearers in many years, and she will also manage this cut. Deanna has a correspondingly long history, especially as far as Runewick is concerned, the RP will be taken up accordingly. She carries still her knowledge. Deanna's character will not change much, I won't reveal more at this point, it will have to be shown if it was a good idea.

lg nathi
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

Deanna will be welcomed back and happy you will continue to play her!
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

This is very welcome news! :D
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Fantastic to hear. Welcome back