What are you reading?/Was liest du?

Introduce yourself to the community and discuss about topics of general interest to the community. No spam, please! / Stell dich der Community vor und diskutiere über Themen von allgemeinem Interesse der Community. Kein Spam bitte!

Moderators: Gamemasters, Community Managers

Illarion e.V.: Support Member

Post by TiaSarah » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:34 am

Re: What are you reading?/Was liest du?

Caswir wrote: How is Bram Stokers Dracula not on that list...its suppose to be one of the most read books.

My fiance has watched a couple episodes of this. It is a list of "most loved" novels based on a survey. So the list probably says more about Americans than it does literature.

https://www.pbs.org/the-great-american-read/about/show/

"How were the top 100 books chosen?
PBS and the producers worked with the public opinion polling service “YouGov” to conduct a demographically and statistically representative survey asking Americans to name their most-loved novel. Approximately 7,200 people participated."

Illarion e.V.: Active Member

Post by Banduk » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:08 pm

Banduk wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 8:45 pm
"Alterworld: Play to Live" by Dmitry Rus

Sad to say it took only 2 days to read, but in September the second part will be published.
Good to say, there are already 7 books available in the original language as well as in English.
Currently at book 5.

Community Manager

Post by Achae Eanstray » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:14 am

I've read the last book of Crossbreed Series by Dannika Dark which is pretty good if you like alternate universe books. https://www.dannikadark.net/p/the-cross ... eries.html

Illarion e.V.: Support Member

Post by Q-wert » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:41 pm

The Atlantropa Articles
  • A rather short (~150 pages) book about an ordinary, yet violent supply run of a Nazi desert ship through Atlantropa. Its a haunting depiction of an alternate history set 2000 years in the future through the eyes of the ships captain.
    I do have some minor gripes with technical details and convenient chance encounters, but the society depicted is spot on disturbing for the reader... and everyday normal for the characters.

Post by Sskakzk'krr » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:59 pm

One Who Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest. :)

Post by Caswir » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:06 pm

Liber null
Psychonaut
Read these recently now I will start.
Principia Discordia

Post by CipherZero » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:41 pm

A manga called Last Hour, it's both beautiful and depressing; but it looks like it's a trendy thing to write these days...
But right now, exactly, I'm reading about real estate, because my wife and I were looking at Jurmala houses with absolutely no idea of how to get ourselves one :lol:

Return to “Community Forum”