What are you reading?/Was liest du?

Introduce yourself to the community and discuss about topics of general interest to the community. No spam, please! / Stell dich der Community vor und diskutiere über Themen von allgemeinem Interesse der Community. Kein Spam bitte!

Moderator: Gamemasters

TiaSarah

Re: What are you reading?/Was liest du?

Post by TiaSarah »

Caswir wrote: How is Bram Stokers Dracula not on that list...its suppose to be one of the most read books.

My fiance has watched a couple episodes of this. It is a list of "most loved" novels based on a survey. So the list probably says more about Americans than it does literature.

https://www.pbs.org/the-great-american-read/about/show/

"How were the top 100 books chosen?
PBS and the producers worked with the public opinion polling service “YouGov” to conduct a demographically and statistically representative survey asking Americans to name their most-loved novel. Approximately 7,200 people participated."
Banduk

Post by Banduk »

Banduk wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 9:45 pm "Alterworld: Play to Live" by Dmitry Rus

Sad to say it took only 2 days to read, but in September the second part will be published.
Good to say, there are already 7 books available in the original language as well as in English.
Currently at book 5.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

I've read the last book of Crossbreed Series by Dannika Dark which is pretty good if you like alternate universe books. https://www.dannikadark.net/p/the-cross ... eries.html
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

The Atlantropa Articles
  • A rather short (~150 pages) book about an ordinary, yet violent supply run of a Nazi desert ship through Atlantropa. Its a haunting depiction of an alternate history set 2000 years in the future through the eyes of the ships captain.
    I do have some minor gripes with technical details and convenient chance encounters, but the society depicted is spot on disturbing for the reader... and everyday normal for the characters.
Sskakzk'krr

Post by Sskakzk'krr »

One Who Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest. :)
Caswir

Post by Caswir »

Liber null
Psychonaut
Read these recently now I will start.
Principia Discordia
CipherZero

Post by CipherZero »

A manga called Last Hour, it's both beautiful and depressing; but it looks like it's a trendy thing to write these days...
But right now, exactly, I'm reading about real estate, because my wife and I were looking at Jurmala houses with absolutely no idea of how to get ourselves one :lol:
Caswir

Post by Caswir »

Reading:
the Kybalion (hermetic philosophy)
The Magnum Opiate of Malaclypse the Younger, Principia DIscordia.
Lesser Key of Solomon by S.L. MacGregor Mathers and Aliester Crowley
Necronomicon: The Annunaki Bible

The Necronomicon tho this one looks like its good. If anyone here knows of good books on the Occult or Chaos magic, let me know, ill check them out.
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

Caswir wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:07 am If anyone here knows of good books on the Occult or Chaos magic, let me know, ill check them out.
Not exactly CHAOS magic, but Harry Potter was a decent book series.
Charlotte-ate-wilbur

Post by Charlotte-ate-wilbur »

Caswir wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:07 am Reading:
the Kybalion (hermetic philosophy)
The Magnum Opiate of Malaclypse the Younger, Principia DIscordia.
Lesser Key of Solomon by S.L. MacGregor Mathers and Aliester Crowley
Necronomicon: The Annunaki Bible

The Necronomicon tho this one looks like its good. If anyone here knows of good books on the Occult or Chaos magic, let me know, ill check them out.
The 'Simon' Necronomicon is widely considered the 'best' if you didn't already know that.

I'll throw any interesting bits I might find your way

ps the pope is a priest of Dagon
Cassidy Eshorn

Post by Cassidy Eshorn »

The Cheater's Game (Glass and Steele Book 7) I am at the point of waiting for some of my favorite authors/authoress' to write more.
Caswir

Post by Caswir »

Im on book 11 of 15 of Metamorphosis by Ovid - Now this is a good book so far, an epic tale. Poetry to the ears.

ill have to check out Simons, Nekronomicon, I was going to pick up a copy but I wasnt sure if it was good. There were only a few parts of the Annunaki bible i found interesting. Chants ... how to summon the FIRE GOD. GIBIL

Why does pope dress like a priest of DaGON? it doesnt make sense. fishhead. I only know of Lovecrafts Dagon.