Level 100 Cooking/Baking

Introduce yourself to the community and discuss about topics of general interest to the community. No spam, please! / Stell dich der Community vor und diskutiere über Themen von allgemeinem Interesse der Community. Kein Spam bitte!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Vern Kron

Level 100 Cooking/Baking

Post by Vern Kron »

Hello friends.

:)

I am so glad you decided to click this post.

I hope that you are able to share recipes that you have made (IRL, by the way).
Basically, we all have a wide variety of tastes and such, and this would be a great way for us to share what we eat, and get ideas! We have a good cross-section of people here, with different ideas, so why not share what we are eating around the globe, and maybe pick up some new ideas.

Spoiler, I'm a pretty terrible cook, and I mainly make desserts when I have gatherings because I have a lot of very simple ones to throw together. They are also extremely unhealthy. Don't eat my desserts.

For example:
Tonight I made banana pudding (with special milk because my friend can't have lactose), that will also have bananas and vanilla wafers in it.
I also made: Oreo Dirt Pudding ( https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dess ... dding.html )
Achae Eanstray

Re: Level 100 Cooking/Baking

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Ham Soup:

Freeze leftover vegetables for a month or so to throw in soup.... or can use 1 can navy beans and 1 can pinto beans with juice, 1/4 sliced red onion. Slice two potatoes (can use 1 or 2 canned if desperate), add a can or two of rotel (or add a can of tomatoes and some green chilies), another can of tomatoes, a large 12 oz size V-8, some sliced ham, fresh or canned corn if wish, and cut up 1/2 fresh cabbage. add a couple of cans of water if needed. Cook 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours.

Ideal served with corn bread. :wink:
Lia

Post by Lia »

Fruit pudding cake

Simply make pudding (amount of 3-4 servings) of chocolate or vanilla as you like. (I prefer vanilla for this cake)

Gently simmer the pudding on a cake ground. Cut fruits in half on the pudding. Let cool down.

Then put in the fridge before serving.

Tastes delicious. Provided you do not let the pudding burn like me . :oops:

Which i also like.

Shake cake.

Does not need an oven, and goes fast when a surprise visit comes.

I am not sure if there are the ingredients under these names everywhere, but I think most should definitely be found. Provided my english was not so bad that you do not understand what is meant.

You just need 1 cake ground, 2 cans of fruit (I think canned tangerines are great)
, Cream stabilizer 3 packs and 2 cups of whipped cream and 2 packs of paradise cream (to your taste)

Just put everything in a bowl. Cover and shake vigorously. Then put it on the cake ground and finish is the cake.

Smoothing would be good. And you can decorate it if you want.

Put it in the fridge for a hour ( or more ) before serving

I think the cake is very fresh and tasty. So also what for warm summer days
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

I'm not much of a cook, but I have been trying to make better use of my crock pot lately. So here is one for a 6 qt slow cooker that my friends keep asking me for the recipe.
Slow Cooker Balsamic Turkey

INGREDIENTS:

4 portabella mushroom caps, diced large
2 cups grape tomatoes
2 cups diced onions (diced small)
1/4 cup organic chicken broth
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard (optional)
1 two-pound boneless turkey breast
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
DIRECTIONS:

Place mushrooms, tomatoes, onions and chicken broth at the bottom of the slow cooker.

Mix balsamic vinegar and mustard until well combined. Pour over vegetables in the slow cooker.

Rub turkey with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes (if applicable).

Place turkey on top of vegetables. Cover and cook for 4 hours on High OR 6 to 7 hours on Low.

To serve, slice turkey breast and top with vegetables and balsamic sauce.
Caswir

Post by Caswir »

I made this the other night. (My ig page, follow if ya want)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfEUP7RHdHi/
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Another crock pot meal that I have tried more recently. I personally thought it needed more salt, but enjoyed it otherwise. One site recommended holding off on adding the tortellini until the last half hour of cooking so it doesn't absorb too much liquid and fall apart.
1 (19oz) bag of frozen cheese tortellini
3 oz bag of fresh spinach
2 (14.5 oz) cans of Italian style diced tomatoes, drained
1 block (8 oz) of cream cheese or neufchatel (less fat)
1 lb. of ground sausage or chicken/turkey sausage
4 cups of chicken broth

Throw everything into the crockpot and let it cook!