Martin (And the rest of you who just dont get sticky's.....)

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Interesting
Maniacal_Meerkat

Post by Maniacal_Meerkat »

Dear god! you attempt to prove yourself with a mouse floating in space?? I wouldnt be able to log in to such a place after posting a slightly deformed box, not that i actualy model, no im an illustrator. but still... dignity man! its all dignity!!

again i stress... people say you dont post any of your work and when you do... its a bleedn' MOUSE in an alternate infinate dark reality!! GET A GRIP!

realism is obviously not a strong suit for this man.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

1. Why does it matter if it is just a black background?
2. Martin is God. Why? Because he can make graphics, AND deal with people like you.
The Returner wrote: 4) Whatever you do, follow the graphic-FAQ.
So, if someone breaks rule number 4, why can't Martin break rule number 2?
Aaron Groveburry

Post by Aaron Groveburry »

Because attack a person is more severe then not reading
Setherioth

Post by Setherioth »

This is just referring to the original post and not the subsequent topics that evolved from it:

Martin had locked this graphics board before and he unlocks it and you write something like this? It just doesn't make much sense. And so what if martin isn't the nicest guy around, but what he says bluntly is almost always complete true. It could be put nicer i guess, but is true nontheless and i don't see what's wrong with it. Sheesh, making a whole new topic to get mad at somebody because they're honest with people?
martin

Post by martin »

Maniacal_Meerkat wrote:again i stress... people say you dont post any of your work and when you do... its a bleedn' MOUSE in an alternate infinate dark reality!! GET A GRIP!

realism is obviously not a strong suit for this man.
Martin wrote:A first rendering.
I will improve it tomorrow.
This was
1) Just a first sketch
2) About realistic modelling, not about a whole realistic scene

Another question: What are you scared of?
Maniacal_Meerkat
Don't you think that I could check your IP or something? Why are you posting anonymous, little boy?

Martin
Rynt

Post by Rynt »

1) I wouldn't let anyone called 'Magical_Meerkat' tell me that what I do is bad.

2) You seem to have forgotten what the shift key does.

3) Why do you put two question or exclamation marks every time?
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

Just a question, Maniacal ... I mean Returner ... "Don't you think that I could check your IP or something?"
If you're a pro, who do you work for? (Presuming it's full time work for pro's like you?)
martin

Post by martin »

New version uploaded. Still not finished, quite some work to do.
I didn't spend much time for things except the mouse itself which means a lack of realism there.
For my taste it looks much more realistic than these cube-thingie.

http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e9525060/rendering/mouse.png

Martin
Caranthir the great

Post by Caranthir the great »

Victory!

[edit]
Already.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Go ahead martin

Check the IP

I'm a wolf, not a cat ;)
Maniacal_Meerkat

Post by Maniacal_Meerkat »

lol, when I was making that comment I couldn't care less about punctuation.

And yes go ahead, check the IPs, even check the countries that we're from if you want. I simply just don't like fakers and that's why I had to join up and post. Anyway why should you base a person on their name? That's worse than judging a book on its cover, plenty of people could come in here and say the same things about you lot.

The truth is this could all go round in circles and never get anywhere even after years. I just had to have my say and then I'd be out.

[edit]
if I am proved wrong I will gladly apologise and step aside
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Keep in mind Returner could have a little gizmo that changes the IP... Me and Crosie found one in our guilds a couple months ago, learned that that is how it got info, by sharing with it's owncharacters...
Aaron Groveburry

Post by Aaron Groveburry »

Martin the mouse is nice, but being blunt is one thing. Blunt is like it is stupid, try again. Insulting is like

EEUCK! It looks like s**t! Do music are something, never NEVER become a graphics artist.

and if you have time to edit pictures into one picture you have enough time to sugar coat a response.
martin

Post by martin »

Being nice would have the effect that people don't learn self-assessment. They might think that what they produced was good and nice, when in fact it was crap. They will, based on that wrong assumption, start producing more and more crap and ask me for hints, tips etc. and will start getting angry towards me for not putting their "cool" stuff in. They will ask me why I ignore their things in the client while I keep telling them that they do good work. At that point, I'd have to start being honest with them, which means that I first lied.

The thing is: You should learn to be critical towards your own work. I very often produce graphics (or other things) which I find lousy and terrible. I'm honest with myself and try to find out why this is so. I don't need much help from outside (sometimes I do, but not for obvious things). The things presented here often are bad for VERY OBVIOUS REASONS which I mentioned about 200 times already, which are treated in the FAQ and which are obvious to everyone who logged into Illarion one time (or saw screenshots).

Take, for example, the perspective: It is pointed out in the FAQ, I told about it about 20 or more times here on the board and everyone sees it in the game and on the screenshots. Why do people keep submitting graphics with a TERRIBLY wrong perspective over and over again? Why do I have to tell everyone of them what to do, when they could read the FAQ, read the board or look at the game instead? When I explain it to Mr X, Mr Y will come the next day and submit the next graphic with weired perspective, so I have to explain it again. Afterwards, Mr Z will come and submit a graphic with a terrible perspective and I will have to explain it again. And so on.

I am not a professional artist. Compared with professional, I am quite a bad graphical artist. I lack different skills (but I *KNOW* what I can and what I can't do and which skills I need to advance in!) etc.; however, I am able to compare my work to the work of others, and I am able to be critical to myself. I know or try to find out what I have done wrong instead of claiming that what I did was good etc.

I searched this board over and over again, and of 10 suggestions for new graphics, in average 1 is good. The rest is crap for OBVIOUS reasons. Stop bothering me with that shit.

Martin
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

Why do people keep submitting graphics with a TERRIBLY wrong perspective over and over again?
http://www.geocities.com/sethsthoughts/weapons.html

For example, my very first graphics made with 3d Cavnas! Woohoo! :p Quite pathetic really, why would i ever submit that?! same reason why everyone does.... :roll:

Anyway, why dont you all just get off of martin's case? noones making you come to this grahics forum, and noones even making you play the game with the graphics. so get over it!!!
martin

Post by martin »

Insert your graphics in a screenshot and call it "shitty" yourself.

No texture, wrong perspective, wrong size, wrong placement, too simple modell, wrong light.

The only thing that fits is the fact that these are graphic files. Everything else simply is W R O N G.

Martin
Nilo

Post by Nilo »

i wasnt submitting that for you to criticize!! you already have in the past. I know that they are terrible! :cry: but they were my first. anyways, i was giving an example of a completely uselsess "graphic"
martin

Post by martin »

And I was giving an example of what was wrong to show others what is wrong.

Martin
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Wheres that final image marty? ;)
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

Grant do you have that list of Returner's skills now.

Fat guy yet 'has 15 blackbelts at diffrent martial arts, plus historian', and didn't archeologist pop up at one point? and now expert graphic maker, well I say this to my friend who says he is better than some world famous guitarists, "If your so great, where is your world famous multi million pound rock band?"

So returner if your so skilled with your box moddeling, why don't you own a major graphic art company?
martin

Post by martin »

No need to finish it.
I think I showed you how advanced amateurs do it.

Martin
Drathe
Official Illarion Banner Contest Winner

Post by Drathe »

This was a very intriguing thread to read through. Graphics wise I don’t care 3D is not my cup of me. But the people posting now that IS interesting. Returner’s writing has turned 180 degrees, what started out as an almost tactful semi informative and calm style has now tuned into a spoilt childishly argumentative one. Serving no purpose it seem other than to antagonise and go against all he was accusing Martin for.

Where as Martin… well. He has unusually keep his blunt to the point of being rude posting to a minimum and has taken the time to write in a relaxed even informative way. Even taking time to accept the challenge. Quite a turn around for both and very interesting. I rather enjoy seeing the personas come through.
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Don't forget all the people Returner beat up in street fights, I mean, man! He got jumped from behind, got hit with a bat by two guys and still managed to take the bat away and beat them both to a pulp. I mean wow!
Arkadia Misella

Post by Arkadia Misella »

but...but..but...hes canandian......
:shock:
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Moathia wrote:Grant do you have that list of Returner's skills now.

Fat guy yet 'has 15 blackbelts at diffrent martial arts, plus historian', and didn't archeologist pop up at one point? and now expert graphic maker, well I say this to my friend who says he is better than some world famous guitarists, "If your so great, where is your world famous multi million pound rock band?"

So returner if your so skilled with your box moddeling, why don't you own a major graphic art company?

Moathia

Shut up.

marty wrote: No need to finish it.
I think I showed you how advanced amateurs do it.

I've seen better wood texture from 1980's scanline renderings.
Rant wrote: Don't forget all the people Returner beat up in street fights, I mean, man! He got jumped from behind, got hit with a bat by two guys and still managed to take the bat away and beat them both to a pulp. I mean wow!
Do i detect a hint of sarcasm, hairless pits?
This was a very intriguing thread to read through. Graphics wise I don’t care 3D is not my cup of me. But the people posting now that IS interesting. Returner’s writing has turned 180 degrees, what started out as an almost tactful semi informative and calm style has now tuned into a spoilt childishly argumentative one. Serving no purpose it seem other than to antagonise and go against all he was accusing Martin for.
Why...i'm hurt mate....very hurt :cry:

Ark wrote: but...but..but...hes canandian......

Damn straight hun, and dont ever forget it.
martin

Post by martin »

The Returner wrote:I've seen better wood texture from 1980's scanline renderings.
The texture wasn't quite good.
That's right. But at least I created it myself and didn't download it somewhere.

Martin
Arkadia Misella

Post by Arkadia Misella »

Fires up the South Park Movie
Sheila(Kyle's mom):Times have changed,
our kids are getting worse
They won't obey their parents they just wan't to fart and curse

Mrs. Marsh: Should we blame the government?
Ms. Cartman: Or blame society?

Boys fathers: Or should
we blame the images on TV?

Sheila(Kyle's mom):
No,blame Canada, blame Canada
With all thier beedy little eyes have packed thier heads so full of lies, blame Canada, blame Canada,
we need to form a full assault its canadas fault

Mrs. Marsh:Don't blame me for my son Stan he saw the darn cartoon and now hes of to join the klan

Ms. Cartman: And my boy Eric once had my picture on his shelf but now when I see him he tells me to smile myself

Shelia: Well? Blame Canada, blame Canada, it seems that everythings gone wrong since Canada came along, blame
Canada, blame Canada
Copy shop attendent:They're not even a real country
anyway

Mrs. McCormick:
My son could have been a doctor or a lawyer rich and true instead he burned up like a piggy on a barbeque
Crowd: Should we blame the matches? Should we blame the fire?
Or the doctors who allowed
him to expire

Sheila: Heck no, blame Canada, blame Canada, with all their hockey hollabaloo

Ms. Cartman: And that bitch Ann Murray too Everyone: Blame Canada, shame on Canada, for the smut we must stuff the
trash we must stash the laughter and smile must all be undone we must blame them the cause of fuss before
somebody thinks of blaming us
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Really, and i just downloaded textures huh? And you have proof of this?

Perhaps I modified some textures from my hardrive that were downloaded, however, the keyword is modified, martin.

Not only that, it was to prove i could texture cubes and light a scene. Which i proved quite well.

All you proved is that you can make a halfway decent mouse and a mousepad in a day, but cant seem to get game graphics out on time.
Gru'kuk Gorock

Post by Gru'kuk Gorock »

Haha returner your funny.