Farewell

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Cain Freemont

Farewell

Post by Cain Freemont »

Goodbye, those of you who knew me. Such a thing seems rare now, what with all the new RPers and all the old, good RPers leaving. For those of you who were my friends, I bid you all farewell. I cannot stay tied to this game any longer, as the changes that have been made for the past few months have been the wrong ones it seems.

The only way I'd come back is if things would go back to the way they were somewhat. I did enjoy those times we used to have... the times when people would sit around the campfire and chat instead of having to worry about skill gain since its so hard to gain now.... the times where people roleplayed and powergaming was not nearly as frequent (making skill gain harder only increased the time people spend on training, big mistake that was).....and the times when people actually talked to each other and tried to have fun.

Goodbye to those of you who were my friends. Goodbye to those of you who roleplayed with me for so long and I wish you luck in your endeavors. To those of you who ignored my ideas, who ignored my thoughts and who ignored my words, I will not miss you, for you are the reason I am leaving. I will name no one who has caused my dissatisfaction. You people know who you are and most of the players know who they are. All I'll say to the new people is to watch out for the "higher-ups." They like to shove people around.

For those of you who wish to chat with me still, my AIM is EJKnt and my MSN Messenger is cain_freemont@yahoo.com

Goodbye.
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

You'll be missed. Perhaps you'll return in the future?
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

Only if I find out that big changes are made, changes such as different GMs, changes in gameplay, rule enforcement, etc.
Arkadia Misella

Post by Arkadia Misella »

Well POOP! I love ya Cain and hate to see you go. I wish you would eventually come back. Makes me wish I saw you around town more often so I could rp with you more before you left....but alas, I am finding it hard to find time and desire to paly this game as much as I used to. Smooches to you and keep in touch.
~~Arky Ark and the Monkey Bunch~~
paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

You will be missed... :cry: You know, I haven't seen anyone play a game of "Monarch" :wink: of the roof in ages. :cry:
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

Love ya too Ark, and I'll miss ya, though we didn't really see each other much in town or anything. I'll keep visiting your site, and hey, maybe one of these days I'll actually log into your forum again :-P Smooches to you too Ark, I'll try ta keep in touch.

Message me sometime ;)
Arkadia Misella

Post by Arkadia Misella »

lol @ Paul.....same here...All I see is people working or sitting around just chatting...not much happens anymore...but still better than the drought :shock:
paul laffing

Post by paul laffing »

Arkadia Misella wrote: ~~Arky Ark and the Monkey Bunch~~
Is that your new band? Whats your song going to be called? "Wood Vibrations"? :wink:
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Bye Cain, I miss those times too. Like after an orc attack we would set up a camp fire and have our character tell tales about past fights or history in Illarion.. Those were fun times, and now you see a 55*** that can kill demons or its a master carpenter... Yes, it seems to have gone down the drain in some aspects, but the new crowd isn't that bad. And there are still other old player,s they just don't play everyday.
Besides, big changes in game are coming ;)
Pronon Palmsuger

Post by Pronon Palmsuger »

Big changes? probably very inconvient. like removeing that depot, or makeing the drought remove every trace of resources, or removeing books from elizas shop, or changeing how to do everything then keeping it all secret. I think I agree with cain I will probably be leaveing, ill show up now and again to meet with the evergreens and if really fun Rper's are on. But other than that, Cain is right its just to much of a hastle, I can not ever find 1 buyer for my potions or any other goods the only way to make money is farming and that too was once fun. Farm at the tavern, have a camp fire, even getting robbed occasionaly that was fun. But now you have to go way out of your way to get herbs, farm....the list goes on forever.
veralion

Post by veralion »

Fare thee well, old friend. Our times will be missed. I do hope you come back some time. Perhaps we can kill eachother like old times :) Ahhh, good rp...but I do want my war axe back!!! :lol:
Keep in touch buddy.

Veralion
Drogla

Post by Drogla »

bye bye....
Crosis

Post by Crosis »

Goodbye Cain.
I have to say, I have sort of had the same feelings as you for a while now. The thought of leaving has crossed my mind many of times...
Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

I will give Malinne your best regards, Cain. We'll miss you. Although I never saw you almost, I knew you were cool. I miss the times of the game as it was when I joined as well, but to be ready for what comes is always a positive quality. Who knows what the next breeze of change may bring?
Gurik Elvenstar

Post by Gurik Elvenstar »

take care cain, we had some fun times. ill message you sometime
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

Maybe we can finally get underway on those shacks? :wink: :P Fun times, seeya.
Burin

Post by Burin »

Good day Cain and thank you for your time!

-Player of Randelf
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

You'll be missed on Illarion for sure. The talks around the camp fires seem like they took place ages ago, but I'm sure this battle between skills and roleplaying will be solved one day.

Well, see you on the other side.
ezo
Location: Jolly old England. Toodle-pip Heavens above! How smashing!!

Post by ezo »

Farewell Cain....I thought of leaving a few times but Illarion seems to be too addictive to give up for good, everytime i ended up logging in twice as many times afterwards to make up for the time i lost!
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

Konstantin K wrote:I will give Malinne your best regards, Cain.
Thanks, I really appreciate that. I don't have any means of contacting her, as she does not seem to be around here and she's never on Yahoo! Messenger.

ezo wrote:I thought of leaving a few times but Illarion seems to be too addictive to give up for good, everytime i ended up logging in twice as many times afterwards to make up for the time i lost!
I guess I finally succeeded then. The only reason I'm here right now is to respond to the people who are posting here. Once this thread dies down, I'm gone.

To everyone else:
Thanks for showing that you are my friends and thanks for the good times we've had.
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

Aww Cain, I'll never forget that you were the first kinda friend I had IG. And I'll never forget the trouble me and you had when I was Flynn ... ah, those were my golden days. I hope you come back some time.

Bye Cain :wink: Have fun!
paul laffing

Post by paul laffing »

Hermie wrote:Aww Cain, I'll never forget that you were the first kinda friend I had IG.
Same here. I remember the good ol' days when Cain and Niniane were a couple. After that ended, everything went downhill.
Bumbol Woodstock

Post by Bumbol Woodstock »

I remember when Cain and Ninniane we lovers ingame.. then they broke up... Ninniane went crazy... Cain stopped showing up... *sighs* such a long time ago... I was doing the 'patrol officers' or something like that at the time :lol: ... memories... damn cain, hate to see you go
paul laffing

Post by paul laffing »

Bumbol Woodstock wrote:I remember when Cain and Ninniane we lovers ingame.
Thats what I meant.

Haha, remember, I was a patrol officer too! Heh... good times... :cry:
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

*sigh* I miss Niniane... our chemistry was really strong both in and out of character. When she left, it took out a big part of why I played. God I miss those days...

I may return one day, but.. not now. I can't and I won't. Things are too bizarre right now.
Caranthir the great

Post by Caranthir the great »

Goodbye Cain. Good times we had, and then not so good times. ;)

I do agree, that while Niniane was around, playing a grumpy Dwarf was more fun than ever. However, I would be interested in arguing that the game is constantly improving but not being spiteful enough -at the moment- to turn Cain's Farewell into argument, I'll make another Topic at some point.
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

*shrugs* Do what you want to my thread, when people stop posting in it I'm starting my leave. I'm not going to argue back though, because my opinions are based on first-hand experiences. I stand to them regardless of the words of others.
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

No Cain! You can't, I have a wedding I was going to invite you too :( I hate to see you go but I've not been playing much but thats mostly due to huge loads of school work.
Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

You'll be back, Cain. You will be.
Future is always ahead of us.
Burin

Post by Burin »

Caranthir the great wrote:I do agree, that while Niniane was around, playing a grumpy Dwarf was more fun than ever.
I agree on that. :)