Entries

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Leonel Silberschweif

Entries

Post by Leonel Silberschweif »

I think it might be a good idea, if you could mark a message as an important one for GM's, so the can see stuff which is adressed to an GM faster.
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

And you are really sure that there would be some unmarked? :wink:
Leonel Silberschweif

Well, I think non in the proposal board, but most of the RPG and Player board posts will be and some nearly spam posts will not need to be read anymore.
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

But what will happen if all the spammers marks their posts 'cause everyone thinks
Mine is just sooo important

I'm quite sure everybody who posts thinks that, even the spammers won't say
I'm writing such a nonsense, I won't mark it.
Leonel Silberschweif

Well I don't think everybody should see the marks, only GM's or Admins. So you only mark it if you especially want a GM to see it and if you, as a GM see spam marked you just ban the account after maybe one warning, so people will stop marking everthing very fast.
paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

Leonel Silberschweif wrote:Well I don't think everybody should see the marks, only GM's or Admins. So you only mark it if you especially want a GM to see it and if you, as a GM see spam marked you just ban the account after maybe one warning, so people will stop marking everthing very fast.
But who is to judge what is important and what is not? Also, the technology used for the forum, PHP, has its limits.
Leonel Silberschweif

Dont tell me php can't do it, it would be not much difference from the stuff you need to see which messages are new. And well I don't mean normal importancy I mean important to GM's because, a RPG post is normaly not. Paul I'm not sure if you really read the text you quoted, because it is obvious, after a player though it might be important, the GM's can still tell it's not and demarke it for all other GM's, so even if a post is wrongly marked only one GM has to look at it.
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

I dont want to read a Important Post to GM with the title "How long does it take till my Account is activated?".

You can never expect those spammer to understand that thier post is not important.

Useless proposal, will only make more work for us.
paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

Leonel Silberschweif wrote:Dont tell me php can't do it, it would be not much difference from the stuff you need to see which messages are new.
I'm saying that PHP might not be able to make it only shown for the GMs, this special mark. Remember, this forum is premade. Alatar did not custom make it, so may not know how to do this, but I can't be certain without asking him.