Gestohlene Sämlinge / Stolen seed

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Sun Long

Gestohlene Sämlinge / Stolen seed

Post by Sun Long »

Ich bin ziemlich entsetzt, dass die Mühe vieler Spieler durch den Egoismus anderer zerstört wird!!

Viele viele habe ich inzwischen gesehen, die tagaus tagein in Falkners Hain für das Ende der Dürre beten.
Und wieder einmal gibt es einige Item-Jäger, die nichts Besseres zu tun haben, als die Sämlinge zu stehlen.
Merkt ihr gar nicht, dass ihr das RP der anderen zerstört?
Bremst eure Gier nach seltenen Dingen und bringt die Saat zurück!!
Ich finde es mehr als unfair was ihr da macht!!

Die ziemlich wütende Spielerin hinter Sun Long

I am quite frightened that the effort of many players is destroyed by the egoism of some others!!
In the meantime I saw a lot of people praying all day and night at Falkners Hain for the end of the drought.
And again there are some Itemhunters, who can't do better then to steal the seedlings!
Don't you notice at all that you destroy the RP of the others?
Stop your greed of rare things and bring back the seed!!
I think it's more than unfair what you are doing!!

The rather furious player behind Sun Long
Moyáve

Post by Moyáve »

Ich muss sagen, ich finde es auch eklig, wenn Leute unachtsam mit Dingen umgehen, die anderen viel bedeuten. Und ich kann verstehen, dass du dich aufregst.
Aber es ist natürlich outgame nicht zu unterbinden, es ist sogar okay, solange es die Chars aus einem für sie nachvollziehbaren Grund tun.
Nur ist es nicht richtig, wenn man sie nimmt, weil sie selten sind und dabei der Char ein Elf ist, welchem daran gelegen sein sollte, dass sich die Natur regeneriert.
Sun, du solltest das vielleicht nochmal im Rpg Forum posten
Drathe
Official Illarion Banner Contest Winner

Post by Drathe »

I do not know how many seeds were stolen, but I am sure some of the people who have them still. Have then for a reason and not just to sell off for gold or what ever..tho in saying that...I am sure there ARE one or two who have kept them for that in mind.
paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

I think this whole post is stupid, as it is an IC matter, and your OOC crying can not stop others' RPing.
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

Paul stole them.
Ferdinand Kohlberg

Post by Ferdinand Kohlberg »

I think the whole stealers are stupid. Like Konstantin, he stole Seeds...
Where is the rp? Someone comes and steal an root? What the hell should your character do with a root? It's a normal common root, so i think it's no RP of a Character, it's just item-hunting.
Put all Item-stealers of the roots in jail...
Sun Long

Post by Sun Long »

paul laffing wrote:I think this whole post is stupid, as it is an IC matter, and your OOC crying can not stop others' RPing.
You call that RP??

Sorry, I'm not your opinion!
What can they do with the seed? Sell? No! Everybody would know that they are the thieves.
The only reason they have stolen the seed is egoism in my eyes. Just Itemhunting!
I can't see any ingame reason. Come on, tell me one!
paul laffing

Post by paul laffing »

There's plenty of ingame reasons... trying to think...

Well, there is the power it gives you... There is... well, what if you are a kleptomaniac? Also... Well, there aren't many reasons, but don't say that its bad RP. Some people just steal for the sake of stealing.
Mishrack

Post by Mishrack »

paul get over your prepubescent cry for attention...
paul laffing

Post by paul laffing »

What the hell are you talking about, Mishrack? Do you always feel the need to spam and to somehow try and insult others?

If someone does something ingame, you can not call it bad RP OOC unless it is breaking a rule or something like that. Stealing is not breaking any server rules. If someone stole your banana, would you call it bad RP? If someone randomly cast a flame in town, is that bad RP? Its not because that person did it. If someone shot you in real life, would you run up to them and say "oh, you can do that, its bad roleplaying"?
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Paul

has anyone ever told you, you talk to much about things you have no idea about, so shut the hell up?

Half the people who stole seeds were praying, thats TERRIBLE RP :roll:

If they truely were playing there char, they would have not done an act like this.

Do you know how long it takes to plan these quests? do you? a long time, and by the efforts of some people to get rare items, alot of that is ruined! :(

Its a game, and a game has morality issues,and oppinions, and I Agree with sun in this, those people had no right to item hunt to ruin this quest.

Now go back to bed young man
Mishrack

Post by Mishrack »

You misunderstand me as always, little paul. What i mean is that the reasons for doing such a thing are infantile in the extreme.

As long as you can give me a vild rp reason, it's fine by me.

Now obey your daddy n go back to bed.
Arkadia Misella

Post by Arkadia Misella »

Well, I didnt steal any seeds ((I have like 40 people that can prove I was a ghost at the time)) but, If I saw a ton of people making such a big deal about some seeds, I sure as hell would be tempting to take one. Maybe they could be used for healing a loved one? or have magical abilities? Maybe they are lucky? Now, I bet 50 bucks whoever took the seeds was item huting, because thats just the way the games seems to be heading little by little, but there are decent RP reasons to ahve stolen them.
~~Ark~~
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

That is funny. And perhaps the person who steals the seeds is bitter to the people who live in the island, and would rather want them to die. So it is perfectly a roleplay matter. And it is an ingame matter. Perhaps the movement should guard the seedling. Ack, more ingame matters!
Sun Long

Post by Sun Long »

Okay, perhaps there are really ingame reasons for stealing the seed. But I ask all of you, is it fair to destroy the play of a lot of people only for doing his own play?
Isn't it possible to put yourself into the second row just to let the others play their game? A game not only for one or two, it's a game for most of the citizens. And I counted not only one char praying.

I think this should be fair play by all of us and there is no sense in destroying the play of others.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Wouldnt that argument also work against Lyrenzia?
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

Yes, I could make the same arguement against Lyrenzia, I want to play a theif, but they ruin my roleplay because of going to jail.
Anyways, people who stole the seeds should really return them, because I have heard that Gms are jailing players that stole the seeds. So, return them so you don't go to jail.
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

those who hold a grudge against elaralith might also do it, but yes I see what you mean Sun, it really isn't fair, but we can always hunt those who took them down. :wink: Also, life isn't always fair :cry: A few ruin it for everyone at every turn in life.
Drathe
Official Illarion Banner Contest Winner

Post by Drathe »

The fast that some people have not planted their seeds is for most of them a total RP reason. Some people may hate Elaraith, some people maywish to plant it else where, some people might hate the town and wish it turned to sand, some people might have stole it to sell secretly the lsit goes on.

The prayer was a good in game event, I thought it was realy very good. But as with everything in game, the unexpected has to be planned for and taken into acount. Each Character has its own reasons its own morals for doing things. Maybe one or two took a seed for keep sake... even then what is wrong with that, people steel holy relics all the time in real life, there is a whole black market for such.
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Grant Herion wrote:I have heard that Gms are jailing players that stole the seeds.
I didnt hear that.

But Grant, you seem to be better informed than me.
Caranthir the great

Post by Caranthir the great »

Grant, But if I want to play a merchant and you would steal from me, wouldn't that be forced RP too?

I agree with drathe at least in some extent.
Even though I think that people should really have some IC reason for taking the seedlings, not just 'OMG LOL THIS IS KEWL SEED LOL'

Think of it this way: We are trapped on a island which is, one could say, Dying. There are obviously gods involved, so if you take those seedlings you not only risk to ruin the attempt but also might even anger the gods. In my opinion the character should have quite good reasons to risk not only to be lynched by the believers, but also a eternal torture.

People still refuse to take pissing others off seriously enough.
Elaralith

Post by Elaralith »

I am very saddened to hear this...stolen seeds...
A lot of people put in a lot of effort and roleplaying and it is unfair for this to be destroyed by just some item greedy players...I won't name anyone, you know who you are.

In my opinion, the stealing of the seeds was very very bad roleplaying.
The seeds were put into holes and watered so how can it be that they can be "stolen"?

A likely answer is bad Rp from players who just see "new exotic items" lying around and go "THIS IS COOL NEW ITEMS AND NOW I CAN TAKE THEM TO MAKE MYSELF SPECIAL!!!" and decide to use their chars to take them without considering any roleplay whatsover.

I think technical action should be taken against these players. A technical action that would return all the "stolen seeds" to their rightful places and make them unremovable for these bad roleplayers...and if as Drathe brought up the stealing of the seeds was an Rp action then there should be a fitting in game punishment for these chars ...maybe as Caranthir suggested eternal punishment from the gods as it was sacred holy seeds they stole and fouled.

I hope that the great roleplay from all the people at the neverending player will not be destroyed by these bad OOC actions of some players...
Last edited by Elaralith on Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Athian

Post by Athian »

Well, there is some downfall. I recovered a few of our missing seedlings from peoples who will remain names. and As i was bring them back i relized i was unable to cast spells. i got a message saying your have been cursed for commiting an act of sacrilgd(over however you spell that) once i returned them back to the shrine, I was back to normal, it was interesting to say the least.
Elaralith

Post by Elaralith »

Oh that is a good solution...a curse on all the chars that stole seeds.

Good job to whoever thought of that!
paul laffing

Post by paul laffing »

You act as if Illarion is scripted. Its not. Stuff happens. That can be bad stuff, that can be good stuff. Stuff happens. Heck, if I were there, I would hold some seeds hostage, too. Or maybe I wouldn't. Who knows. But stuff happens.
Arkadia Misella

And people wonder why I gave up on my character Arkadia, because of tired of all the bitching of these good characters when something bad happens. Oh wah wah wah, our seeds are stolen....so go get them back instead of complaining out of character trying to get the gm's to do something. sheesh.
Albernon

Post by Albernon »

I don't see how people can complain about stolen seedlings if you also complained about not being able to ruin the construction of the castle. It's much easier to grab a seedling out of the soil than to destroy castle walls.
Just because you wanted things to go a certain way it doesnt mean people "ruined" your roleplay when they choose their own actions. Roleplaying is about interaction so you dont control the whole playing field and what other characters do.

I dont agree with Caranthir that we are "trapped" on this island as people certainly come and go, but is just that a lot of people call this home. There are plenty of reasons why people would want to prolong the drought to their advantage.
Arkadia Misella

maybe as Caranthir suggested eternal punishment from the gods as it was sacred holy seeds they stole and fouled.
Eternal punishment? Okay, now that is rather nasty for such a little thing, for crying out loud. Maybe the gods should have eternally punished Elaralith and booted her butt from the island when she went into silverbrand and killed a bunch of people, or force rp'ed destroyed castle walls....seems those two offenses were far worse than stealing seeds.
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

Sorry, but Elaralith is the only person accually capable of taking down a wall, nobody has the seige equipment or magic ability like her. Forced logical rp is fine with me. However some noob going to the rpg bored saying they have destroyed everything is ....ingorable.
Arkadia Misella

So Elaralith is allowed to take down walls...but someone else can't pull a seed from the ground? Sounds like BS to me since in real life I can pull small trees out of the ground if I try hard enough.