What is runescape?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Waitin man

What is runescape?

Post by Waitin man »

I have been nosing throught the forums looking around and i keep seeing these things about runescape ccan anyone tell me about it!? Thx :)
Sun Long

Post by Sun Long »

del
Last edited by Sun Long on Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vulric

Post by Vulric »

http://runescape.com

WARNING: No roleplaying is involved.

Only the NPC's roleplay. After playing for 3 minutes, I quit.

-Just remember to read the information above if you decide to play.
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

This does not belong on the forums. You should probobly type "runescape" into a search engine.
Setherioth

Post by Setherioth »

Runescape summed up:

No roleplaying.
Seemingly consists entirely of 11 year olds who think it's cool to write in ebonics and to swear at everybody they meet.
Steep learning curve.
Bad graphics.
Boring as hell.

That pretty good?
Vindigan

Post by Vindigan »

Runescape is a different game where the people that play it are no different from most of the people that play this game. Everyone Flames it because they dont like it. Why not be better than the "kids" who play runescape and not say just bad things about it? :?
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

Well, it's true. I sadly admit, I played it for a whole year before I found Illarion (it was surely lacking in roleplaying, but it was the only free graphical MUD I could find at the time).

Muten Roshi claims it scarred him for life. The truth is, it's too colorful, you have to click to do everything, and they have a ridiculous amount of magic metals for smithing. (Honestly, bronze, iron, steel, mythril, adamantite, and rune. I believe there should only be ONE type of magic armor, and the rest is steel. Why should one be better than the other? Most importantly, if the best metal of the time is steel, who on earth would be selling bronze or iron stuffs?)

And be prepared to be called 'nOOb' all the time, no matter how good you get, somebody is going to call you a 'stupid nOOb' despite the fact they don't know how long you've been playing.

It's not an RPG, it's a MUD. That explains why there is no roleplaying...
Nartak Ironmaster

Post by Nartak Ironmaster »

Bloodhearte wrote:It's not an RPG, it's a MUD. That explains why there is no roleplaying...
I know many MUDs that have good roleplay... well, but they are text-based muds and not graphic ones :)
QuinchurieEftistonia

Post by QuinchurieEftistonia »

I played runescape for about 3 years until i hit lvl 82 full rune and like 500000 gps i just stopped, got bored of lightin fires everywhere and killin those damn lesser demons ever second of the day...it got so boring and its always laggy all the time, then one day i went to google and search Free Multiplayer Online Games And This site popped up and it showed alot of games for free so i clicked this and bam here i am now well...its about 1:30 int he morning...im going to bed
Akito Tobayashi
Location: Meditating.. Finding the Pure Evil Within. Collecting and Manafesting the Dark Essence From All...

Post by Akito Tobayashi »

I played it.... bought 2 years.. its fun for the first month but 60% of the people are morons.

---Kalibur--- look me up in HighScores if u want. tho i quit.
Maktan Hardtooth.

Post by Maktan Hardtooth. »

Never heared of runescape, but as long as there is illa, who cares? Illa is never boring, things changes, like this stinking big desert.
Akito Tobayashi
Location: Meditating.. Finding the Pure Evil Within. Collecting and Manafesting the Dark Essence From All...

Post by Akito Tobayashi »

Very true...
Zare

Post by Zare »

ha.. I have a level 51 account on runescape. I gave it to my friend. darn... I could've made money off that! I've actually seen losers trying to buy "characters". don't see how its a character when somebody's name is n00bh8terPure, or something like that
Zahra Fiarai

Post by Zahra Fiarai »

Im a tibian Im ashamed to admit :? Played that for 6 years. Took me that long to realise how boring and pointless it was. Even tried starting a roleplaying guild in it to persuade others on the server to start, but that didnt work. It was only us. Not a big surprise.......
neojb1989

Post by neojb1989 »

I've played runescap probobly the most sorry excuse for a RPG ive seen im my damn life. The people look like darn clay puppets. The wepons are stuipid. It's just one of those games you play for a day and then kick it in the rear.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

I too am a tibia-vet, a lot of people are actually. I was on trimera. The slummiest server on the slummiest game....(is that even a word?)
Kzarak Zhoruch

Post by Kzarak Zhoruch »

Discussing runescape is an insult to the creators of this game.
Stop it! It's a good place to send people who don't roleplay in this game though.
Pok'ash

Post by Pok'ash »

ok Iam sorry I played it for 1 min than I took the software and put it in a e-mail and sent it to the creaters saying. Thanks now iam going to check myself in to a mental hospital.

haha needed a laugh there,

Poke
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

Heh, Runescape! My mate has a super char whatever on that. He was at this computer store which has a network of computers to the net and he was selling rune armour or whatever to some people there for like £5 (pounds) a piece!

One dollar is about 0.6 of a pound. And one Euro is something like 0.75 of a pound. So you can see how sad some of these people were :D
paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

FooserJohn wrote:I too am a tibia-vet, a lot of people are actually. I was on trimera. The slummiest server on the slummiest game....(is that even a word?)
Oh come on, Fooser. John said that you absolutely LOVED that game.
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

I sold my rune long and rune legs for 5 bucks when I quit to some weird kid.

Haha, pok'ash, kinda like when you send coupons to big companys who pre-pay for postage. Hey you just want to share your "money saving opportunities" right? :lol:
Nom'edhel

Post by Nom'edhel »

This is pretty funny. it's like a runescape(a very slight few tibia) annonimous. i spelled that wrong didn't i, oh well.
Well i'm Nom'edhel (hiii Nom'edhel(in unison)
anyway i must admit i too was a runescape user for a sad 2 years. made some pretty good money for my rune stuff, about $20 for my full rune as Gro'bul can verify. i have been watching my friend play this for about 6 months now and i finally reallized how dumb i was for not playing this as soon as i found out about it. this is by far the best free rpg there is i think. no one calls you a noob all the time and its friendly people and the fact its not about leveling up. to sum it all up to those who don't know about runescape i strongly advise you not to play it!
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

3long months, made a guild, killed lots of people, found illarion, left, became roleplayer.....

Runescapes title is actually a typo, you see, it supposed to be....

Rune's Crap *Now with roller coaster tycoon people GFX and fluffy green ball arrows!*
Ganidor

Post by Ganidor »

Runescape....I would explain it as an exp gaining game. Totaly useless piece of shit game!

G
Kinamon

aagghh

Post by Kinamon »

I can't stand that game. Far too much clicking involved. Wanna get a high mining level? A couple (ten) thousand clicks on a rock and youre well on your way! Then you have a swarm of people in the center of each town yelling about how much they'll pay for such and such legs or this and that armor...
Paul

Post by Paul »

rune scape is the uglyest game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
paul laffing

Post by paul laffing »

What the hell kind of name is Paul?!?! Oh, wait...
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

ahahahahaahhaha *deep breath* AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH *cough*

but seriously folks..runescape is evil....

ahahaha paul....
Paul

Post by Paul »

to tell ya the truth, i had an account there....for 2 day....lol :evil:

what kind of name is "paul laffing" r u russian?
paul laffing

Post by paul laffing »

Paul Laffing is a distinguished English name. And no, I am not Russian (well, only partly). And what does Paul Laffing have to do with being Russian? And do you have something against russian people?