The Troll's Bane Chronicle

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

i said comitted, he had it opened for not really that long. For them to mention him for that he would have to have it open for a much longer time.
paul laffing
Location: the place where only completely serious people are allowed

Post by paul laffing »

It was open for 9 months, provided for dozens of customers, and made lots of money.
Grant Herion

Post by Grant Herion »

9 months?

It is only 7 months... And you died many times which closed it anyway. So it was open for 7 months on and off.
Hermie

Post by Hermie »

I am happy the Halfling Community was mentioned ... that seems a long time ago! If you want to know who set it up and what became of it I wouldn't mind PM'ing anyone. Though I doubt it is of any considerable interest. :wink:
Aragon

Post by Aragon »

To make some points clear.
This chronicle was made in the months of January to April by several people. Therefore a small topic, refering of a starting business maybe rejected as unimportant at this time.

The people have had to read through all the topics in the rp and guild forum since the beginning of the boards in their free and spare time.
After this, other people translated all this into english in their free time.

They have to read through tons of crap and spam and nonsens and they were all german players. So it is understandable, that some aspects were missed, some aspects considered as not important and some topics rejected by their title (cause it only seemed to be nonsens) or by the author of a topic (cause he is knwon as to write most of the time the same nonsense) as unworthy without reading.

So stop now your complaints of not being mentioned in it and be glad, that you have such a thing as the chronicle now and be glad, that someone made the work to translate it into english.

By the way, history was always written by the winners :wink: .
Mishrack

Post by Mishrack »

Hehe, I'm still mentioned for having started the Merchants of Cthol, and they only existed a few hours until I was recruited in SIlverstar ;p
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

I'm mentioned several times 8)

I'm quite famous >.>

And Aragons right, History is recorded by the winners (like me) :twisted:
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

This is a very nice chronicle, however I must remind you to think about the fact that some of the events recorded was only a "narration" on the RPG board, and could not have been known by anyone other than the characters involved. So you might want to think about whether this chronicle is really supposed to be written by IC characters or not. If it is meant to be IC, you may want to consider leaving out certain bits of information in some of the entries....

If it's IC, there's also the problem of a few old names that are inappropriate... but I suppose it's not a big deal.

Also, I want to remind you that there seems to be a slight "bug" in one of your new "features". I'll talk to Aragon about that later, or anyone else working on it wants to know can PM me.
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

It's not necessarily how long you have done something, or whether you win or not, but it's how big of an impression you made on them that motivates them to put such events in the chronicle.
James

Post by James »

Im never mentioned anywhere ever by anyone.

*sobs*
paul laffing

Post by paul laffing »

I never knew you existed till just now. :P
Brendan Mason

Post by Brendan Mason »

Just because James doesn't announce his existance every 5 seconds, does not mean he has not contributed to our own personal role playing experiences, Paul.
Arkadia Misella

Post by Arkadia Misella »

Indeed.....we all cant average 20 posts a day like you Paul :P
Caranthir the great

Post by Caranthir the great »

I concur.
Paul, you have too much time on your hands. Get a job. :wink:
Aragon

Post by Aragon »

Why are you complaining Paul. Your shop is named in the chronicle.
Im Jahre 3 des neuen Zeitalters, am 27. Januar, gründet Paul Laffing ein Geschäft für Schneiderwaren.
Only the english translation for January is missing.
Next time, make better research before complaining.
paul laffing

Post by paul laffing »

Excuse me for not being able to speak German... But I thought that both would be of equal progress...
Rynt

Post by Rynt »

I wish my school let us have German lessons, but there's just not enough interest in it.
James

Post by James »

Aww brendan thankyou i knew our little adventures accounted for something.

The chronicles pretty impressive i hope it can only get better.

James player of Srathrate and others that did contribute :wink:
Mishrack

Post by Mishrack »

Yes, how could anyone forget James!

But Laffing... there's an unknown face... hmm...
James

Post by James »

Still undecided as to whether your being sarcastic or not mish.
But no matter I know ya love me really
Mishrack

Post by Mishrack »

Not to worry Srath, no sarcasm here. at least not yet.
James

Post by James »

Good Good least i still got some people who know of me.
its its so beautiful :cry: :wink:

Havent played in awhile hmm are the um as it stands at the moment two people who know me still active plus anyone who has bein graced by my presence are you active.

Hmm if i get lots of mentions maybe they`ll stick me in the chronicle at some point :wink: then again.........
Konstantin K
Location: Permanently Banned by Uber Powerful Mega-GMs, because he was BAD.

Post by Konstantin K »

I just wanted to make a comment on the chronicle.
It is so so so great that it is finally put out and available in the library. At last, library is something more than a storage of spells and recepies.
Thank you!
Aragon

Post by Aragon »

Now the missing two english months, January and February 2003 are ready and the english chronicle is as far as the german until april 2003.
Paul will be glad and all happy ....

Btw. we have just started to produce the next months until now in the german version ... maybe in some months, there will be the english translation.
paul laffing

Post by paul laffing »

Yay! Happiness! Must read! :D :wink:
Kzarak Zhoruch

Post by Kzarak Zhoruch »

In the year one of the new era on october, the 16th the old orc Kzarak Zhoruch said goodbye and left for dieing.
Is this what I've contributed to history?
Grown old and left for dieing? :evil:

On the other hand, at least I'm mentioned in there and living a long life is uncommon for an orc... :P
Aragon

Post by Aragon »

@ Kzarak:

Search the topic in the RP from this time ... as I remember you made a longer story about your dying ... it is more unusal, that you are now back with good wealth :wink:
Bloodhearte

Post by Bloodhearte »

In the 3rd year of the new century in the days of March citizen called at a regime, which would fight against the crime in Troll's Bane. Long discussions started.

In the 3rd year of the new century, on March 3rd Bado the hobbit was accused of his bad things and got a punishment.

In the 3rd year of the new century, on March 8th the human Farmar starts the guild "The keepers of the peace," which is supposed to fight againts the crimes.

In the 3rd year of the new century, on March 10th an anonymous founds a guild for thives. But they couldn't introdeuce their members and disappeart. It is not sure if they still work in the background.

In the 3rd year of the new century, on March 17th Bloodheart founds the "Cult of the Blackstone." A Guild for follower of Moshran who follow the dark path and propagate chaos, war and sorrow.

In the 3rd year of the new century, on March 18th masses of orks attack the city but the citizen succeed and the city is save again.

In the 3rd year of the new century, on March 18th Malinne gets a unknown sickness.

In the 3rd year of the new century, on March 19th Bloodhaert becomes the most wanted person.

In the 3rd year of the new century, on March 23rd an anonymous founds the "Cult of the Diamond" and is supposed to be a opposite of the "Cult of the Blackstone." The main idea came from the dwarf Randelf. He is not important.

In the 3rd year of the new century, on March 24th Randelf founds "The Goldsmithing guild" and looks for new members, but it is only for people with good goldsmithing skills.

In the 3rd year of the new century, on March 24th Bloodhearte loses a fight against a group of Lizards.

In the 3rd year of the new century, on March 24th Bloodheart publishes the book "The Definition of Evil." The book shows ways to awake Moshran in Illarion. Many people protest.

In the 3rd year of the new century, on March 27th Cain Freemont begins his search for medicine for Malinne.

In the 3rd year of the new century, on March 31st an anonymous publishes a mockery song about the dwarves of the clan of the ax.

---

I honestly swear, we're missing something...and a famous German player was involved I believe. Can anybody recall what I'm talking about?
paul laffing

Post by paul laffing »

Yes. When did I join Bargen Masters?
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Only that is written down at the chronicles what was found in the boards. If Darlok is missing, then because his name never appeared.