What do YOU want?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

TiaSarah

What do YOU want?

Post by TiaSarah »

Please feel free to move if this is in the wrong place. I debated between General and Proposals, and in the end flipped a coin. :lol:

It was recently mentioned in the Discord server that there should be more quests and events to spark interest in the game. While events do generate some activity, they can also be very hit or miss. Sometimes the lack of players is simply due to timing, which is understandable when you have players in different time zones, but sometimes there is a lack of interest in the actual event. Which brings me to my question...

What do YOU want to see on the quests and events calendar?

Not all events and quests need to be big GM oriented things like Mas.

Examples of events in the past:

Tavern gatherings
Dice games
Treasure hunts
Hunting trips
Races
Weddings
Festivals
Contests (Music/crafting/poetry/etc.)
Arena fights (Characters battling arena monsters like gladiators with an audience. Great chance to make coin placing bets!)

Anything that requires a group of people gathering in the same spot can be an event or a quest. We don't need a GM dropping a bone dragon on top of The Unicorn Lion to have fun. (Though it would be fun to watch Hassan scramble to beat it with a fan) Let's brainstorm together and figure out what is going to make us want to set aside a couple of hours for Illarion.

Can we ask for GM assistance? Absolutely, as long as we ask nicely and are willing to understand that they are human too. Yes, I know we only have one active GM... and that he must love abuse to have been doing this so long... and we're not really sure he's human...

My point is, Illarion is player powered. Let's use that power to make our game fun and interesting.

Does anyone want to try translating my ramblings into German? This would work best if we had input from all of our players. Thank you in advance!
Karrock

Re: What do YOU want?

Post by Karrock »

I would like to see a repetive event of Crafts Fair. At least once a real month.
And more masses or religious events.
nathi

Post by nathi »

Stop discord and chat and push the online luring people into the game.
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

i'd honestly like to see towen favour being pushed as a reward for quests again. I dunno how feasible it is. But i think it's a tangible enough award
Caswir

Post by Caswir »

Runes for Arcane Magick