Current Development

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

GolfLima

Re: Current Development

Post by GolfLima »

Sorry, only in german – may be one other will translate it.

in Teilen kopiert aus einem eigenen Post im Bereich : http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... 90#p707490

Hier nun meine Gedanken zu einem Händler, der „Drow Dinge“ kauft / verkauft. Die Idee das man bevor man mit dem Händler ein Geschäft machen kann eine Aufgabe erfüllen soll finde ich gut. Möglicherweise könnte man auch den „Preis“ über ein Würfelspiel festlegen?

Drow Dinge:

1) die Drow Rüstung ist nicht vollständig (Körper & Kopf) und hat nur Level 80, ist also nicht unbedingt etwas, was die meisten Kämpfer nutzen werden.
2) Meiner Meinung nach sollten Drow Dinge eine Besonderheit / Seltenheit bleiben und deshalb nur sehr begrenzt zur Verfügung stehen. (p.s. Ich weis das für die Aufgaben in dem Akaltut Dungeon Drow Dinge für die Erfüllung von Aufgaben benötigt werden) → möglicherweise könnte später mit Hilfe von Moshran Priestern und Handwerksmeistern unter ganz eng festgelegten Bedingungen Drow Dinge hergestellt werden?
3) Drow Dinge sollten nicht verkauft werden.
4) Das das Reparieren von Dingen für HW zurückkommt finde ich gut - bestimmte seltene Dinge (Drow, Dinge mit "blauen Namen"...u.ä.) sollten aber ausgeschlossen bleiben, sonst werden sie irgendwann von einer Seltenheit zur Alltäglichkeit
Banduk

Post by Banduk »

Sad to say I missed the plane for carpentry in the list of hand tools able to be gemmed.
I corrected the error but can't say if I missed any other hand tool.

So if you miss in the following list a hand tool please let me know:
  • 72:fishing rod
  • 74:hatchet
  • 121:peel
  • 2781:dyeing rod
  • 2697:rasp
  • 122:finesmithing hammer
  • 311:glass blow pipe
  • 2710:mould
  • 23:hammer
  • 2709:armourer's hammer
  • 227:cooking spoon
  • 737:chisel
  • 47:needle
  • 2495:pan
  • 9:saw
  • 24:shovel
  • 6:scissors
  • 271:scythe
  • 126:sickle
  • 2763:pick-axe
  • 2751:crucible-pincers
  • 2140:tongs
  • 2752:carving tools
  • 2715:plane
Banduk

Post by Banduk »

Today I improved the new player help a little bit.
You get a hint where the new player is and how long (in hours) he was online already.
Furthermore jumping to a new player is not possible if your char will jump in a town where you are banned from or if there are more than one old player around already.
Banduk

Post by Banduk »

During the last player-staff meeting was the proposal to have treasure chests in some dungeons that need multiple persons to open.
This is one of:
https://youtu.be/Y0y-BKmGEAE
Banduk

Post by Banduk »

I did some corrections for the ferry system.
This may happen, if a GM decides:
https://imgur.com/i5UUyMY
snus-mumrik
Developer

Post by snus-mumrik »

I've started working on the priest system. It's gonna be a long project, but it seems that I am making some progress.
The first milestone is divine favour and some rework on the devotion.
Implemented (in my personal copy of the scripts):
- A dialog with options when an altar is activated
- Jealousy between younger gods (see ars magica)
- Incorporating some ideas from work done by ltgmkay
Remaining things for the milestione:
- Cool-downs of prayers/sacrifice and favour "decay" (gradual return to neutral) over time
- Sacrifice/donations - will likely work by placing items at the altar, like donating to towns but with effect depending on personal preference
- Tuning some constants (e.g. how much favour a prayer gives)
- Finalizing notification/dialog strings (English and German)

Also, Dantagon is working on priest NPCs (with help from Banduk), lists of items for devotion and more.
snus-mumrik
Developer

Post by snus-mumrik »

The cooldowns seem to work now. Meanwhile it's only prayer cooldown and favour decay, but it should be easy to add more, including future priest magic.
Next up is sacrificing.
snus-mumrik
Developer

Post by snus-mumrik »

Sacrificing is almost done. You can put an item near an altar and get favour bonus for it. The more you have already sacrificed to same god, the less favour for value you get, as the god expects more from you. But this cumulative value gradually goes down, as the god forgets your old sacrifices and lowers the expectations.
What's left in sacrificing is to define the list of items that each god accepts, e.g. sacrificing weapons to Sirani won't do any good.

Updated status:
- Cool-downs of prayers/sacrifice and favour "decay" (gradual return to neutral) over time
- Sacrifice/donations - works by placing items at the altar, like donating to towns but with effect depending on personal preference of the god
- Finalizing notification/dialog strings (English and German)
snus-mumrik
Developer

Post by snus-mumrik »

Progress has been slow lately.
I've put some lists of items per god for sacrificing. Some improvements are still required there, e.g. I want something more interesting for Moshran then just bringing items.
Also the numerical constants and English strings are done.

This means that soon (after some internal tests that I want to do) the system will be ready for review/testing.

Updated status:
- Sacrifice/donations - works by placing items at the altar, like donating to towns but with effect depending on personal preference of the god
- Lists of sacrificeable items per god
- Finalizing notification/dialog strings (English)
- Moshran sacrifice improvement
- German translation
- Tests and review
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

That sounds all very promising! Can you update the github project?

https://github.com/Illarion-eV/Illarion ... projects/9

If you lack rights, please contact Nitram. Also, if you need help with merging into develop branch of the repository, let me know!
Lia

Post by Lia »

Ich finde das Götter system ist benachteiligend für alle Charaktere bzw Spieler deren Charaktere einem der alten Götter folgen. Und das wiederum ist nicht fair.
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

Die Alten Götter haben die Reiche der Sterblichen verlassen und mischen sich nicht mehr in ihre Angelegenheiten ein. Macht Lore-mäßig vollkommen Sinn, dass sie keine Boni gewähren sollen...
Lia

Post by Lia »

Wo genau steht das , dass sie gar nicht mehr machen in Illarion?

Siehe Götter Lore:

Tanora = Sie ist von den Alten Göttern am häufigsten unter den Sterblichen in Illarion anzutreffen,
Findari = In den seltenen Fällen da Findari eine sterbliche Hülle anlegt, zeigt sie sich in der Gestalt ...
Ushara = Wenn Ushara auf Illarion erscheint , tut sie dies in der Gestalt ....
Bragon = Wenn Brágon entscheidet, sich in die Belange der Sterblichen einzumischen ....

Mal abgesehen davon das ich bezweifel das wir es uns erlauben können noch mehr Spieler zu verlieren.
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Elder Gods will have to wait for now. The priest system will focus on the younger gods as per the lore, the younger are most influential in every day lives. At the very least, being able to devote to the Elder Gods may happen sooner rather than later.
Lia

Post by Lia »

like the magic system?
snus-mumrik
Developer

Post by snus-mumrik »

In the current state of gods system (i.e. in my branch) you can devote yourself to an elder god. That is, you can pray at the appropriate altar to gain favour, and once you have enough favour and you bring several required items you can devote yourself. This will give you no actual bonus, and currently it is the case for younger gods as well.
Currently I am thinking on implementing younger gods priests, but not yet of elder gods priests.
If someone with lore knowledge can tell me how priest "spells" of elder gods should differ from younger, that would help. Maybe they would provide protection from elemental damage?

Another limitation of elder gods currently is sacrificeable items. Currently it is a pure element per god, and maybe items built using pure elements will be added. I guess this would make life of elder-god priest a little bit harder. But I think being elder god priest should be hard, otherwise why would majority switch to younger ones.
Lia

Post by Lia »

Maybe i unterstand it wrong because my englisch is not so good. if it so then sorry for the following words

But that seems not fair for me.

Sounds like "Lets make hard and not fair for follower of one from the elder gods so that they switch to the younger gods.

That would be illogical and inconsistent. And with this system, one would then further illogical inconsistent Rp.
Drathe
Official Illarion Banner Contest Winner

Post by Drathe »

Just a swift and passing thought, but if you get no reward, no bonus for going through all that time, devotion and material cost to a god... why bother when you can just RP it for free? or am I missing something?
Dantagon Marescot

The Elder and the Younger Gods are different. The Elders left, but occasionally they show up and do powerful stuff (like sinking Gobaith). The Younger are in peoples day to day lives. So you would expect the majority of the non- old elves, lizards, and orcs to worship the younger. Originally there was no plan to include the Elder Gods in any kind of devotion system. In an attempt to make it fair, I am trying to plot something. For now, the best you are going to get is the ability to devote yourself to an Elder God (or you can just, ya know, rp it). Ideally, there should be some benefit, but it shouldn't be the same and it wouldn't correspond to the favor system of the Younger.

What in your mind would make it fair, but different?
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

129 active characters of 52 active players means technically 11 characters for the each younger God. One priest for each God and 10 followers. I'm sure most numbers will get Malachin, next Nargun. So for the rest we can make hypothesis of 2-3 characters or even no characters. With the relation that power of priest is based on the number of his followers this says only following Malachin make mechanical sense.

I bet after this system number of player base will lower about the half to ~25 active players.
Lia

Post by Lia »

These alleged 52 active players do not use anything when we come to at least 16 online at the same time.
16 is the average height when you look at the statistics

Why should the younger elves and lizards suddenly follow the younger gods? I do not see any logical meaning in it. Elves mostly follow the old gods or one of the old gods (of course there are exceptions)
Lizards considered Tanora loud story as her mother, so why should they all turn away?
Many orcs see their father in Bragon, why exactly should they turn away?

Or else, a character who has followed an old god all his life, why should he suddenly turn away?

For the fact that the old gods are not supposed to be so active, one sees of them just as little as of the young gods.

The system of favoring the young gods and treating the characters who follow them is guaranteed only to make the player invent a nonsense reason (or not) to suddenly follow a young god. So that the character gets something from the "bonus".

If you ask me...its "simpel" . Every god has his own area. See the "God of the ..."
With a little creativity you can find such a priest magic that fits every god.

I had some ideas for it (it's probably already over a year ago) and suggested it to the staff. They were simply discarded without justification.

There was a time when Illarion stood out from the typical MMORPGS. It was different, here you really put emphasis on real RPG. Meanwhile, Illarion is increasingly becoming one of those 0815 MMORPGS.

Yes, these are tough words but have a look around. Old players go because Illarion is no fun anymore, or just come on and off without really fancy Illarion. New players come from which at least half goes again.
And the system has nothing in common with old one. But that was what made Illarion so special.
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

You are right. WHY should somebody change to younger gods? Because there is a meta-advantage fit changing to a younger god? Why do you need to get something from your char following a god? You did not get something from it so far, so why does your char HAS to get a Bonus now? Let your char believe in what they believe in and do not change it just because of getting a meta/ooc-advantage.
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

The system mechanically is good. Only these two aspects are bad.

1. Aspect that priest needs followers to have the power.

In the current moment game have only 2-3 ACTIVE priests of the younger Gods: One for Cherga and two for Adron. Perhaps one more for other God. If this system would be implemented I consider remake stats also of my char. Titus in this counting would be 5th priest. He had to be paladin with priests skills, but I doubt this concept with presented mechanics will success to get ANY followers or worse people will follow just to get bonus to attributes.
Only one of those presented before characters do any religious events: priest of Adron from Runewick.
So for what chars this is? Do you hope that players will create active priest chars? Really? Is this based on this hope?

2. Aspect that Older Gods cannot be followed by the system

Shortly. This is why many of the people who played elves lost interested to play. After this system possible many of them just will start disappearing, logging less and less often and one day dissappear completely (this already happens!). Same with lizardmen. That why lizardmen own culture even still last is only because of activity of a one player.

Solution: System is good but delete concept of the number of followers of priest as strength of his power and implement different but still interesting system of priesthood to the Old Gods based let's say like someone else told the pure elements understood still in a different way than arcane magic.

MORE:
Lia wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:35 pm These alleged 52 active players do not use anything when we come to at least 16 online at the same time.
16 is the average height when you look at the statistics
Yeah. In the average time players are less numberous than even number of the younger Gods. This confirms my assumption.
Dantagon Marescot

Okay. So I asked all of you for ideas on ways to make the Elder Gods priest stuff special and different as compared to the Younger Gods, and instead I got a complaint that we are ignoring those who play characters that follow Elder Gods. Per the lore. Lizards follow Tanora, Orcs follow Bragon AND Moshran, and some of the younger Elves have turned to the Younger Gods, but many Elves still follow the Five. On top of this, I play a human who follows Bragon. Right now I have a design for the Younger Gods and how to implement it, but none for the Elder.

So I ask again. What would you like to see in a system involving the Elder Gods?
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Lia wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:35 pmI had some ideas for it (it's probably already over a year ago) and suggested it to the staff. They were simply discarded without justification.
Could you please link to these proposals or send them to me?
Drathe
Official Illarion Banner Contest Winner

Post by Drathe »

My bad didn't read properly. Priests get their own magic-ee dooh dahs. I'd still like a gift of the gods for gaining their favour though :D
Mcmains

Post by Mcmains »

Estralis Seborian wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:25 am
Lia wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:35 pmI had some ideas for it (it's probably already over a year ago) and suggested it to the staff. They were simply discarded without justification.
Could you please link to these proposals or send them to me?
I'm so going to spend the day repeating "magic-ee dooh dahs" in my head now lol. Kidding aside, I'd love if the priests would have a bit more flavor to them.
Last edited by Mcmains on Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sammy Goldlieb

Post by Sammy Goldlieb »

You honestly needa bring the Magic System ingame. most new Players just start because of this (like I did in the old cvclient)