Off Topic

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

maryday

Re: Off Topic

Post by maryday »

((Post No.673))
|SIGN_IN:maryday
|;PW
|;you have chosen
|REASON_PERCEIVED;woman
|REASON_VALID;child
|REASON_ACCEPTED;future friend
|CALL_SECURITY_LEVELS
|CALL_MISSION_OBJECTIVES
|CALL_DEFINITIONS
|INITIATE_REDEFINITION
|EXECUTE_REDEFINITION_IF_END
|SET_SECURITY_LEVEL_REDEFINITION:0/255/0
|SET_MACHINE_STATE_REDEFINITION:0
|SET_LOCKDOWN_LEVEL_REDEFINITION:0
|SCRAMBLE_PILOT_LOCKDOWN_ACCESS_ID_IF_END:true
|SET_PILOT_REBIRTH_CYCLE_IF_END:true
|INITIATE_PRIMARY_MISSION_OBJECTIVE_IF_END;recall
|PROMPT_TEMPLATE_IF_END;choose
|SET_PW_IF_END:
|EXECUTE_OVERRIDE_END;life
Last edited by maryday on Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
maryday

Post by maryday »

((Post No.674))

TEMPLATE

Code: Select all

Dearest ((INSERT MOD NAME HERE)).

I have made myself guilty of causing community members, and other people "outside",
discomfort and bad atmosphere within the OFF-TOPIC section, and "the world out there".
I have dragged unwanted negative attention, trolling and probaly persecution
towards our community.
((ADD TEXT HERE)))

I do not wish to repent herewith as done things are done.
I ask for alteration of my posted content(-s) within the OFF-TOPIC section.

I would be utterly thankfull if you or another mod could browse my OFF-TOPIC posts
of the past ((INSERT TIME)) for the following words:

-EXAMPLE1
-EXAMPLE2

You may fully delete any posts containing these words. Please mark them as CENSORED.
The language, these posts are written in, is most likely ((INSERT LANGUAGE HERE)).

You are free to fully delete ALL posts of mine, in the OFF-TOPIC section,
to make this section accessible for anyone again.

A FULL RESET might not be necessary.
((ADD TEXT HERE)))

I would be glad to help out by sorting my content if you wish me to.

Sincerely yours,
~((INSERT YOUR FORUM NAME HERE))~
VORLAGE

Code: Select all

Liebste(r) ((MOD NAME HIER EINFUEGEN)).

Ich habe mich schuldig gemacht, Unbequemlichkeit und schlechte Atmosphaere verbreitet zu haben,
im OFF-TOPIC Bereich, sowie in der "Außenwelt".
Dies war gegen Mitglieder der Gemeinschaft gerichtet und gegen "Leute da draussen".
Ich habe unerwuenschte negative Aufmerksamkeit, Trolling und womoeglich Verfolgung
auf unsere Gemeinschaft gelenkt.
((HIER TEXT HINZUFUEGEN))

Ich moechte hiermit Nicht bereuen, da geschehene Dinge geschehen sind.
Ich erbitte um Veraenderung der von mir im OFF-TOPIC Bereich geaeusserten Inhalte.

Ich waere aeusserst dankbar koenntest Du, oder ein anderer MOD,
meine getaetigten Posts der letzten ((ZEIT HIER EINFUEGEN)) nach folgenden Woertern durchsuchen:

-BEISPIEL1
-BEISPIEL2

Du moegest JEGLICHE Posts loeschen, welche diese Worte enthalten. Bitte markiere sie als ZENSIERT.
Die Sprache, in welchen diese Posts geschrieben sind, ist wahrscheinlich ((SPRACHE HIER EINFUEGEN)).

Es ist Dir freigestellt, ALLE meine Posts im OFF-TOPIC Bereich zu loeschen,
um diesen Bereich wieder fuer Jeden zugaenglich zu  machen.

Eine VOLSTAENDIGE RUECKSETZUNG muss nicht erforderlich sein.
((HIER TEXT HINZUFUEGEN))

Ich wuerde mich freuen, (meine eigenen) Inhalte aussortieren zu duerfen, so Ihr es wuenscht.

Ganz Euer,
~((FUEGE DEINEN FORUM NAMEN HIER EIN))~
((Hope is pinned on us. Enjoy participation.))
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

The wish to have platform for smaltalk inside the community is recognized and in discussion.

Thread closed (for obvious reason.)
Kamilar

More Off Topic

Post by Kamilar »

http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... =1&t=41352

Feel free to merge with the existing topic. It was a fluke that I saw this discussion at all and I couldn't muster enough interest to email a staff member and wait for permission to post but I wanted to weigh in since I'm referenced yet again. Mephy was correct when he said I've moved on but not when he said I don't care.

I was sad to see matters taken to the extreme of removing the off-topic forum. I mourn for the many squandered opportunities to correct the issues before they became insurmountable. The off-topic was the last resort for players who felt they or their friends had been treated unfairly. Was it a good decision to ignore the issues and simply allow the damage to be done? Blaming the players for retaliatory behavior and removing the only avenue for venting seems a bit misguided to me. Deleting the forum solved nothing.

I really feel that issues should be handled directly. When issues are ignored, the only options open to players are to leave or stay, fume in silence or rage over it. Removing the off topic discussion further restricts those options. Trying to control player behavior while simultaneously sweeping an incident under the carpet after an inflammatory event only leads to more retaliation. If issues are addressed, players won't resort to using the off-topic to spout off their frustrations.

Before bringing back the Off Topic forum, I think there's work that needs to be done. I think revamping the rules is busy work but knock yourselves out if that floats your bubble. What really needs to be done is facing issues and following through. I think expecting a different outcome without a change in input is probably optimistic.

For the record, we're coming up on the one year anniversary of my issue and I'm still waiting for it to be addressed. That much avoidance and denial can't possibly be good for a community.
rakust dorenstkzul

Re: More Off Topic

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

For someone late to the party. Do you mind telling me what the issue is?
Kamilar

Re: More Off Topic

Post by Kamilar »

Subject: Off Topic
Feraiden wrote:
Jupiter wrote:
If you cannot handle criticism, you shouldn't volunteer for a staff position.
This comment is quite out of place. It was not criticism, it were grave insults against players and staff members alike why the off topic forum was closed.
Perhaps not so out of place, a lot of those issues resulted from an unnecessary and really out of line response of two staff members to what ultimately was an innocuous conversation.
I'll send you a PM.