Feedback to Runewick

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Karrock

Feedback to Runewick

Post by Karrock »

I start consider that Runewick is unplayable place and I think of moving to Galmair because of that. Attemps to control my char and me as player there are below any criticism. I persuade all. Don't create char there. This only would make upset you.
Djironnyma

Re: What are you thinking right now?

Post by Djironnyma »

Neither the off topic itself nor this thread are a place for universal rant which will just damage the community and the motivation of other players and staff members. If you want to give feedback, proposals or reasonable critic use manits, the proposal board or make a topic in the general. There it can be discussed. But misuse the off topic for insulting / trolling other players, staff members or the game itself will not be tolerated. Any future post to such topics here will be moved away.
Mephistopheles

Re: What are you thinking right now?

Post by Mephistopheles »

+1 Karrock

I understand at least, but honestly I've found this to be the internet where no one really cares and it's just a game.

The level of control issues volunteer mods tend to have is kinda scary, but I believe that's fairly common.

The only thing you can do is work on your rp to enrich the game yourself, who needs Dji and Bearers? Go start ig relationships that aren't only guild requests on the forum, I've seen some good rp, I know you got it :wink:
Djironnyma

Re: Feedback to Runewick

Post by Djironnyma »

Once Again the Offtopic is for topic not related to illarion. Please consider that.
Lia

Post by Lia »

-.-
Last edited by Lia on Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Attemps to control my char
Without having to think about if that is the case or not: What is the problem? Assuming that other characters tried to control your character, there is nothing wrong with that. That is an ingame matter then. Considering that this is what you mean, no problem.
and me as player
In which way?
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

Jupiter wrote:
Attemps to control my char
Without having to think about if that is the case or not: What is the problem? Assuming that other characters tried to control your character, there is nothing wrong with that. That is an ingame matter then. Considering that this is what you mean, no problem.
and me as player
In which way?
A. There is no space for albarians, demon worshippers, Moshran followers and anti-religious people in game. This is a problem.

B. Require of 80-160 real hours to play for rent is making a player a slave. Not char.

EDIT: A. This is not ingame matter how long such a space doesn't exist and you have play according to rules. (Any town).
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

A. There is no space for albarians, demon worshippers, Moshran followers and anti-religious people in game. This is a problem.
You blame the players that their characters do not like evil guys? I am sorry but I do not understand who do you accuse for what reasons.
B. Require of 80-160 real hours to play for rent is making a player a slave. Not char.
And that is what you call "to control [...] me as a player"? Sorry, but you call that slavery? No one FORCES you to pay the rent. You WANT to rent. You are unhappy with what you have to do for what you want, but to call that slavery is a really bad choice of words. You won't be tortured if you do not rent a house.

Making money in Illarion is really easy and it still is (just because you lost your money factory bread making, doesn't mean there aren't other ways). We will in the near future perform changes to the resources. I advise to wait until then and see how the economy ingame (that includes renting prices) will react to that.

Generally, I am slightly confused. Your original post gives the impression that you (you the player) are forced and under compulsion by others. Yet, I don't see how. I was expecting stuff like "they told me they will ban me from the game if I do not do this and that". Rather it looks to me that you are unhappy with the current situation your char is. Then change it. If you consider changing the town will help, do that. Telling others not to create characters in a certain, because you do not agree with the renting prices(!!!), is slightly over the top, isn't it?
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Karrock wrote:

EDIT: A. This is not ingame matter how long such a space doesn't exist and you have play according to rules. (Any town).
A) There was no place for pagan worship in Salem under the puritans. Doesn't mean it didn't happen in peoples cellars with the curtains drawn. You don't NEED a private space to such things. Go drag a group of people off to some quiet area and rp your Moshran worship out in secret. It does not need to be done in the limelight. If you are going to be something "counter culture", you must expect disagreement.

B) Perhaps the amount is exorbitant. Perhaps there is an in game reason for it. Perhaps there is an in game solution to it too.
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

It is not only a rent matter. Its general treating my char and other chars who are not in Order too. I can't make examples because it's IG matter.

Please change name of this topic to "Complaints" to make general topic for such things.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Karrock, this game is not fair.

Picture it like rl, you get dealt a crap hand because people act the way they want. There really isn't much regard for others on the internet. It's where people can be anonymous douche canoes.

All I can suggest is to push past whatever happens or however you feel, because in the end nobody cares about a little injustice on an rpg. I've had enough feces thrown my way here and got no where complaining about it, in fact they love it. So stop complaining, stop giving them posts to move or delete only to get angry about, screw the forum just get ig and start real relationships with characters, doo things
Lia

Post by Lia »

Karrock wrote: Its general treating my char and other chars who are not in Order too.
it is a ic thing so make it not to a ooc matter
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

I have had little time to play these days, so like many of you, I consider where 'best' to spend my time. I have created characters in Runewick before, and visited many times. Yes, it is an unplayable place if you're not part of the "Oligarchy" called The "Bearers of Fire".

Deal with it IG.

Galmair has a lot of activitiy because 'someone' is often there and power is freely changed in annual elections.

Cadomyr has two 'active' Houses that provide both friendly competition and a balance of power. Instead of fighting each other, I see they often work together, but no single person or house 'rules'.

Who balances the Bearers? No-One. They rule themselves with people they accept and rule Runewick with an Iron Fist---Much like a "Mages Guild", which is what Runewick is basically. So what's wrong with that? Deal with it IG.

I see opportunity here for some motivated players to start a counter organization to the Bearers. The only problem is that no-one really cares because it's easier to just go somewhere else. In my opinion, Laziness of players have allowed the Bearers to continue to rule without an IG balance to their power. If you or anyone else wants to change that, do it IG. I'm not into Jousting with Windmills anymore. I just don't have the time for that, sorry.

Deal with it IG.

Just my two coppers! :)
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

My only question is: What was the motivation behind raising rent after such a large update?

Imo this is trolling players
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Rents are a IG topic and are not connected to any update and I normally avoid comment IG matters OOC. I m total fine with lies, rumours and rant about IG matters as long as they a kept IG. But since some people want to use a IG rumour as a ooc argument I feel the need to correct this. The rent in Runewick wasn’t raised at all, its the same since may 2015 http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... 67#p692067 . - But once again: Even IF the rent would be raised, such thinks can be discussed IG either with the council/bearers, other citizens or the archmage, every option would have better chances to change the situation as criticise it ooc.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

So this was changed for only one char? A char from a player who happens to frequently complain about mistreatment ig.

I still find this odd.

Ps. This has already gotten sensitive, peace.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

No once again it wasnt changed, for no one.
Alrik

Post by Alrik »

Rents are and were the same amount since they were introduced and it became possible to rent rooms at Runewick. The only factor was and is - how large the appartments are - but this factor was and is still the same since then.

And well, Karrock - your character asked for the largest building. He asked for it, he wanted it. As a single person. He/You knew the price before he said yes - he even got a small discount (If I had charged the full price, that would be 40 Gold per room. And now count the rooms and what you are paying for the whole building). Nobody forced your character or you to take it, there were and are enough appartments free for rent. So it ist incomprehensible to me why you are complaining that someone takes your character "as hostage" or how he or you is treated. And seems to me - as already said in this thread - that you are just unhappy that your characters cash cow is not working that good anymore as before, but - as also said in this thread already - there are ways to make enough money for the rents. Or how do you explain that other one get this managed without playing 9 days a week, 28 hours a day and also do fondle with Queen Edwards, the Don, the Archemage and the whole staff? Or as already questioned ingame to your character - if your that unhappy with the rent for the largest building you could rent in Runewick - do you need it as a single person? Or will a smaller one do it as well until you are willing and/or able to pay for a larger one?

And well, I could only guess, but to me it seems that there are two other things why you are that unhappy:

- Titus haven't got Yewdale as a feu. He wanted to become lord and judge of Yewdale. Didn't happen.

But nobody forbid Titus to grow these plans. When it doesn't happen in the first or second try, maybe try it in another way. As far as I know, nobody did forbid it to you as a player. Yes, Titus got a letter in which was explained in which points his first try violated the constitution of Runewick. But ever tried to find a way to get your goals done inside the constitution? Or to change conditions to your advantage (for sure nothing accomplished in three days, but not impossible to me).

- Well, one of your last posts in the thread of your fellowship:
Karrock wrote: Seeking members

The Fellowship still seek new members to lead crusade. Please read requirments before you send your application.
If your heart hides any deep sin or crime you can purify your heart participating in crusade.
Wonder why someone asks how you define infidels after Titus history whith how he lost access to the Zhambra Temple at Cadomyr and some other opportunities? And no, nobody forbid you or your character something. There just was the simple question in how you define it.
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

Alrik wrote:And seems to me - as already said in this thread - that you are just unhappy that your characters cash cow is not working that good anymore as before, but - as also said in this thread already - there are ways to make enough money for the rents. Or how do you explain that other one get this managed without playing 9 days a week, 28 hours a day and also do fondle with Queen Edwards, the Don, the Archemage and the whole staff?
There is a problem inside some crafts. Baking is not longer profitable. I know that renting big building should be expensive, but currently this craft doesn't deliver such a money. And my char is a farmer/baker. He cannot become normal crafter. I've heard of other possibilities of earning money, yes. But such a jobs are not related to Yewdale what is main goal now for my char to live there. I see much inbalance in new system after update.
This in example is why I've created new ticket on mantis related to payments for resources -> http://illarion.org/mantis/view.php?id=11462
Alrik wrote: And well, I could only guess, but to me it seems that there are two other things why you are that unhappy:

- Titus haven't got Yewdale as a feu. He wanted to become lord and judge of Yewdale. Didn't happen.

But nobody forbid Titus to grow these plans. When it doesn't happen in the first or second try, maybe try it in another way. As far as I know, nobody did forbid it to you as a player. Yes, Titus got a letter in which was explained in which points his first try violated the constitution of Runewick. But ever tried to find a way to get your goals done inside the constitution? Or to change conditions to your advantage (for sure nothing accomplished in three days, but not impossible to me).
You can still see this event/quest on list, so it's not ended.
Alrik wrote: - Well, one of your last posts in the thread of your fellowship:
Karrock wrote: Seeking members

The Fellowship still seek new members to lead crusade. Please read requirments before you send your application.
If your heart hides any deep sin or crime you can purify your heart participating in crusade.
Wonder why someone asks how you define infidels after Titus history whith how he lost access to the Zhambra Temple at Cadomyr and some other opportunities? And no, nobody forbid you or your character something. There just was the simple question in how you define it.
This is partly IC matter and partly OOC. I wrote that game lacks places for those who do not fit to current towns. And no, getting power in town and rule town by "bad" or "evil" chars is not possible. Even declaring war by town is not "very" possible to make space for some angry characters. This task or proposal what I wrote is directed in long future when things maybe will change. I doubt I could lead any crusade with army of new chars (without levels and gems). But yes in the first conception the Fellowship had to be guild of troublemakers. If you would kill this idea in ovule (?) you will not have much opponents and game would be boring.

TO BELOW: It was not my intention to create whole a new topic. If some players are resentful (?) I'm sorry.
Last edited by Karrock on Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

So the bottom line is you cannot make enough money anymore (for whatever reasons) and you are happy with that. I hope you realize that the problems you have are not created by other players. In your original post you accused other players in a harsh way. If anything at all, I hope that you can now agree that this was both, inappropriate and unjustified.

On the matter of balancing: As I said, resources are being redone. Patience is advised.