Disaffekted

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Dagbladden
Location: Direkt hinter dir, den Stift in der Hand / Staight behind you, pen in hand

Disaffekted

Post by Dagbladden »

Two and a half month went on spending twice the amount of high level awards in form of magic gems any town rewarded rank 8 player and no one have had any roleplay worth to report?
8 player delivered input, just two of them were not active for the news in the past. So in general there would not have been a difference with or without the contest.

The contest was made to encourage the local time and effect limited RP, but all we had was the big player group 1 against player group 2 that killed every other RP approach and drives people away.

But the worst thing ever is, during the time of the contest I was online for 63 of 70 days, every day about 2 hours and have not seen a single new player even trying Illarion! There was a single message about a new player and that player was an old one. So Illarion isn’t seen in the world anymore. This is for sure the death of the game.

It time to leave Illarion because this is not a mmoRPg anymore and became a DSOrpG.
Which games are alternative mmoRPg’s?
Mephistopheles

Re: Disaffekted

Post by Mephistopheles »

To be fair this is the busy side of the year.
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

PlaneShift is RP game. I think there are only Illarion, Ultima Online shards, muds and Planeshift real mmorpg.

PlaneShift sadly has completely archaic graphic (but in 3d).

http://www.planeshift.it/
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

I don't know if you'll have much success elsewhere, the trends at Illarion are happening almost everywhere in the RPG market. Playing online with other people, strict RP enforcement, and an Indy game made by volunteers - in 2001 these concepts were novelties, not so much anymore. UO shards, tibia, runescape, and even big budget MMOs are in decline. Illarion used to be populated almost entirely by high school and college kids. Now there's almost no one that age. They're playing Pokemon GO, Minecraft and dota. It seems to be a problematic demographic trend for RPGs: Smaller and older.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

There's plenty of folk still looking for classic and almost tabletop rpgs.

However hitting that target audience with the right advertising is not easy. Most people looking for such have no clue where to look and usually resort to their local Hobby shop or comic book store etc.

Also, money is a thing. If more people were motivated to become EV members, possibilities open up.

Thing is, can we like not piss someone off long enough for them to decide to devote some yearly coin to the game?
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

When I added on FB on RPG group propose of playing Illarion they tried to destroy me that I'm proposing them game like Tibia where without levels and neverending getting levels you're no one. Most idiots always make hate and Illarion has this misfortune almost all games what are named mmoRPg are not RP. Thats why I have started using other name for genre of Illarion. In polish its "Sieciowa gra fabularna". In english it can mean "Network Plot Game".

Recently I have added proposes to play Illarion to this pages (You can translate text by google, it works):

- www.historycy.org
A forum what gathers polish historians http://www.historycy.org/index.php?showtopic=151330

- www.rodzimawiara.org.pl
Page what gathers slavic native believers http://rodzimawiara.org.pl/forum/19-ude ... arion.html
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Fooser wrote:Illarion used to be populated almost entirely by high school and college kids. Now there's almost no one that age.
That sounds like the polite way of saying, "We're old." At this point I think the youngest of us are finishing their college degrees.

I dunno about the MMORPG crowd, but I could see tabletop gamers loving this. Especially the ones that take their characters seriously and are into the long campaigns with an overarching plot. Perhaps some of the people who do fantasy LARP or foam fighting might take an interest in a game like this?
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

I've added Illarion on another forum. The forum of rpg. In section of crpgs and have no reply. This making me depression...

http://forum.rpg-center.pl/index.php?topic=1137.0

Slowly I lose conceptions where to propose Illarion.

Text of propose translated from polish:

Code: Select all

Network Plot Game. In opposite to name mmorpg I prefer to use this call. Because of small amount of players and most of all focusing on role playing a char. Most important in game is feeling your char, what you're playing and mechanics is only a background. In game exist gathering (mining, woodcuting, farming etc.) crafting (blacksmithing, carpentry, cooking etc.) and fighting. Any handtool is possible to create and in game rules mini-economy system. Players effect on surrounding world by their choices. Game is not silly getting levels but rather roleplayig chat with expanded mechanics. It can seems Ultima Online, but if you're comparing these games, less meaning in Illarion have levels than how you're rp your char. Is possible to spend many days in fun and have respectful and needful char even not fighting. To play you need know english and/or german. Game is fully for free. 
Please rate my explaing the Illarion and tell did I forget something to add.

Added also on: http://mmorpg.pl/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=45103

To below: thanks, I wll start topic in that section with polish pages and forums
Last edited by Karrock on Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.