Gather of 'evil" and "bad" chars.

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Karrock

Gather of 'evil" and "bad" chars.

Post by Karrock »

Who is playing or wish to play "evil" or "bad" char can post here own thoughts. About own ideas or ways how to play these kind of chars etc.

I try to create 4th mini faction for those chars if they don't follow Goddesses (Albarians) but I try to discover good method to move other "evil" chars there to create first settlement for "evil" chars. Maybe do you have good ideas? We need a conflict but to catch old chars is hard. I think it will take few years before something real will happen.
Jupiter
Developer

Re: Gather of 'evil" and "bad" chars.

Post by Jupiter »

I think it is horrible to spoil such things by telling them ooc. As someone whose main char is a Runewick char, I would have prefered to not read ooc about your plans.
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

I know but I don't know other good method to convince players to create chars. And convincing in char look terrible. Sometimes must use OOC.

EDIT: I want all who want to play "evil" character watch that video ->
->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-0hgP1tNH8
Falyame

Post by Falyame »

I think it is a step forward to just start your "evil thing" in game to get the impression of how this evil rp affects you and other players, no matter if you are unfortunately alone and what you are doing (steeling the harvest from the field/ kidnapping a person etc...., you can start from the beginning with "small" crimes, see what happens and learn from experience, same for other players who would like to gain first experience in playing a bad boy).
I don´t know what you are planning (and pls ont tell me, that´s OOC). But maybe it gets its own Roleplay-dynamic after time and makes other players interested in joining your evil thing.
If you plan something bigger like an evil guild or cult, that´s fine. I would really welcome new roleplay ideas in this game, we need some "bad boys" , that ´s really interesting. But it becomes more complicated, ambitious and maybe frustrating because of the results which may not fit with your expectations or of the way this evil thing unfolds. When you create a fighter character he probably starts at lvl 1 and works (well, you work for it) hard to reach lvl 100. Same for the roleplay.
You don´t need that much for evil roleplay (no high end skills, no super power stuff). I ´m playing/would play a bad boy by pure roleplaying it because I ´m too lazy to train the fighting skills, for example. Give the other characters what they´re looking for and they would love to be a part of your evil thing (also "good" characters").

I agree with Jupiter to keep it out from OOC as much as you can. I also think it is rather better to interact more with the Characters IG than with the OOC-Players out of game because it starts with too much OOC-arrangements about how you and others should roleplay that evil thing and how should that evil guild/cult look like. Other players may agree with the arrangement first but than expect something else or play their character different because of unexpected developments. What is more important for achieving in game aims: The character who matches with the vision or the player behind? The practical experience could be different from the theoritcal arrangements, because we are all individuals.
Just start your thing (maybe with a "Test-Char"). You can also roleplay in the forum, writing subtle things and look how other characters react to it in the forum. I´m looking forward to see/read something from you :D.

PS: Thank you for the youtube link.
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

My personal advise, and also the way I probably would go for it if I played an Albarian with ambition to rule:

Join Cadomyr and be smart about it.

Cadomyr offers a rigid structure of rank, a focus on martial ability and just discrimination in the form of nobility. And most of all it does have a considerable Albarian heritage. A pure blooded Albarian probably will probably clash with the following:
  • female faction leader npc
  • non human (possibly female) pc nobles
  • worship of female deities
  • general equality of race and gender for command and law
While stones in your path, none of them can not be manoeuvred around and (except for the Queen being female) be worked against and to some degree even changed. You'd have to have your character work his way up, earn trust, reputation, a small fellowship, maybe gain acknowledged nobility. All the while one could already be open about ones intentions, but be nice about it... at least until you have a power base.

Maybe insist on serving 'the crown' and not the Queen (like Ssar'ney insists on refusing Galmair to be an acknowledged realm). Twist your characters explanations in a flowery way for why he believes women being trained at arms being wrong. Prove your 'true' ways to be superior by being more sucessfull, rub failures of the weaklings following weak goddesses into their face. Maybe put some initiative to reforms of that overcomplicated slave law, maybe try to enslave people. The possibilities...

PS: According to lore the Queen was the ruling princess of the Albarian occupied halfing province of Firnismill. Her ruling in a position second only to the High King was an oddity, but not against Albarian custom. Merely her refusal to take a husband who would then take over was.

PS2: No matter where your character goes, good luck with your endervour!
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

i got a char not gonna speak much about it. but this char is in hidding of its true intentions. until the time is right. evil is out there but its got to be worth something for the bad and evil char to reveal them selves cause there is major consequences for actions they do. so. use the ig method. get your character know and feel around otheres and then taste your intentions. and see were it builds