Cursed by a Demon?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Cursed by a Demon?

Post by Juniper Onyx »

My son was playing his character this weekend, and he did a little exploring near the Snakehead coast in a cave while I was making lunch and got 'zapped' by a curse or something. I came back and noticed that in the dark, he starts to glow green and "A Demon Possesses you" making him move randomly and attacking nearby characters. Honest! It wasn't him doing it! It went away with the light of a torch. He was a little upset by this, so we tried those cleansing pools in the Ice Cavern, and even seeking blessings from 2 different God Altars. Nothing. I didn't know enough Alchemy to try that yet. All-weekend, he has had to deal with this curse. It doesn't seem to wear off. :(

This is a new development that did not exist pre-VBU, so I was surprised there was no directions on how to remove this, since Magic is disabled and Priest magic isn't finished yet, I hope there's a potion for this. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, Is there a way to remove this? (No details needed, just want to make sure this isn't a bug and I can keep looking for solution)

What do you think of this nasty little curse? Good for the game or bad? :?
Evie
Developer

Re: Cursed by a Demon?

Post by Evie »

I have no knowledge of this curse.. if you can give me some coordinates I can try and look into it. This has to be something put in before i got on the Development team.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

We don't have anything in the scripts that makes you attack against your will. Also, we do not have anything that makes you walk automatically to near characters.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Well, now I'm really confused! I'll try to play his char tonight and do some tests. Thanks.