Really?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Djironnyma

Re: Review of Chancellor System

Post by Djironnyma »

Kugar wrote:My char has been one of the leading anti establishment chars in this game since his inception. But since it's clearly unwanted (or just outright unsupported) for such role play to occur I'll probably just take an extended break. It's not really worth my while to continue trying to create some long term conflict in this game. Especially since every threat is designed to be destroyed instantly in some predictable way.

What I find incredibly disconcerting is the fact that so many players have left this game in recent months/years but, despite this fact, the tone of some gms and devs comes across as though their ideas and opinions are infallible. I really hate to take part in these arguments but sometimes these things need said - whether people want to read it or not. If I didn't pour so many hours into this game I'd probably just ignore all this but since I did I feel like I have the right to an opinion and I'm quite annoyed, frankly.
It’s sad to hear that you haven’t fun anymore in playing your char. I don’t know if I have mentioned that often enough but I love Jefferson, he reminds me often to Batman’s Joker, he is something like Djis arch enemy (even if my char is too arrogant to confirm that). And there starts the problem, indeed my char / our guild will do everything to fight against them. But not anytime these actions are visible or transparent for all because our chars don’t want that anyone knows what they had done. But at least I can confirm that Runewick / the Bearers put in the past high pressure on Galmair and Cadomyr to manipulate their decisions concerning Jefferson and his allies against him. They used different ways like argues, threating’s, bribing’s etc. . All that happened IG but behind the stage - that may be the reason why some IG decisions may feel illogical and unfair, but still I can confirm that they had all IG reasons.

Anyway I agree that a RPG need conflicts. Furthermore I was never a fan of plots where some nearly invincible Undead/Demon/Necromancer from out of nowhere showed up with the ultimate threat and blablabla. I ever loved plots/conflicts which where build IG and such conflicts should be supported by the GMs/staff. I suppose most of the GMs/staff agree with me at that point – so please don’t give up and keep telling us where you need support at. I can assure you, that you will be atleast heard.
Karrock

Re: Really?

Post by Karrock »

I will write it short. Bad/evil guilds should have support with few tools, buildings and small depots. Of course not everyone who want to make guild in wilderness. Good and neutral chars have all towns. May them create guilds within them. I see no cause currently why some people complains they can't start a good/neutral guild. WIthin town you may rent an office, have depot and get support from leaders. Otherwise complains about bad/evil will never end. And please don't tell me that they should fight for positions in towns because its not possible that most will agree to be ruled by few evil/bad chars.
This is not a star wars saga it will never happen. No evil/bad town is necessary, but a little support yes.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

^ thats literally all anyone has asked for years, it falls on deaf ears, comrade.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

Karrock wrote: No evil/bad town is necessary, but a little support yes.
:arrow: true
Lia

Post by Lia »

Even evil / bad character can live in the cities . All you have to be smart enough to hire .
" Be evil " - When his course thus acts by indiscriminately attacking any people . Yes then the character is not smart enough.

Nevertheless, does not prevent if guilds get anything directly in the Wild something Support .
But there is a few gm , and these have been more than enough to do with the Towns .
And on the other hand there is no guild can be called Guild .
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

Lia wrote:Even evil / bad character can live in the cities . All you have to be smart enough to hire .
" Be evil " - When his course thus acts by indiscriminately attacking any people . Yes then the character is not smart enough.

Nevertheless, does not prevent if guilds get anything directly in the Wild something Support .
But there is a few gm , and these have been more than enough to do with the Towns .
And on the other hand there is no guild can be called Guild .
I have a bad day, sorry but your post has absolultly no sense and only upsets me. I know no "evil" char IG who would work for anyone. If you dislike this style of playing why you're commenting? We have two "evil" guilds but tell me how to play lawful guild within town? How you would do that? First I should ask what you consider as "evil"? I can tell you it's not being kind to people... And who are you telling us that our chars are not enough "smart". I point second time it's not saga of star wars. No conspiracy will let anyone to get overthrow any town and let "evil" guild to rule others. People should have possibility to leave such a system of power without leaving game.
Lia

Post by Lia »

That is what i mean. A really smart Character can be evil and the most people will not registry this. ^^

I dont dislike your style of playing. But i only see the most Player from Bad ass Characters lament.
And if you read right what i write so you know i have nothing against support Guilds where live in the Wildness. :)

Edit: maybe my englisch is so bad , that you unterstand me wrong. Dont know.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

I consider the bearers evil and they control runewick lol. But seriously. It is possible to be lawful evil and be in town. Cause honestly. Lawful evil is that lawful. Take bearers for example. They follow the laws laid before them before they had power. But if you are suspected to be in league with dark forces then the Inquisition is laid upon you. Which pretty much gives them the right to do anything to make confession. Even if false. That to me is lawful evil. One that does what others preecieve as evil but follows the laws of the town they live in. Evil is in the eye of the beholder. To a mouse a cat is evil. But to us it's not.
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

I just want to say that I feel I overreacted in my initial comment. This game has been pretty good to me and it would be pretty crappy to leave it like that. Think I just need a break is all. The game is still being developed and all.
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

<3 you Kugar
Karrock

Post by Karrock »

Azure Lynch wrote:I consider the bearers evil and they control runewick lol. But seriously. It is possible to be lawful evil and be in town. Cause honestly. Lawful evil is that lawful. Take bearers for example. They follow the laws laid before them before they had power. But if you are suspected to be in league with dark forces then the Inquisition is laid upon you. Which pretty much gives them the right to do anything to make confession. Even if false. That to me is lawful evil. One that does what others preecieve as evil but follows the laws of the town they live in. Evil is in the eye of the beholder. To a mouse a cat is evil. But to us it's not.
I consider them as lawful neutral. Yes in our modern times lawful sounds evil aswell like want of power. But they are not in same side with demons, and are not racists or sexists. At least officialy I don't know them so much. I don't analyse too much good, neutral or evil with relation to our world. IG evil is being in same side with Moshran in example. There are two evil sides in lore. Moshran Cultists and Albarians. I consider it rather like allignment where your char stands in which side in great war Salkamar against Albar. Your char may do a crime and become bad but not become evil if not stands in same side with Moshran or Albar.

EDIT: Was told to me that orcs are not evil. So we have in lore lawful evil (albarians) and neutral evil (undeads lords who worship demons or Moshran). Groups of bandits should be chaotic evil ,but these groups can't live long. And playing chaotic evil char is perhaps against rules of game. Serial mindless killer is annoying as Lia said.

SECOND EDIT: Anyway we have at least one or two chaotic evil/bad chars. In example my orc. But saying it's not enough smart is rather incomprehension of this allingment. But yes it can be annoying even if player use much emotes.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Really? again?

http://www.giga.de/downloads/illarion/

Google translate-
Illarion is a MMORPG in fantasy setting, which boasts a large game world and numerous elements of the classic role-playing game.

Were in a war by Illarion the peoples of Cadomyr, Gamair and Runewick sold in the country Illarion. Your character chooses her from one of these nations, each nation has its own strengths and weaknesses. Then you put yourself with your character in the mythical world of Illarion where their magic and fighting skills learned and interacted with other players.

German-Illarion ist ein MMORPG im Fantasy-Setting, das mit einer großen Spielwelt und zahlreichen Elementen des klassischen Rollenspiels punktet.

Durch einen Krieg wurden in Illarion die Völker von Cadomyr, Gamair und Runewick in das Land Illarion vertrieben. Euren Charakter wählt ihr aus einem dieser Völker, wobei jedes Volk seine eigenen Stärken und Schwächen hat. Sodann begebt ihr euch mit eurem Charakter in die sagenhafte Welt von Illarion, wo ihr magische und kämpferische Fähigkeiten erlernt und mit anderen Spielern interagiert.

Spoods - Anzeige
LTE – Was sich dahinter versteckt und wie es funktioniert
LTE – Was sich dahinter versteckt und wie es funktioniert
00:00 / 02:01

Viviane von Alles Easy erklärt Dir LTE
Smartphones im Internet – was ist LTE? Was mit 5G alles möglich sein wird Mit CallYeah im Ausland mit 4G|LTE surfen Jetzt kostenlose CallYa Prepaid-Karte sichern! Highspeed surfen mit dem Samsung Galaxy S7 Auch zuhause mit LTE-Highspeed surfen

Why would you tell new players these factions are at war to gain interest but then ban players from roleplay centrals from a game with 4 players at a time when they try to simply fight back against attacking nations? Are you drunk?

wut?
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Your translation is wrong.
Teflon

Post by Teflon »

To clarify things.
- The text wasn't written by any of us but a guy who tested the game. We should be glad he did and rated us with 5/5 instead of calling him drunk. We, however, should add a more detailed but at least accurate and appealing review.
- He doesn’t write that Illarion is at war but that there was once a war and this war caused the foundation of three factions. Again, a more accurate version would be nice but still no reason to insult him.
I hope that helps to understand.