Old players, new player

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Pugnacious

Old players, new player

Post by Pugnacious »

So, I was benefited with having my account divided. The odd result of this was, I am now listed as a "new" player. So I took this as an opportunity to make a 'Noob' style character and go thought the tutorial again. First I gave him an unacceptable name 'Jed Eye' I hoped his may bring in someone to help him out. It didn't. Next, I went through the tutorial. Completely. It is very well thought out. Works smoothly, easy to follow. Two things I think should be added, How to run and how to eat. But I think it is a good start to this game. Also, maybe the message, 'That we play In Character', and what that means, should be in the tutorial, not just a message after a town is picked. Also maybe add, that 'We play with and not against' could be added. Still, I was impressed. I did hope for one currant player to come help me along, but I understand that. I almost always click ' Not this session' I always somehow feel too busy. I aim to change my behavior. If I really want this game to grow, I can spend a few minutes from crafting, fighting, or just being selfish and lazy.
As far if this was a fair test, There were nine players in the online list (average these days) and a GM.
Banduk

Re: Old players, new player

Post by Banduk »

Who or what is Jed Eye?

I tried a little bit google and LEO translation and found .... nothing except a rock band I never heard before.
It might be a proverb, so please help me out?

According to that experience even the name is acceptable, at least for non native English.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Jedi bruh.. Star wars, c'mon even Germans gotta know the star wars references :D
Vitus

Post by Vitus »

It is quiet obviouse, if you know the english pronounciation. The word "Jedi" is pronounced diffrend in german language.