Https and javascript on site.

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

arrchayx

Https and javascript on site.

Post by arrchayx »

Hello, two questions.

1.Team of illarion website have plans to give able https version of site for normal users ?
2.Character creation on site using non-free javascript, any plans for let that script free ?
S'rrt

Re: Https and javascript on site.

Post by S'rrt »

I'm sure someone else knows what arrchayx is talking about but I'd like someone to explain to me the following:

Why is it important to have https on illarion.org? Is it commonly intercepted by malicious ware, hackers etc?
What does arrchayx mean by "non-free javascript"? Is that in terms of money or hardware/software restrictions?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

HTTPs covers the account parts of the homepage. I think that is sufficient. There are currently no plans to change that.

To my best knowledge there is no non-free javascript present on the character creation page. All code there is under open source licence. What part are you talking about? In addition to that: There are no plans for any alteration on the current account system what so ever. Since the character management is planned to move to the client and the account system on the homepage will be removed once that happened.
arrchayx

Questions about page freedom

Post by arrchayx »

Yo,

I wanna to ask about few things on page i write they below in numbers, so:
1.Is here any plan to let java-script on page to be free ? Cuz now for make character i need to use non-free javascript.
2.Is here any plan to let users free to using tor for registration process ?
3.Is here any plan to let users free to using https version of site ? Cuz now only staff can use this what i saw.
Nitram
Developer

Re: Questions about page freedom

Post by Nitram »

Your questions 1. and 3. were already answered in the last post you create: http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... =1&t=40014

To your 2nd point: No we do not have any plans to lift the ban of the tor network or the ban of webproxies from the registration page.

Nitram
arrchayx

Post by arrchayx »

Nitram
about script im talking about part of setting up statistics,
strenght,intelligence etc etc, i cant set this up without non-free
javascript, that part isnt open source, im using LibreJS and this
blocking me from that, or maybe LibreJS is in mistake in that case ? If
that addon working bad there tell me.
And about tor, why illarion need to ban tor network from registration ?
Illarion dont have much players i think so it isnt that much important imo,but if somebody wanna make account anybody can ask his friend
for that, it isnt problem that much problem if somebody need to register new account in true.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

First: Please put some afford into the language you are writing. I am not a native English speaking person and I have major issues understanding your English that is very flawed.

Furthermore: The JavaScript that is setting up the statistics is using the prototype javascript library. The custom script for Illarion is fully open source and part of the open source repository that stores the homepage. I have no idea what part you assume to be closed source. The java script send to the browser is compressed to reduce the transfer overhead. Maybe this confuses you. But the full, uncompressed version is in the repository and free to be looked at. LibreJS is a plugin that messes with the java script in general. No idea what part it detects to be non-free. It is wrong anyway. There are no non-free scripts on the homepage. I strongly suggest not using this plugin on the Illarion homepage.

Regarding the registration: The TOR network along with the web proxies were abused in the past to get around permanent bans and to create accounts for the sole purpose of causing havoc in the game. That is the reason why those proxy networks are blocked. I fail to see any reason to lift that block.

Nitram
arrchayx

Post by arrchayx »

Nitram, its what LibreJS showing to be non-free and blocked by addon:

Code: Select all

List of blocked JavaScript in http://illarion.org/community/account/us_newchar_3.php?charid=1247611510

Whitelist

This script is detected as inline, nonfree, defining functions or methods, and the rest of the page as loading external scripts
    url='http://illarion.org'; cur_lang='us';

Whitelist

This script is detected as inline, nonfree, defining functions or methods, and the rest of the page as loading external scripts

try {
    			var piwikTracker = Piwik.getTracker("http://illarion.org/piwik/piwik.php", 1);
                piwikTracker.setUserId('arrchayx1');
    			piwikTracker.trackPageView();
    			piwikTracker.enableLinkTracking();
    		} catch( err ) {}

Whitelist

Hyphenator.config({
            		'minwordlength'  : 4,
    				'remoteloading'  : false,
    				'onerrorhandler' : function(error) {}
            	});
                Hyphenator.addExceptions('','Illarion');
    			Hyphenator.run();

Whitelist

init3 = function()
    	{
    				var strength_slider = $('strength_slider');
    		var strength_text = $('strength_text');
    				var agility_slider = $('agility_slider');
    		var agility_text = $('agility_text');
    				var constitution_slider = $('constitution_slider');
    		var constitution_text = $('constitution_text');
    				var dexterity_slider = $('dexterity_slider');
    		var dexterity_text = $('dexterity_text');
    				var intelligence_slider = $('intelligence_slider');
    		var intelligence_text = $('intelligence_text');
    				var perception_slider = $('perception_slider');
    		var perception_text = $('perception_text');
    				var willpower_slider = $('willpower_slider');
    		var willpower_text = $('willpower_text');
    				var essence_slider = $('essence_slider');
    		var essence_text = $('essence_text');
    				var remaining_slider = $('remaining_slider');
    		var remaining_text = $('remaining_text');
    		var sumUp = function() {
    			return parseInt(strength_text.value)+parseInt(agility_text.value)+parseInt(constitution_text.…

Whitelist

[{"attribute":"onchange","value":"strength_control.setValue(parseInt(parseFloat($('strength_text').value)));"}]

Whitelist

[{"attribute":"onchange","value":"agility_control.setValue(parseInt(parseFloat($('agility_text').value)));"}]

Whitelist

[{"attribute":"onchange","value":"constitution_control.setValue(parseInt(parseFloat($('constitution_text').value)));"}]

Whitelist

[{"attribute":"onchange","value":"dexterity_control.setValue(parseInt(parseFloat($('dexterity_text').value)));"}]

Whitelist

[{"attribute":"onchange","value":"intelligence_control.setValue(parseInt(parseFloat($('intelligence_text').value)));"}]

Whitelist

[{"attribute":"onchange","value":"perception_control.setValue(parseInt(parseFloat($('perception_text').value)));"}]

Whitelist

[{"attribute":"onchange","value":"willpower_control.setValue(parseInt(parseFloat($('willpower_text').value)));"}]

Whitelist

[{"attribute":"onchange","value":"essence_control.setValue(parseInt(parseFloat($('essence_text').value)));"}]

Whitelist

[{"attribute":"onchange","value":"remaining_control.setValue(parseInt(parseFloat($('remaining_text').value)));"}]

WhitelistNONTRIVIAL: an open method similar to xhr.open is used
    http://illarion.org/piwik/piwik.js
    WhitelistNONTRIVIAL: square bracket suffix method call detected
    http://illarion.org/shared/js.php?file=bookmarks,prototype,effects,slider,hyphenator,hyphenator-en-gb

List of accepted JavaScript in http://illarion.org/community/account/us_newchar_3.php?charid=1247611510

LibreJS did not allow the execution of any scripts on this page: '
        There may be no scripts on this page (check source, C-u)
        The inline and on-page JavaScript code may not be free and/or may not have proper license information and external scripts (if present) may have been removed by default.
        External scripts may not be free and/or may not have proper licensing and are not part of the whitelist of free JavaScript libraries.

Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

So your strange tool is wrong in 100% of the cases. Nice one.
Ilmarinen

Post by Ilmarinen »

Just saw this post and I did chuckle a bit.

Arrchayx, from what I understand, the only way that your add-on determines if a script is free or not is if the people maintaining the script choose to take the time to modify that script to include a license and if the devs choose to include lots of white space.

Seeing as nearly the WHOLE Illarion project is open sourced and can be found at their GitHub repos, the inclusion of a few lines of text to satisfy your add-on is pointless.

As Nitram said, the Illarion project is completely open sourced and on GitHub with the exception of some content (scripts, graphics, sounds/music).