Lurker...

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Achae Eanstray

Lurker...

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Players feel free to respond also :D

1. Are you still playing/plan to play Illa, if so what do you like most, dislike most in general, how about just for the moment?

2. Are you waiting for something/someone to start playing?

3. If you had your wish.. what would you wish for regarding the game or players?

4. What/when was your favorite time during the game? Least favorite?

5. General thoughts regarding Illarion?

( you can post here or send some of your answers.. just curious)

Thank you @GolfLima!
GolfLima

Re: Lurker...

Post by GolfLima »

Achae Eanstray wrote:3. If you had your wish.. what would you wish for regarding the game or players?
:arrow: important posts / events should be in both languages (ENG & GER) // and a little bit more tolerance
:arrow: wichtige Beiträge / Veranstaltungen sollten in beiden Sprachen sein // und ein wenig mehr Toleranz

not an exact translation but may be a first approach
keine genaue Übersetzung, vielleicht eine erste Annäherung an die Fragen

Abwartende...
Spieler, fühlt Euch frei ebenfalls zu antworten
1. Spielst Du / palnst Du Illarion zu spielen? Wenn ja, was gefällt Dir am Meisten, am Wenigsten, wie ist es zur Zeit?
2. Wartest Du auf Jemand / etwas um mit dem Spiel. zu beginnen
3. Wenn Du einen Wunsch hättest .. was wäre dieser in Bezug auf das Spiel / die Spieler
4. Was /Wann war deine bevorzugte Spielzeit / am wenigsten beliebte Zeit
5. allgemeine Gedanken / Überlegungen zu Illarion

( Du kannst hier schreiben oder eine pm senden, wie Du gern möchtest )
Merky

Post by Merky »

1. Still playing ,love the people the most. great community. What I hate the most? Sometimes is no one around to interact with.
4. Mas! It really brings the players together. Love the Ranger hunts in Runewick. Least favorite is the bounty tasks in Cadomyr, if your a young player there doesn't seem to be enough creatures in the upper mid range and those I cannot get alone and usually can not find players to aide in the shooing away of Warriors or Silber+ goloms.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

1. Nope/Nope, but once in a while I think of character concept ideas that would be fun to play in Illarion.

2. I don't think so. I just don't see myself investing so much time anymore.

3. Show more interest in Legends Of Illarion 1 and 2. It's the greatest Illa-related thing ever made besides Illarion itself!

4. Best memory was when Drakhen Vorkalion first appeared and gave the game a global story/roleplay for the first time ever.
Worst memory? Can't really think of any actually. Probably wasted too much time arguing stuff on the boards though.
Ultoris

Post by Ultoris »

Erstmal danke für die Übersetzung :)

Als Schichtarbeiter ( und rein Deutsch sprechend ) sind meine Spielzeiten zwischen 7 Uhr Morgens und maximal 22 Uhr Abends meistens aber am frühen Morgen ab 7 Uhr .
Zu dieser Zeit ist außer Opale meistens niemand im Spiel , darum spiel ich die meiste Zeit für mich alleine .
Da am Morgen im Spiel immer Nacht ist , hab ich mich auch daran gewöhnt die Stadt nicht zu verlassen , um nicht Opfer irgendwelcher Monster zu werden .

Wenn ich einen Wunsch frei hätte wäre das folgender :
Eine Kombination aus dem Alten Illarion ( Menschliche Regierungen , weil um einiges Spannender und freies Bauen ( persönlicher oder Gruppenbesitz ) zumindest im kleinen Rahmen ) und dem neuen Illarion ( Technische Möglichkeiten und Umfang )
Lord Arcia

Post by Lord Arcia »

1. Are you still playing/plan to play Illa, if so what do you like most, dislike most in general, how about just for the moment?
I want to start playing again, but with injuries/sickness/lack of motivation I have been meh.

I have been waiting for the armor vs weapon types to become less pronounced. Wearing medium armor vs daggers should have never pretty much acted like you weren't wearing any armor at all.

3. If you had your wish.. what would you wish for regarding the game or players?
Personally I think that weapon types vs armor types should be scrapped. My opinion. Do not bash or get angry at me.

No comment.

Still love it, will probably play forever. All the issues that have been keeping me from logging are most likely just excuses and I needed a break.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

I consider myself also a lurker as I do not play these days. So I hope you don't mind me answering as well ;-).

1. I plan to play but these days, I prefer to invest my time into development and play other games for leisure. I like most that one can really influence this game due to the loyal and closed knit community. I dislike most that we still lack core features and that those features we have are in a constant need for rework because things were done improperly in the past.

2. Illarion needs to be more interesting for me. Currently, I cannot imagine that the game provides enough exciting stuff to compensate for its weaknesses. This does not just cover "engine features" but also roleplaying opportunities (long term story arcs, political involvement, faction profiles). Probably there are such opportunities, but it is very hard to find them if you are not at the right place at the right place, meeting the right people.

3. New character graphics! Especially the small races lack the details and credibility of former models. That one cannot tell males from females and elves from humans plus dwarves from halflings is as known as that all character look very stiff and unnatural while running.

4. There are countless fond memories - especially the little things where this game just prepared the stage for a nice event and sparked interesting character interactions. My worst memory was when I wanted to create a new character and started playing. I ran into so many issues during one hour that I decided to write a long review instead of actually playing. Many of the issues are now resolved - but would they also be resolved now if I didn't write that review?

5. Illarion is not mainstream. Also, we cannot rely on just one selling point ("roleplaying"). So we need to work on the unique points of Illarion, not something every other game can offer. Let's make Illarion an indie pearl with a robust set of base features (fighting, crafting, magic) and really unique ideas!
Caldarion

Post by Caldarion »

I have been waiting for the armor vs weapon types to become less pronounced. Wearing medium armor vs daggers should have never pretty much acted like you weren't wearing any armor at all.
This was mitigated with the last update. It should be a lot better now.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

I'm waiting for the char "Achae" to come back. Haven't seen them since like 2008 or 2009.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Fooser wrote:I'm waiting for the char "Achae" to come back. Haven't seen them since like 2008 or 2009.

Where is Fooser??? :lol:
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

I admit I am still lurking - but there are still 2 NO

As I played last year for a while it started exciting and was fun. I had so much plans - then a lot of bad things happened IG and outside, broken promises etc etc - and to sum it up, there is no urge about that to play again yet.
Beside that what Estralis said is my feeling too
2. Illarion needs to be more interesting for me. Currently, I cannot imagine that the game provides enough exciting stuff to compensate for its weaknesses. This does not just cover "engine features" but also roleplaying opportunities (long term story arcs, political involvement, faction profiles). Probably there are such opportunities, but it is very hard to find them if you are not at the right place at the right place, meeting the right people.
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

Alytys Lamar wrote:I admit I am still lurking - but there are still 2 NO

As I played last year for a while it started exciting and was fun. I had so much plans - then a lot of bad things happened IG and outside, broken promises etc etc - and to sum it up, there is no urge about that to play again yet.
Beside that what Estralis said is my feeling too
Lurkers,
What keeps this game from being as interesting as it should is you.
The main thing it lacks is players. Old and new.
Give all the excuses you want, but what it lacks is you.
Get IG!
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

I'm taking a break. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all

What i like most? There is a definite different feel to each town. even in the way the players play. but i don't know if that's intentional or not.

What do i dislike the most? No fish in Cadomyr. seriously.

they day i wake up and realise that Cadomyr needs me

firstly, more players.

Secondly. some tool to remove the necessity of GM's to create smaller events. things like small localised broadcast features for trusted players, to some degree, nerfed GM powers, so to speak

Back in '07 with Kallahorn and the KOG in the war of passive agressive postings

Least favourite was probably the year i spent forum banned

Achae is my waifu
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

@Aly..
then a lot of bad things happened IG and outside
Some problem ooc, perhaps I can help, PM me?

@Rakust
... day i wake up and realise that Cadomyr needs me
did you see offtopic?
per Annabeth
Guy seems to have disappeared while I was gone. Sucks that he went back to being a forum lurker.
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

I feel like getting back into it, the lack of players at the moment is quite sad to see. Right now I'll give it a shot.

Not really, for the 'main character' I have, I probably ought to hold him back till magic reappears, but what the hell, if I don't get him involved now, it'd just be odd for him to come back when it's reintroduced.

More players in general and more power to them. We talked about player buildings in the IRC the other night there, the magic returning would give me a chance for more roleplay. Being a philosophy, theology and metaphysics student, an introduced priest powered system would be great for me.

I can't think of a least favourite time, my favourite would either be when I was roleplaying with the Orc community, those guys were amazing and fun. Or when there was some sort of conflict or general lifeness to the towns or union. The communities around these places gave the game life and it was bonnie.

I'm not sure on whether or not the GM controlled towns is the best way forward. I'll take Runewick for example, the place seems deader than the old graveyard dungeon. I've actually saw more people in said graveyard than Runewick. It might be due to the lack of magic - with its purpose from what I feel, being the magicy town - so those players don't really have a reason to touch it. But, if players were given more power, there might be more reason to get involved with the settlements. Communities can band together, run a town and the likes. Give it seemingly more life and help try and get other players involved. If I use Trolls bane as an example, regular forum posts helped keep the place going, reports from the the government, posts from the guard. It gave it more feeling of being alive, so more people hopped in game even if there wasn't that many people online. They felt like they knew the story of the place and there was more chance to get involved. Maybe not give players complete control, but trust them to try and keep the game alive, it's their involvement after all that determines that.
Guir Rabenflügel

Post by Guir Rabenflügel »

1. I'm always planning to play Illa again ;) Don't know what I like at the moment, I'm just curious how the game has developed.

2. Waiting for a reason, but I don't know which :D I always ask myself "what would give my char a reason to come back?"

3. -

4. Hm... a long time ago, before the VBU. I think it was the time where I was a member of the Grey Rose. And after that the time in Varshikar. Good old days :D

5. Keep going ;) Illarion is awesome :)
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

I'm also always planning to play but I find the massive amount of time required to be a large deterrent. RL is busy and Illarion requires too much investment for me at the moment.

No, not really. There are lots of little (and some big) problems with the game but they never stopped me logging in when I had time to spare.

I want more attractive character graphics too. Maybe a paperdoll that players can customize and others can peek at. Maybe some female specific armor. Also more supported roleplay features. I miss the hotkey emotes for character descriptions. The concept that we wouldn't need them with paperdolling wasn't realistic as we saw after the VBU roll out. I'd also love, love, love to see a tribute to Gobaith in the new Illarion. Maybe a dungeon with a layout like Trollsbane or something like that.

I always liked showing new players around and bringing them into the story. That was probably my favorite thing to do. Some of my characters had individually really fun moments but that won't make much sense to anyone but me. When the roleplay is genuine, there's nothing like it.
Least favorite? OOC garbage especially when it influences roleplay. That's just rubbish.

There needs to be some greater reward for the massive investment of time Illarion requires. Some way for players to have an impact on the game world be good. Building a la Minecraft maybe? Something more fluid and less static anyway and something that every player can access. I'm not really sure about a specific reward but currently Illarion seems a little tedious to me.
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

I don't play anymore but I really would like to. I just don't feel like it has potential for roleplay at the moment with how things are in-game. (which is mostly the only reason I'd play Illarion as opposed to any other RPG).

I'm waiting to see the playercount raise. The couple of times I tried to play after the VBU, I could hardly find anyone to interact with and the rare times I actually found a player, they were too busy.

Remove the 3 towns, force all players to congregate around one area and for those who really want to, they can setup establishments elsewhere.

Pretty much before the VBU was my favorite. I wish the VBU hadn't changed the map. I love all the VBU changes, except the new map.

It's a game like no other. There is literally no other game like it and trust me I've looked and looked. Don't waste its potential by splitting up the very little players you have on such a huge map..
jskalfjjoi

Post by jskalfjjoi »

I'm not sure on whether or not the GM controlled towns is the best way forward.
บ่อนคาสิโน
Sammy Goldlieb

Post by Sammy Goldlieb »

I used to play every day for a few hours. But not anymore. Why? When I log in, I have a great ptoblem: I came here for rp'ing. But I dont have someone to rp with. Looking through the towns, the taverns. Nope, nobody. And I log out again.

2. . Are you waiting for something/someone to start playing?
At the moment: yes I do. When I see there is a low Players Count, I mostly think: Not worth the afford you won't find someone to rp with. When there are many Players online, there at least is a greater chance to find someone to rp with. Then I log in.

Always find someone to rp with :)

4. What/when was your favorite time during the game?
During the Events, there are some Players (finally^^). But I don't like the events most, no, the time after it is. Simply because there are plenty opportunities to find an interesting rp.

No comment
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

I play irregularly at this point. I like that there is always a community, for better or worse. I dislike the apparent denial of the need to change IG circumstances based on the small amount of players and their life changes, unless of course that is a conscious, and collective, choice in light of the game's promotional milestone.

2. . Are you waiting for something/someone to start playing?
Yes and no.

Better separation of IC/OOC for players, adjusting the game's world to its problems and small playerbase for the game.

4. What/when was your favorite time during the game?
Back when I had more free time.

Great game, great people, destined for great success but currently has horrible growing pains and has a tendency to upset players.
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

I try to play now and again but mostly no.

No one in particular, but being able to find someone to play with regularily would be a big plus. As is, our playerbase is small enough that I can wander for an hour and never find anyone.

Magic System. As a player who primarily plays a battle mage, I feel like I'm missing out on a huge chunk of the game, and possibility for adventure because I simply don't have the ability to access a lot of the gorgeous map the devs have created for us due to almost instant death with no way to fight back.

To be honest, everything prevbu. Sure, our map wasn't expansive but it had a lot of history. We didn't have the space or a constant flow of new combat areas, but we had a dedicated playerbase, and we used that history to make our own adventure, and tell countless stories. Weather it was going on a trip to the Dragon Cave, a treasure hunt, or just hanging around the Farmers Union there was always something to be done with others. While our new world is beautiful, and there is always something new and interesting to discover it feels like the world has lost its meaning. Before everything had a story, and that story was often some weird event caused by the players in the past.

I have a MASSIVE attachment to this game. It represents a large portion of my teenage years, and being able to come home and log into this other world for a while every night really helped me out when I was dealing with weird teenage hormonal things. I think Illarion was, and still is a beautiful creation with the potential to be an amazing experience that can offer a world like no other for hardcore RP fans like myself, and for people just getting into the genre. I've always found it amazing how easy it is to log in and just get swept away by any random thing that you encounter. The community is passionate and the devs are commited, and one day when we have the player base to create that feeling of a living, thriving world with its own conflicts, mysteries, and and epic tales I believe that Illarion will flourish again. Most if all, even if our game is destined to fail, I hope our amazing community will never die.