I miss you.

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Vern Kron

I miss you.

Post by Vern Kron »

Dearest Community,

Hello. I am going to be honest. I am worried about you. I am worried about us. I am worried about our future. I have known Illarion for years. Some years I was constantly on the island, and sometimes I have not been around hardly at all. And this is going to be a mushy-gooshy post, and there is both good and bad in it. But I think it is time.

When I started playing Illarion, there was a lot of things going on in my life. I made a character who was as lost and seeking an identity and home, as I was. As my character developed IG, my RL began to improve as well. Things grew to be more stable, and I acquired friends both IRL and also in this community. Friends that I care about dearly, friends who know me by name, friends who could call when they need help, and vice versa.

I was not the best roleplayer in the world. I am not the best roleplayer in the world. I have however, gotten significantly better from where I was at, where my first character age swapped day to day, had different color hair, and all of these other crazy things that have happened. I am still not the best: Because I like things about the game that are not the best roleplay wise. I like having my characters know many crafts, and involved in many things. I like some inconsistency in my characters, because they add some flex room.

I have grown as a person, as my characters have. I have experienced many things: friends fighting and ending the friendship, people deciding that they have had enough, divorce, etc etc. I have seen great joys, and marriages, and babies, and times of peace and charity. I am living in a place right now, where I am happy, even though things can be rough.

And right now, I am worried about us.

We have gotten to a point where we are... just slamming each other. Over. And over. And over. The proposals are pretty fierce. The IG atmosphere at times is fairly warm, but many times is just cold and desolate. I see many people on the IRC. But very few ig. And I get the lurking, and waiting for that one person to get online.

But guys... We really need to set aside some differences. We may not all play the game the same way. We may not RP the same way. There will be times when we do not get along. But honestly... I want us to be able to do so.

In the past there has been conflicts between factions, and from an RP perspective that is fine, but oocly we need to be ok with that. And not think less of the others. And there are times when 'players' feel wronged by 'staff', and I am more than willing to bet the staff often feel wronged by the players.

And we just have this growing silence between us.

So I am going to ask you:

When was the last time you logged in and RP'ed with someone you didn't know? Or had an RP reason to go somewhere else, or to deal with anyone outside of your town?

It's been a long time for me.

How often have you said, "Oh man, this guy is completely ridiculous."

It's been way too often for me.

How many times have you tried to start something IG, only to lose interest and walk away, or it explode in your face?

I have bitten that bullet more times than I would care to admit.

Basically:
We need you. This game is missing a piece without you. I know I personally have screwed up, time and time again, but I would love to RP with you in our world. I don't like it when my character gets hurt or cheated, but it happens, and if it is fun, then you know what? It's fun.

It's kind of weird, and sad, but I feel like some kind of parent watching their kid lose friends. I feel like a friend, who is watching all of his other friends fight, and forget why they were together in the first place. I know I have caused wounds in this place, and for that I am sorry. And I just hope that there are others who would be willing to say, "You know what, this game isn't perfect, and neither am I, but let's give it the best we have."

Because I know that is what we started doing here. And at some point, I feel like we stopped.

I miss you.
Vern Kron

Re: I miss you.

Post by Vern Kron »

Ich spreche kein Deutsch . Es tut mir leid.

Ich glaube, Sie sind wunderbar .

Sie fügen so viel zu diesem Spiel .

Danke.

( Google Translate. )
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

I think I can agree with most of what you said.

So i will ask the question that should follow after that: What can we do?

I had that idea since a long time and maybe we should get started with that: A "Play day". We simply choose what day of the week and make that day the "Play Illarion day". On this day, every one should try to log in and play.
It is frustarting to want to rp, to log in and to find none. On this day (if everything works as I hope it will), the chances to find other people will drastically increase. Wether you want to fight, craft or really just rp - log in and do it. The rest will happen on its own.
It is my hope that this day will get us back on track with the online player number and, in the long run, effect the other day and, finally, make itself useless, once we have a stable and suffcient online count every day.

What do you think?
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Well thats fine but you will have to figure out what day mojority of the people are off from work school etc. And then pick a time that german and us time will work for everyone
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Azure Lynch wrote:Well thats fine but you will have to figure out what day mojority of the people are off from work school etc. And then pick a time that german and us time will work for everyone
We can have a poll to determine the day. And for the time: I would say simply the whole day. Not just saying starting at X pm, but simply the whole day.
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

whatever happened to the market days?
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Jupiter wrote:
Azure Lynch wrote:Well thats fine but you will have to figure out what day mojority of the people are off from work school etc. And then pick a time that german and us time will work for everyone
We can have a poll to determine the day. And for the time: I would say simply the whole day. Not just saying starting at X pm, but simply the whole day.

That would make since . Yeah market day i remember them
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

I've been going online now when no one is on. So if you see Samuel on the list, guys, please visit ;-;
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Players really suck sometimes, it's not a new problem, and I'm not saying I'm an exception. It's easy for some, if not most, players to assume their character's feelings toward another character which can lead to genuine anguish. That's of course assuming that those character feelings were character-based and not player-based in the first place.

On the subject of IG attendance, it kind of breaks my heart to know how difficult it is for me to log in and RP to the extent that I'm comfortable with. Having a full-time job alone cuts that time down a lot. I'm going to try and make the most out of my week-long break starting some time next week, though.