General Knowledge

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Mephistopheles

General Knowledge

Post by Mephistopheles »

There is some general knowledge about things players are allowed to do and request from Gms for their ingame characters, apparently this general knowledge is not known so a vast majority of the player community.

So just friendly posting here that players are allowed to go to Gms with ideas for special weapons or armors to be crafted or labeled if one gives the good bit of material and money.

So if you ever wanted that special weapon for your char to call his own, well you've always been allowed to get it! You still have to work for the materials and money but hey you can have a labeled drow blade of perfect quality with enough elements and materials!

Sincerely Mephy
GolfLima

Re: General Knowledge

Post by GolfLima »

Thanks.

I did not know this. :cry:

It is fustrating that such knowledge is not announced to all players. Bad.

PO Jerem
Last edited by GolfLima on Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matron

Post by Matron »

Uhm, you can just get "rare" items by bribing them enough? :D
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

Does this extend to spoons? :p
Drathe
Official Illarion Banner Contest Winner

Post by Drathe »

I don't think this should be the case. We arnt all special snowflakes, there are smiths for a reason and gems/item quality customises them enough. Anything else should be RP save for a little colour change here or there.

For it to be any other other way ends up with those players who are pests, constant nags or have copious amounts of time to spend in game to have the resources to get such and bias to those who don't. I.E Vern :twisted:
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

From the times I requested such custom items, it required to hand over one item equal to what you wanted plus some negotiateable stuff for the extra effort.

Meaning: Want a special weapon (take a perfect twohanded drow blade = lvl 100 twohanded slash weapon), you need one weapon with the same stats (perfect lvl 100 twohanded axe) plus a little extra. That little extra being one of each available lvl 100 slashing weapon smithable for the twohanded drow blade that I know to have been handed out. Custom cloaks on the other hand are basicly made for no extra cost.
In any case, you need to provide a German and English name and (in case you want one) description for the item.

That still requires people to craft and smith stuff, maybe even more so than before, and in the end its just the name and description getting a change by a gm.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Drathe wrote:I don't think this should be the case. We arnt all special snowflakes, there are smiths for a reason and gems/item quality customises them enough. Anything else should be RP save for a little colour change here or there.

For it to be any other other way ends up with those players who are pests, constant nags or have copious amounts of time to spend in game to have the resources to get such and bias to those who don't. I.E Vern :twisted:
I might like to have some labeled and special named items but i personally would rather a quest or something behind it thus... i have no labeled items. Also me and a past player requested ceremonial knight pieces and we were going to start a knighthood but we were denied these pieces so ehh. This had come about from a recent situation where I feel one player was taunting another about not being able to make something. I had overreacted at first cus im a spontaneous douche on occaision then when a gm kindly explained this to me i decided that everyone should know. So now for people who like to taunt others with special iyems oocly these people being taunted know they can just go out and do the same.
Matron

Post by Matron »

Perhaps a GM could be stating the official view on this in here? It seems rather silly, bluntly spoken, to grant items that easily and I kinda hope it's not that simple. I don't mind labels but getting rare items this way is just a fail.
When my old char got a staff once that could create a graphical effect (it was scripted to break eventually), that was like "WOAH!" but this smells of rareness-inflation!
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

the only "rare item" i can imagine at the moment is the "wand of spirit" ...but this "problem" will be solved in the future
Slightly
Gamemaster

Post by Slightly »

It is a GMs duty to encourage players and support their activity in game. We have always supported special events such as celebrations (weddings, births, etc) and player quests with customised items in order to enhance role play and the enjoyment of all players involved. Such items are invariably obtained by providing an equivalent item for engraving, for something simple like a wedding gift of goblets, or through 'payment' via a combination of role play / a quest and provision of resources for more complex items.

GMs are available to support any player who has an idea how to enhance the game for other players and create a bit of role play - you only have to send a PM or have a chat to us.

All the best
Slightly
Matron

Post by Matron »

That's still not clear enough to me, sorry.

Equivalent as in "the same" (drow blade and materials/gold -> customized drow blade <- that's how it should be) or "similar" (dunno.. firesword and materials/gold -> customized drow blade <- that would be bad!) ?

I care little for having such items but taking the rarity of stuff bothers me.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Matron wrote:Equivalent as in "the same" (drow blade and materials/gold -> customized drow blade <- that's how it should be)
That was how it was in my case. The carpenter my char got it fromwasted a lot of resources (pure elements and stuff) and a drow bow to make me a lvl 100 bow that is not a drow bow (id and stats wise it is a drow bow).
Zephyrius

Post by Zephyrius »

Matron wrote:That's still not clear enough to me, sorry.

Equivalent as in "the same" (drow blade and materials/gold -> customized drow blade <- that's how it should be) or "similar" (dunno.. firesword and materials/gold -> customized drow blade <- that would be bad!) ?

I care little for having such items but taking the rarity of stuff bothers me.

The first is the case. You have to have the base item supplied yourself.
Matron

Post by Matron »

Ok, thank you for clearing that up, guys.