Banning etiquette

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Mephistopheles

Banning etiquette

Post by Mephistopheles »

Since so many people are so dreadfully set on keeping these infernal engine bans I would like to try and come up with some etiquette which I hope can be used when even conceiving of this infernal and detrimental tool.

The most basic rule!
-Let the PO know they are being/are banned, whether it be irc, a pm or even an announcement on the rp boards.
-Perhaps use the actual "engine bans" as a slowdown period where the players can cool off from confrontations, perhaps after a 48-72 hour time period you can release the engine ban and have the players enforce an actual rp ban. Actually giving a reason for townies to build up a guard to defend themselves, remember how fun it was to build up to being a captain of the guard? When I play a good guy this is what I want to do. Be in a town guard and defend the town.. I mean, really, freakin defend it duh.
-And most of all, if this guard project is successful then GET RID OF THE BANS. simply put. What need would there be for i town npc guards if all the "threats" are banned without second thought?

Now.. most important, Etiquette for the baddies
- don't run into town by yourself and challenge everyone, put some rp behind it, disguise yourself, wear a mask/hood (though keep in mind people have a right to be highly suspicious of those chars) sneak in maybe doing your business on a small scale, but don't advertise that you are a bandit and you are somewhere you shouldn't be.
-Don't just run around attacking noobs and crafters because they are weak. Just don't.

Now the most important rule, have fun!
Mephistopheles

Re: Banning etiquette

Post by Mephistopheles »

yeah don't perma ban people for very faulty reason ig especially when the player makes it a priority to avoid you because he/she dislikes your roleplay.
Then when its an obvious issue don't just blatently ignore the char when he/she attempts to settle the situation. Also be open to ig consequences for obvious lying and abuse of power.

An annoyed player
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

keep it IG :wink:

I think you dont even fully aware why your char is banned. I will ooc just tell so much, that the current issue isnt the main reason. Furthermore just because hes still banned that dont have to mean hes permanent banned.
Your chars situation is currently a political matter which is discussed between the involved towns so I suppose to show a bit patience or let your char make lobby work by his representative.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

I am in the process of settling it ig, and I do believe there should be ig consequences, though I see this a mostly an ooc issue and I feel that it all stems from my blatant speaking out against engine bans. Would have had no issue if the char was banned for a few days until the message arose later about what happened from another char. Also from a roleplay standpoint I think it's dumb that an honest character would say someone attacked them when they knew the said attacker looked absolutly nothing like him and then maintain that and still claim to be in the realm of honesty.

Ps. Nothing against (name removed, discuss in private please-Achae) it was an interesting and fun plot, however i feel that some take things too far for possible ooc vendettas, keep in mind this is merely an opinion and not fact and is subject to change.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Mephistopheles wrote:though I see this a mostly an ooc issue and I feel that it all stems from my blatant speaking out against engine bans.
If you think that is the case, talk to the gms, gm complaing or whatever.

Making publicly such severe accusation is the worst you can do. You basically accusse other of rule breaking. And that shouldn't be done without clear proof and certainly never publicly.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

There is never any kind of proof of these things, and I admit that it may have been an impulsive decision to post my opinions on the board. Forget it and I'll focus on settling things ingame. However it does not change how I feel about this issue.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

This is in in no point an ooc issue. IG punishments are for ig issus. All other you should find out and keep IG :)