Lag when monsters spawn

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Uhuru

Lag when monsters spawn

Post by Uhuru »

A few of us have noticed that we get some major lag when monsters spawn. So much so that our character is nearly ghosted unless someone else is around to fight off the spawn. Has anyone else noticed anything like this?
Hew Keenaxe

Re: Lag when monsters spawn

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

Yea me too. The lag monster is the most dangerous. Can make any conflict into something serious. And I hate, and will not log off , though I know others do. Might explain why I can be found at the re-spawn site so often. :wink:
Honestly , I think most of my troubles are on my end. But I have run a program that tracks my Internet use an my processor and ram load. This game puts a very light load on my bandwidth, but does, at times max my processor. So even though my connection is slow, and my ping time is very long with 26 relays,and it does seem to matter. Especially just trying to log in. My problems with lag are most likely to do to having a dinosaur for a PC. I was told a duel processor was needed. Mine is a single with hyper threading, works but barely.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

What events are you referring to? Regular spawns of monsters somewhere in the forest or a triggered event such as treasure map monsters?
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

We were just in the spider nest dungeon, killing spiders. When they re-spawned Raina lagged. Raina fell back from the lag as spiders ran at her while she stood there. It didn't even seem to be many around us, perhaps 12, but we killed more than that, up to 30 all totaled or more. No telling how many down there spawned at one time.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Was in the spider cave twice yesterday AM and PM my time... no lag noticed here on spider spawn of 12-15 either time but have a fast connection.
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

I haven't noticed any extra lag when monsters spawn, but I have noticed that walking and running both cause my character to pause a little between steps. My connection is solid and speedy, so I don't know why I would have this kind of lag. Are there more people experiencing this as well?
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

Oh yes, pausing between steps, yup. Sure am.

Uhuru and Caldarion down in the spider dungeon, I didn't notice any lag when they spawned. Not sure if it is just a problem for certain people or at certain times or what. Need to keep playing with it.
Irontoe

Post by Irontoe »

I too get horrible lag at times and it always seems to be connected with groups of monsters. It has got me killed needlessly numerous times and seems to be connected with my insta-deaths on logging back into the game as well (especially after exiting BECAUSE of that very lag). Sometimes my commands to move won't be answered, sometimes my character will just go off in one direction nonstop, and other times my character flies and slides all over and around obstacles while the monsters sit still on screen but are apparently whacking the hell out of me (Since I always log in dead when this happens).

Note: This seems to ONLY occur AFTER I have started hunting, never before.

Whether or not this is all connected to respawns I am unsure, but I will start to look out for monster respawns when I log in as a ghost... which is starting to happen more and more often.

So just to let you know, you are not alone. I have a feeling that the lag issues are multi-layered but monster respawns seem like a good place to start.

My connection is solid as well and the "lag" is usually present around and after midnight Eastern Standard Time. No other games or services experience any sort of hiccups or latency issues like Illarion does.
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

hm, now that you mention it, it was around midnight eastern standard time.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Yeah I had beaten down skeletons the other day was doing my hit and run on the gold one and when I went back they all spawned an it lagged and I ended up at the cross. That has happened. Many times this is why I started the sleepwalking angle for Azure to get some kinda of use out when it happens