Illarion Bannercontest 2.0

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Djironnyma

Illarion Bannercontest 2.0

Post by Djironnyma »

Illarion soll auch im kommenden Jahr auf einigen Messen/Cons präsentiert werden. Dazu wird der Verein unter anderem einen Werbebanner anschaffen, am ehesten in den maßen 1 Meter breit und 2 Meter hoch. Zum Bedrucken des Banners wird ein Motive/Designe gesucht.

Der Banner soll grundlegend Illarion vorstellen ohne genauere Informationen zu vermitteln - er soll lediglich neugierig machen. Denkbar wären also Schriftzüge wie "www.Illarion.org - das kostenlose Opensorce Onlinerollenspiel", "Wirkliches Rollenspiel, wirklich kostenlos - Illarion.org" oder „Beginne ein neues Abenteuer und beeinflusse die Welt nach deinen Vorstellungen auf Illarion.org – ein kostenloses Opensorceprojekt“. Der Banner kann aber muss nicht Screenshoots (in entsprechender Qualität), einzelne Grafiken Illarions oder beispielsweise Stadtwappen enthalten - er kann aber auch nur aus dem entsprechendem attraktiv gestaltet Schriftzug bestehen. Zu beachten ist, dass das untere Drittel – hälfte im Rahmen einer Messe Kaum Gesehen & beachtet werden. Der Schriftzug sollte also gut lesbar in Augenhöhe sein, der untere Teil des Banners sollte keinen Informationsgehalt haben.

Einsendeschluss ist der 28.02.2014
The promotion of Illarion at conventions and fairs will be continued next year. For that, the Illarion e.V. will, amongst other things, purchade an advertising banner. Dimensions are 1 m in width and 2 m in height. A design to print on the banner is needed.

The banner should basicaly represent Illarion, but without showing any detailed information - only intrigue. Possible slogans could be "www.Illarion.org - das kostenlose Opensorce Onlinerollenspiel", "Wirkliches Rollenspiel, wirklich kostenlos - Illarion.org" or „Beginne ein neues Abenteuer und beeinflusse die Welt nach deinen Vorstellungen auf Illarion.org – ein kostenloses Opensorceprojekt". It can contain screenshots (in appropriate qualtiy), single Illarion graphics for exampe city banners, but doesn't neccessarily need to. Basically, it could just consist of the Illarion slogan, which should be designed atractively. Notice that the lower third - lower half of the banner, probably won't be noticed or seen much on fairs and conventions. So the slogan should be well visible, at eye level and the bottom half should not contain any detailed information.

Closing date is the February 28th 2014.
Tinuva Geogroda
Location: A Tree In The Northern Forest, Oh Noes, The Northern Forest Is Mine Now!! Mwhahaha...

Re: Illarion Bannercontest 2.0

Post by Tinuva Geogroda »

I take it that due to the slogans only being in German the banners are only aimed at a German public and/or used for just German conventions?
Just making sure.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

yes only in german, anyway you can gives hint that illarion is billigual by tell it in the slogan or use flags
Tinuva Geogroda
Location: A Tree In The Northern Forest, Oh Noes, The Northern Forest Is Mine Now!! Mwhahaha...

Well it was just to clarify.
Personally I don't really care since I understand both languages anyway, but I admit it seems more logical to me to use both languages in this case.
Though I do not know the exact audience of German conventions and if it would matter there, neither if you ever plan on going to an English-speaking or international convention.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

since these conventions are visted by more as 95% by germans english make no use at all here
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

No answers til now? :(
Tinuva Geogroda

Okay, first off; I'm not a creative person, I'm an engineer for a reason.
But since Dji is so sad and alone here I decided to make a draft to inspire everyone.

I hope you people somewhat like it ;) You could probably put the city banners on the lower half? Not sure if there's a high-res texture of that.
All fonts and textures used are free to use unless, in some cases, commercial.

maryday

Post by maryday »

*bump* Anything going on in this Thread?

How about the old sword-in-the-stone thingy for the lower part? With some high contrast text above it.
Like: "To draw the blade please achieve level 0 or higher."
Or: "Trust your heart. Draw the blade. Write the tale. Life is FREE."

Especially important might be the information on what background (colour) the banner should be shown.
Or whether the banner shall be hanging loose, without a stable background.

How about "offering" people willing/able to help little rewards. Like for the 1st place in the contest one fully personized FREE set of dress for one char. Dress not armour.
maryday

Post by maryday »

:oops: Just noticed the date...
I hope there have been enough objects sent in until now.

Is the contest maybe still running?
Tinuva Geogroda

maryday wrote::oops: Just noticed the date...
I hope there have been enough objects sent in until now.

Is the contest maybe still running?
Contest is running till the 28th of February! So you still have time to make an entry too! :D
Damien

Post by Damien »

That slogan is a Dammn good headstart you engineered there. I'd only suggest using "Dein Abenteuer...", that makes it more personal.
I suck with Banner Art, so i leave it with this comment ;)
maryday

Post by maryday »

*nods*
RE: Corporate Identity; :wink;

Well then!
I have started to scrap some basic elements of homepage and forum background.
If you are not able or willing to do so (yet are interested in participating in the contest)
i could offer you to create a simple line-up of about 15-20 already existing (used) graphic elements as (single file) template
for you.

Request in this thread (once).

---

Na gut!
Ich habe angefangen Elemente von Homepage und Forum kratzen.
So Du nicht in der Lage (oder nicht Lust hast) das tun, aber im Wettbewerb teilnehmen moechtest
koennte Ich Palette (alleinstehend Datei) bestehender Graphiken (15-20 Stck.) erstellen und anbieten.
Fuer Dich.

Frage (ein Mal) in diesem Garn.

~may~
maryday

Post by maryday »

://s29.postimg.org/cb4kzicrb/TEMPLATE_DEMO_B.png

Here a resized version of my current state of work. You may play/experiment with it as you like, or even use it for the contest.
The original file is 2900x4300 at about 48mb (while the full layout is currently at 3200x6400).
I have no clue right now where to upload a file at this size.

I may also upload a slightly bigger version (sized as you wish) if you are interested. Also still with unfixed layers. Request PM.
Have fun.

- - -

Hier einer verkleinerte Variante meines momentanen Standes. Du kannst damit herumspielen/experimentieren, oder es fuer den Wettbewerb benutzen.
Entnehme weitere Spezifikationen der Originaldatei dem Text oben.
Keine Ahneung wo ich eine ~50mb Datei hochladen kann.

Wenn Du moechtest, kann Ich eine etwas groessere Variante anbieten (so groß wie Du es wuenschst). Auch mit unzusammengefuehrten Schichten. Frage per Nachricht (PM).
Viel Spass.
Tinuva Geogroda

If you can't get a proper upload spot you can upload it to my server.
maryday

Post by maryday »

i hope to get something done accordingly;
here another screenie as .gif
look at the still terrible dominance and mostboringness of the highlighting

maryday

Post by maryday »

*bump*

something going on here?
i`m still putting time into details as original sized its [removed] smudgy 57MB
only parchment, no writing / picture.
i`ve managed to work down towards 15px sized brushes (( i wish i had 1 or 2 GB of basic skins for.....uhm, wait a moment....))
while hunting for cloning scars

i resized the "homepage game name" and ivy 10x for basic experimenting
and

wonder whether there might be a 3D version or one of a higher resolution then shown on the homepage?