Clarification in RP

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Mr.Oldie

Clarification in RP

Post by Mr.Oldie »

Lol... mannnnn
Was ma character tooo much trade centered till now that all seem to ignore his "good inquisitive side"?
Hehe for the Ann Korr Quest "Purple" was not trying to get the trade...
Well yeah sure it would be against his character to not try and talk if the subject comes up...
He had to say like a 5-10 times that he wasnt talking about trade..
He introduced himself as the trademaster thts all
the most he was trying to do was get info about Albar- Ann korr and such related things..
i needed that info for his background story as a veteran Merchant from a very young age..
I was told to gather info IG and was trying to talk about that with Azad Taliman
When some among the group present brought up trade again...
i was forced to make him respond with showing interest thts all..
Cos he is the trademaster aftralll and no one should take control of trade from under his nose..
I tried again to talk about Ann Kurr but sin get any reply for it..
Hope the GM who did it will supply some info somehow...

And it was pretty clear that this quest was for Cadomyr only...
Hope i din annoy the GM lol... man seriously check the log Zzrracck was saying from start that he wasnt trying to talk about trade.. hehehe :p
You guys really need to read and respond...

Or was it my fault??
Did my words mislead you ??

Anywys suggestions would help... if you want to make my character more clearer.. :)

PO(Zzrracck)

PS: Some one better damn come up with Lore and details for all the lands mentioned in Illa...
I din even Know Ann Krr was a part of Albar until My character bluntered aloud IG... Go embarassed as a player cos of that :(
Mannn he is supposed to be all knwledgeable about the distant places because of his wide spread trading history...
I've to make the character background Properly afterall
I was told that there was reading material before.. but it got deleted somehow...
If anyone has it still pls share :)
Matron

Re: Clarification in RP

Post by Matron »

Damn, Bro, that's a real pickle you're in! :o

If you feel that your RP may have offended someone or is offending someone you either decide to change your RP or deal with the feedback you get. Defending it in the public forum will most likely only get you ridicule and hardened opinions which players have already formed.
Judging from your chaotically structured post, you aren't likely to successfully make people see your point of view either. (Do you usually write on a typewriter? :P)

If it is the GMs you want to address, you would be better off writing a PM or joining the IRC-chat, I don't think they are willing to engage in a discussion about your very own RP here.
About the lore-part, you can't play what you can't play, Bro. I mean, you can try but you will most likely make yourself look stupid in the end. Get your facts straight first, then play the fact-knowing char.

People will always be either hostile or welcoming, you won't change minds that easily and you can't expect them to love you if your goals ingame are rather selfish.
:?: :arrow: :!: Byeee
Mr.Oldie

Re: Clarification in RP

Post by Mr.Oldie »

The RP didnt Offend any player or create Player to player issues as far as i know :)
It was a bit too... chaotic... :D to use your terms... had to say one point a few times before getting through to others....
I was just defending it as other characters seemed to have ignored a crucial point about the fact that just because "Purple" introduced himself as the trademaster it doesnt necessarily mean he was going to talk about trade.. It is just the most important title he holds :D
I want to have Feedback because i want to improve on my RP and make it more enjoyable to others also.. :)
And i thought it would be better done in here in forum to allow people with more info and experience to comment on it..
Not only will this help me but also others in future

About the lore part...
I want to play the fact knowing character... atleast about the lands all over.. because he is a well known well travelled trader
Also my character should know about his past..
As far as my character past go, he was taken into a trading menagerie when he was child and was taught the ways of trade..
now what kinda traders dont travel around? :D
I need info about lands and lore people :D atleast the generally available one to all players
When i asked about it in IRC i was told to ask/collect info IG...
and when i did try to get info IG i could not get any.. atleast till now

And talking about PMing a GM...
I dont know who to contact relating to the lore part..
If i did i would've tried that :D I already do Pester GMs enough as far as i think ;) :p :D

Anyways just came to know now that it was not a GM who was on the other end..
The player was not authorised to give more info than what he had said..
Well that was my mistake then; I thought it was a GM on the other side and that he would make up a good story about it... :)
I was waiting to be awed thats all.. :)

I hope that next time when a Quest is being made, more info would be provided.. if not before, then atleast during the quest..
after all this is a RP-enforced game.... and we need info to RP about...

PO(Zzrracck)

PS.: May be its just me because am a fairly new player... and i dont know much about the history of illarion as others do.. :)
but then i guess other new players are having the same problem... and findin it difficult to express themselves... :)