Unlimited stats changes!

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Vilarion
Developer

Unlimited stats changes!

Post by Vilarion »

Yes it's true. Soon you will be able to make as many changes to your attributes as you want. :)
However, I needed to make some drastic changes to the attribute system. Everything attribute related needs proper testing, as well as the new NPCs of course. You can use the new testserver (find the mantis task via the main website link) to speed up the release if you test.

Enjoy a preview of this new feature.

Vilarion
Nikolaus

Re: Unlimited stats changes!

Post by Nikolaus »

Ja es ist wahr. Bald wirst du deine Attribute so oft ändern können wie du willst. :D
Dafür musste ich jedoch drastische Änderungen am Attributssystem vornehmen. Alle Dinge die mit Attributen zusammenhängen erfordern es getestet zu werden, wie natürlich auch der neue NPC.
Du kannst den neuen Testserver (du kannst den Mantis task über die Hauptseite erreichen) benutzen um die Veröffentlichung zu beschleunigen.

Genieße ein Vorschau zu diesem neuen Feature.

Vilarion
Mantis task: http://illarion.org/mantis/view.php?id=9078
Mr.Oldie

Post by Mr.Oldie »

Any news on the release of these NPCs?
anything definite? dates n such?

Would the changes to attribute system be told to gamers?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Currently we can't push any releases of the content scripts to the game server due some major problems on the state of the content on the testserver. Once those are resolved the content update will be pushed to the game server.

You'll be informed by a news entry about the details of the update.

Nitram
Leena

Post by Leena »

When you change a stat - each one the price goes up... does it ever come down... as in.. If I wait a month I could make another change.. not knowing RP very well when I started I now realize that I need some adjustment to fit my RP and well I cant afford what it will cost to finish the changes...
Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

The price starts at 1g and then doubles each time until reaching 128g. Then it stays constant.
Leena

Post by Leena »

thanks expensive, but better than unlimited increases
Leena

Post by Leena »

Leena wrote:thanks expensive, but better than unlimited increases
Just a thought... would it be possible to stop the increase at 64?.. Still high but with the current coin structure 128 will take months to generate... just a thought. And I am in total agreement that it should be hard to do.. Could a one time ulimited stat exchange for newer players ever be considered? I know I made some really big stat errors for what I wanted Leena to be.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

The attributes are by design not supposed to be constantly changed. This is the reason for the high price.
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

Leena wrote:Just a thought... would it be possible to stop the increase at 64?.. Still high but with the current coin structure 128 will take months to generate... just a thought. And I am in total agreement that it should be hard to do.. Could a one time ulimited stat exchange for newer players ever be considered? I know I made some really big stat errors for what I wanted Leena to be.
I cant think of anything worse! You say you agree it should be hard ,then you say make it free for a complete change and make it cheaper? :?
Changing attributes should if ever, be a very rare thing as it changes the way a character can respond "game engine wise" and that can/will affect roleplay and the personality of the character ,it should be a very gradual thing if it happens at all .Under you proposed ideas a wealthy character could change to suit any situation just for a few coins.
Thereby causing in my opinion an extremely negative aspect for the games roleplayers(i wonder what "so and so" can do this time...hes been at the trainer again ,has he grown a brain the size of a mountain or has he gone from a ninety pound weakling to a Hercules overnight ? )bad..bad...bad...!
Adversity , hardship and striving to overcome despite your limitations generates character and great roleplaying ,easy attribute changes therefore easy solutions generates blahness and bordom and removes the challenge, and in essence is a game ruiner .I for one would would seek different solutions to you chararcters attributes that trouble you if you cant mend it within the attribute change system we have now.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

I agree with Ufedhin, it should be difficult because change in life is not easy. You want to change stats to learn alchemy? Not an easy process. Want to become stronger, faster or more resilient in battle? Again, not easy. The gold spent in the stat changes symbolise hard work and effort. Anything more than a couple of changes should affect one's RP.
Caldarion

Post by Caldarion »

I agree that it should be hard to change stats. The current implementation is fine.

One thing I'd like to add:
I think there should be the chance for a generous change in stats, when the game engine changes.

Alchemy is an example, charecters who formerly been able to brew aren't anymore since vbu.
Maybe we have a similar situation when a magic system comes again.
If a player has a mage he/she should be allowed to change his/her values how ever wanted to fit into that role that the character was initially set up for.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

That does not need any general rule at all. If the game engine changes in away that e.g. an alchemist cannot be an alchemist anymore, we can think about that. But those should be very rare cases. And that should just count for fundamental changes. So if you your warrior's attributes were best for a former system, you won't be granted a right to adjust them to a new system to have the best set of attributes again.
So we will cross this bridge when we come there (e.g. magic).
Mr.Oldie

Post by Mr.Oldie »

Caldarion: if its an old character that you've created Pre VBU the please check out this :arrow:
Teflon

Post by Teflon »

Mr.Oldie wrote:Caldarion: if its an old character that you've created Pre VBU the please check out this :arrow:
Arien Edhel wrote:Diese Option wird mit der baldigen Einführung des speziellen NPC außer Kraft gesetzt.

This option will be suspended with the launch of the special NPC.
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

So then this is no longer available to chars who were old and just recently converted to the new Illa?
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Yes, you can only use the NPC now.