RP motivation

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Hew Keenaxe

RP motivation

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

My main character has seen many highs in this game. Skills- not maxed but good enough. Stuff- has what he wants, again not the best but dwarven. Travel- has most of the map explored. But recently I have noticed a change in how I play him. Why? Because he now has enough money to do what he wants. Travel when ,if he wants, even if for no real reason. Buy what he wants, though he needs nothing. Sure, he could try and grind out those last skill levels, but why? They don't mean all that much and are boring to get. It really comes down to the almighty gold coins. With a jiggle in his pocket, he is finally free to just RP. Maybe this is just me and speaks to my character as a person. But I think the main motivation in this game comes down to making money. With that, like in life, allows us the freedom to do what we want. In this case, stop and smell the roses and meet my fellow townsmen. RP
Nitram
Developer

Re: RP motivation

Post by Nitram »

We have some plans how to improve this situation. How ever we lack the men power to put those ideas into place. In the end it comes down to the things you listed for many players. But rather this than not playing at all.

Nitram
Azuros

Re: RP motivation

Post by Azuros »

In some respects I agree, as it can be a hindrance when your character can't afford the teleporter or basic meals (meaning the stomach growling gets on people's nerves until they feed you :p). I've never put much stock in earning lots of gold coins, however. With the little time I have for illarion these days, I try to maximize the time spent actively RPing. My characters are not currently ambitious, so for the moment my motivation is entertaining others.