Poll: High Score // Umfrage: Bestenlisten

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

What is your opinion on the high score lists? // Was ist deine Meinung zu den Bestenlisten?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:40 pm

Do not change them at all. // Sie sollen gar nicht geändert werden.
29%
Remove them, completely. // Sie sollen komplett entfernt werden.
40%
Allow players to hide their characters' names on the lists. // Spielern erlauben, die Namen ihrer Charaktere zu verbergen.
23%
Change some but not all (Elaborate which ones). // Einige ändern aber nicht alle (Erläutere welche).
8%

Total votes: 48

Arvemor

Re: Poll: High Score // Umfrage: Bestenlisten

Post by Arvemor »

So wait... what does Socialite actually measure?
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

Amounts of #i's your character has gotten
Erin

Post by Erin »

Auch wenn ich etwas zu spät dran bin zum abstimmen und gerade auch zu "faul" bin in englisch zu antworten, hier auch noch meinen Senf dazu.

Ich betrachte diese Bestenlisten etwas Zwiespältig. Einerseits sind sie unnötig, andrerseits für manche Spieler wohl auch ein witziger Zusatz. Für mich persönlich bräuchten sie gar nicht zu existieren. Ich seh da eher Probleme, grad bei der Goldliste, mit dieser OOc Information. Nicht alle können mit sowas umgehen.
Da aber manche Spieler bestimmt auch Spass an diesen Listen haben, wär ich dafür die Goldliste komplett zu streichen oder wenigstens den Spielern die Möglichkeit zu geben ihren Char in der Liste zu verstecken. Diese Liste find ich schon etwas "persönlich".

Cooler fänd ich eine Art Redeindex, berechnet aus getippten Worten im Durchschnitt pro online Stunde oder so. So benachteiligt es auch keine Spieler, die halt nur ihre paar Stunden online sein können aus RL Gründen und dennoch ihre Zeit halt lieber in RP investieren, als Stundenlang einsam durch die Wildniss zu streifen.
Naja, warscheinlich eine kompliziertere Sache zum verwirklichen...
forty

Post by forty »

Here's an idea:

Adventurer - measures number of NPC quests successfully completed.
Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

forty wrote:Here's an idea:

Adventurer - measures number of NPC quests successfully completed.
Good idea! This is already planned but for it to work all quests need their quest logs first. You can track the progress in mantis. Already completed quests at the time this high score will be implemented will be taken into account.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Woohoo!

I like these lists! RP is great, but don't you often wonder just 'how' your character compares OOC to other characters?

We could RP that common peasants gossip this news to you, but who has the time to script a bunch of peasants? I think these are a great way for players to compare and contrast their efforts, and even create friendly competition and motivation to play the game!

Sure, some players would rather not have it affect RP, and I understand that. Don't look at them. However, some other players get excited about scores and goals, and to remove them would be a waste. These are the same players who get excited about faction ranks, positions and titles.

The high score lists simply allow players at a glance to see how they are doing compared to others. Who knows, it may even encourage RP when they ask the more 'successful' people to teach them their secrets!

I vote - Keep the High Score lists! :)
Shiba

Post by Shiba »

Another idea:

Cherga's Beloved - Who dies most often.
A negative highscore list, in which you do NOT want to be first.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

I believe I have changed my mind on the high scores... I would like all removed.

Addendum: I have seen too much ig and ooc mix including making fun of some chars and attribute it to these high scores.
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

A bit of a technical question about the highscore list: How often does it update itself?
Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

The gold list: once an hour
The others: whenever you access them.
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

Odd, all of the scores seem to be stuck on the same for me the past four hours.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Your character needs to log out of the game in order to store its data. Only then the high scores are updated.
Sammy Goldlieb

Post by Sammy Goldlieb »

Whats about the best crafters: for Example who did the most product
Juliette Benoit

Post by Juliette Benoit »

Heh.. Please no.. :shock:
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

No More Gold Rush?

Post by Juniper Onyx »

I just noticed the High Score list this morning, and "Gold Rush" was not there.

In case you don't know, it was a High Score of Money held by characters ingame.

I was getting excited by this high score, and was trying my best to reach the 'top twenty', however, there were a few problems displayed by it and maybe that's why it was removed, I don't know.

For example, if Galmair was supposed to be the place of Wealth and Runewick of Wisdom, why was it that 10-15 of the richest players belong to Runewick, while Galmair was the poorest? As a 'new' player who wants to get rich, this tells me something's wrong with the way the Kingdoms are supposed to work.

I am 50/50 on the value of that particular high score list, but it did show that 'something' was being taken advantage of in Runewick, like "some item in Carpentry is priced too high and trees easy to get" or something. After all, how does someone there earn 300+ Gold in a month, and others have up to 750 Gold in savings! If they paid their 5% taxes, that's over 35 Gold each week! It took me weeks of work in the mines just to earn that! To borrow a phrase "Something is Rotten in the state of Runewick"

By displaying Kingdom unequalities, and giving players something to compete against each other, this high score list served a good cause. Personally I hate to see it go. I am sure that I am not the only one who liked this list. Just look at all the players from Runewick in the top 20 with 100+ Gold!

I'd like to see it return, if only to compare Kingdom Wealth to each other, but also to give players a chance to race each other in Gold! Bring it back!
Achae Eanstray

Re: No More Gold Rush?

Post by Achae Eanstray »

I think this is more related to here: http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... =1&t=38037
Juliette Benoit

Re: No More Gold Rush?

Post by Juliette Benoit »

I completely disagree. It's annoying to not be able to earn gold without people immediately thinking the thoughts that come with it when they see your character on the list. I'm glad it's not there anymore.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

The head devleopers decide to move the gold-rush list away, since it was the list which disturb many players. for the disussion about the lists see this post (above).

p.s.:moved your post, no reason for an extra topic.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

OK, thanks.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Oh look. Player count is dropping since I removed the gold rush list. :roll:
Fooser