High Scores / Bestenlisten

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

nathi

Re: High Scores / Bestenlisten

Post by nathi »

Hej

ich finde es zwar nicht so dramatisch, denn so ziemlich jedes Spiel hat doch Highscore-Listen. Aber Illarion ist nicht ein x-beliebiges Spiel, sondern ein ganz besonderes Rollenspiel, das wie ich meine seines gleichen sucht.
Bestenlisten machen das Geheimnisvolle am Rollenspiel kaputt. Es wird in Zahlen abgegrenzt wer was leistet und wie viel er besitzt. Viel spannender ist es doch dies im Spiel heraus zu finden... oder vorzugeben... oder zu verleugnen... RP braucht keine Bestenlisten.

lg
nathi, PO Deanna
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Als abschließendes Wort möchte ich folgendes sagen. Wir haben diese Listen nicht eingebaut, weil und langweilig war, oder weil wir irgendwem das Spiel verderben wollen, sondern weil wir denken das diese Listen das Spiel und ein nützliches kleines Feature erweitern und eventuell das Problem, dass neue Spieler ziellos in der Welt umherirren und dann schnell wieder ausloggen leicht entschärft.

Jetzt werden wir erst einmal sehen ob diese Listen irgendeinen Einfluss auf das Spiel haben. Sollte sich ein signifikant negativer Einfluss bemerkbar machen, der sich direkt auf diese Listen zurückführen lässt, dann entfernen wir sie natürlich wieder. Aber das wird sich erst nach ein paar Monaten sicher sagen lassen. Solange bleiben die Listen in der Form wie sie sind aktiv.

-----

As a final word I'd like to say that we did not implement these list because we were bored or because we wanted to disturb the game play of some players. We implemented them because we think they add a neat little feature to the game and maybe solve the problem that new player walk around in the game without any goal what so ever and logout for good shortly after.

We will now monitor the impact of this lists on the game and the player numbers. In case we note a significant negative influence that is caused by these lists for sure, we will remove them again. How ever it will take a few months before this can clearly be answered. For now the lists will remain active in the way they work now.

Nitram
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

I'd like to point out that these extravegant amounts of gold don't do much for the person holding it. Pretty much anything in this game can be bought for under 50 gold. if it is something with durability, it can be repaired for a couple of gold coins.
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

Coins ,Coins ,Coins!
I like this new feature ,however i dont really think it will have any negative IG effects as far as my character is
concerned ,Ufedhin uses his coin for knowledge,knowledge is his wealth and for that he will use
coins,trickery,falsehood ,or whatever it takes to obtain it .
In real life ,wealthy individuals tend to attract notice of those who see it as a mark of success,
so in a way this might have a driving affect IG for some to seek higher wealth and therefore status
among the devotees of wealth ,so what? dont worry about it, if you do then gain more wealth otherwize
ignore the trappings of the mindless minions of the coin and focus on whats important to your character.
I do think that the few high score options so far offered are well thought out and will have some positive effects.
The extreme wealthy do tend to be noticiable ,the most famous gladiator(sportsperson today) would be common knowledge,
as would the greatest explorers(pioneers of our bygone past where big news) ,taven gossip would spread these things as they do today.
forty

Post by forty »

Thank you for letting me know very clearly which characters can afford me and for how long! Mrwahahahaa.

And yes, the city of wealth is horribly unbalanced. we have the worst gem output and the worst access to our monsters and resources. Our NPC buyback prices on things are terrible. There is no way a good battle axe would cost less than a ring. Weapons and jewelry should be equally expensive. I reported this before, and people just said I suck at making money. Well, now you have an official confirmation, I guess. Rebalance Galmair monster drops and item prices.

Potential flame and responses:

Galmair would be fine if you guys didn't threaten to hunt and fine anyone who wants to leave town in favour of Cadomyr!

Well, why do they want to leave Galmair for Cadomyr to begin with?

My character left Galmair because all of his business customers are in Cadomyr!

Well, why do you think that is? Because Cadomyr people have more gold to spend on you.

Cadomyr has more gold because it has more old players, that's why!

Why do old players chose Cadomyr? Because it has better access to everything.
martin

Post by martin »

Fooser wrote:Putting in "scores" doesn't hinder anything described above.
What Fooser says.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Nitram wrote:Als abschließendes Wort möchte ich folgendes sagen. ...
-----
As a final word I'd like to say...
discussions about why which town has more ore less gold/players/pg/rp/icecream are no matter of this topic

closed