The near future around Galmair

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Teflon

The near future around Galmair

Post by Teflon »

Hello, hallo.

Here a reason why you should pay taxes to the Don in the near future//Hier ein Grund warum ihr in Zukunft dem Don eure Steuern zahlen solltet.

Unprotected Non-Galmairians//Ungeschützte Nicht-Galmairianer:

Protected Galmairians//Geschützte Galmairianer:

This feature includes:
  • chance to trigger it
  • longtimecooldown in order to avoid abuse or challenging you too often
  • newbie and non-fighter protection
  • different groups of monsters and random settings for these groups
  • strength of monsters according to your skill
  • probably most important...no archers... on request i can give you a couple of phantom-archers ;)
Das Skript beinhaltet:
  • Eine Chance es auszulösen
  • longtimecooldown um Missbrauch zu verhindern bzw. euch nicht zu often zu ärgern
  • Neuling und Nicht-Kämpfer-Char-Schutz
  • Unterschiedliche Gruppen von Monstern und Zusammensetzungen dieser Gruppen
  • Stärke der Monster entsprechend euren Skills
  • Ganz wichtig...keine Bogenschützen... Auf Wunsch gebe ich euch eine Gruppe von Phantom-Bogenschützen ;)

Yes, I know...no magic-system...but it is still beyond my scripting skills :?
Ja, ich weiß...Kein Magie-Sytem...Aber davon sind meine Fähigkeiten noch weit entfernt :?
Salathe

Re: The near future around Galmair

Post by Salathe »

So instant death for non galmairian warriors because of overpowered archer npcs.

What I see from this
-Unecessary/unwarranted deaths right next to a town
-Player complaints from unecessary deaths
-No longer a viable path for non galmairians
-Feature being ignored due to ease of avoidance by porting to hemp necktie inn
-More use of portals and less people walking around the map
-Alot of people killing one mob and running away leaving the bridge covered in monsters
-Hinderance of player movement

What I dont see coming from this
-Increased RP
-Interesting scenarios (maybe the first time it happens, but after this starts repeating it will not serve any interesting purpose but rather a tedious hinderance)
-More fun

The feature itself is a good idea, but putting it at that bridge seems a bad idea to me. A number of players have already left the game due to the dangers of the wilderness. Such a feature should be in dungeons where people are expected to fight and typically go in groups, thus creating more interesting scenarios for fighters and people prepared to fight. I see no benefit from this feature being placed at a high trafficked bridge and the only exit from galmair besides the portal.
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

Loyal citizens dont mind this.
Attachments
imagesCAFOZP9P.jpg
imagesCAFOZP9P.jpg (10.6 KiB) Viewed 3816 times
Athian

Post by Athian »

telfon wrote:probably most important...no archers... on request i can give you a couple of phantom-archers ;)
Salathe wrote:So instant death for non galmairian warriors because of overpowered archer npcs.
*A problem has been detected and reading comprehension has been shut down to prevent damage resulted from blowing your mind.

If this is the first time to have seen this error, please listen to sounds of the rainforest and calm the fudge down. If this error appears again follow these steps:

1.Read before posting
2.Reread before posting

Contact your AA director or support group of further assistance. *

but all ball busting aside ^^ (p.s. you know you're my favorite crazy lizard person)

I think most of the problems you foresee are already addressed in the 'included features' part but I do think It may require some tweaking to make this sudden instance more on the fun side then the distressing side. Won't know until i see it in action a few times though.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

I did miss that =(
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

Contact your AA director or support group of further assistance

Don't know about that. I am a long lived drunk and don't like quiters.

Archers are good now, sure they kill my character near every time, but that makes more sense than the way archery worked before.
Athian

Post by Athian »

Archery from players is fairly balanced but archer monsters can range from mild annoyances to "WTF! Are you f*@!ing serious!?"

I'd rather avoid having them on the bridges until they're a bit more polished, which i think is the sentiment of most people if not all of them ^^
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

Athian wrote:Archery from players is fairly balanced but archer monsters can range from mild annoyances to "WTF! Are you f*@!ing serious!?"

I'd rather avoid having them on the bridges until they're a bit more polished, which i think is the sentiment of most people if not all of them ^^
My WiFi is so bad I can rarely move at will, much less run. So I say this from a disadvantaged view point.I f you get in a bad place, run! Me I just fight or, and die, but have seen many others run from danger. Just run! A very cool new feature of this VBU if you can use it.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Just a thought and something to consider if not now... a later date. This mainly for those carrying heavy loads or tend to be slow particularly on bridges.

The pirate bridge comes to mind. Suppose someone wasn't wearing armor or carrying a weapon ( maybe left all in the bag) and crosses the bridge (can even use the floppy hat and shirt scenario), they wouldn't fight any monsters and wouldn't get any loot either but were allowed to pass freely as they pose no threat to Galmair.
Athian

Post by Athian »

@Achae

I think that concern would be covered in the newbies/non-fighter protection that was already mentioned above in the first post(unless your a warrior who never takes a break to go to the depot ^^). I'm curious as to how that will be implemented though.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Or maybe a warrior that also crafts.. ALSO a warrior that has a bad connection, there is a lag so instead of fighting that day your char is picking fruit etc. There are a lot of other instances you might wish to avoid fighting the monsters no matter your skill.

Anyway, as I said.. something to think about.
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

I have extreem lag, My WiFi sucks!. Some times this game is unplayable because of my poor connection. Still, I do not want monster strength to be reduced. Finally the right balance has been found. If I attack they swarm. If they attack but I just walk/run away they let me of with a hit or two. Leave it be.
Semtex

Post by Semtex »

Having discussed timings in the development of this feature with Teflon, this really isn't something to worry about guys. The cooling off period (limit of how often it can happen) is set very long... and then to add to that there is a small chance factored in, so visitors who rarely walk to Galmair might never see this feature happen, wheras those who do use the bridge a lot may only see this once a month after all the calculations are done.

Then a lot of non-galmairians use teleporters instead of using the bridge!

All in all, it's just a fun little thing to add to the game. The video's don't have sound effects sadly but it makes everything really nice. The scream of spawns and then arrow strikes taking them down. I love it because it shows possibilities of the game development.
forty

Post by forty »

This is awesome! Add this to more spots! Then Galmairian guard will have a reason to login daily and keep the road clear!