The Hemp Necktie Inn roleplay

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Achae Eanstray

The Hemp Necktie Inn roleplay

Post by Achae Eanstray »

I would like your opinion on what you expect from the Inn. Do you feel this place should be neutral ... as it is now. But also completely "safe" or do you feel that due to the char's designation of "outlaw" that may typically be around the Inn, there should be some expectation of things not all together safe?

By this I mean the possibility of an occasional monster wandering in. Yet also you can take this a step further with "laws" for the Inn.

Right now there is no law at the Inn, only the towns. Should there be eventually? If you have a group of lawless chars that make their home at the Inn...will you want laws similar to towns?

I had always assumed the Inn should be a little "dangerous" i.e. an occasional monster, the possibility of lawlessness or the "strong" mainly going there with rowdy characters that you can expect an occasional trip to the cross... and didn't quite envision it being similar to a town as far as safely was concerned but may have been mistaken.

I would like your opinion and what you would expect? Thanks in advance.
Rakaya

Re: The Hemp Necktie Inn roleplay

Post by Rakaya »

The Inn should be save from monsters. Nobody likes monsters next to his beer. And Outlaws arent only muscle-bound bandits but also "free thinkers".
But i dont think they need rules.
Or such as:
paragraph 1: Borgate is always right!
paragraph 2: Should the rare case occur that Borgate is not right, paragraph 1 comes into operation immediately!
Damien

Post by Damien »

+1 to Rakayas post.

Actually there are many "free" characters that are not really outlaws, but played as wandering artists / bards / actors.
To monsterize / dangerize that place for the sake of making it more theatralic / epic for the stronger / meaner concepted characters would render those concepts void and it would be a real pity for those characters.

Plus, don't forget that Dwarves like Borgate like business, and every monster eating potential customers inside the inn (or just on the way to the inn) is bad for borgates business - thus making either his crowssbow bolts or his axe more busy. Therefore, a monsterized tavern would also be illogical, considering the presence of said dwarven business. :wink:
Pendar
Location: Founding member of H.A.L ~home for abused lichs~http://h.a.l.istheshit.net/

Post by Pendar »

A neutral space in a game is always a great idea.
If we imagine that borgate had a group of bouncers or a hired assassin or what ever the reason, it basically means that drawing blood in his tavern ends badly for you.
The outcome of a neutral space is that it can bring enemies together to RP in a different way. Thinking back over numerous games I have played I have often played against some of the greatest role players. I however seldom got to actually rp with them, the characters never developed a respect of loathing for each other.
Having a knight have to abide a necromancer with insult hurling but not being able to draw weapons, can spawn some great role play. It also means that our villans who add so much to every game, get a place to relax and rp without having to worry about being attacked mid way through a sentence.

The reasons are endless I would make it neutral with an in game rational behind an enforced no pvp rule. If a character feels to righteous to hang out with scum or to villainous to suffer a guard to live they can avoid the area or adjust accordingly. Seriously the best rp can come of having to share a room with your nemesis.
They can always take it outside to duel ;)
Raina Narethil

Post by Raina Narethil »

I have to agree with the others,

The Inn should be a safe place NPC creature wise inside to give the outlaws and outcast a safe place to live and gather for RP, Outside the gate is another story since it suppose to be a dangerous place and there are bound to be a few hot head drunken people or creatures who just want to prove themselves. But also PC hostile area should the players playing there wish to portray there living their as outlaws would be fine.

It should be free of Rules, That doesn't mean that a PC or PC's can't instill laws there (( beside Borgates rules. :) )). But it should be a place without Gm influence (( to where they have to follow the laws to a tee or face prison, explusion, fines things like that. Standard game rules still apply )), As these are suppose to be outlaws, outcast and the like most times for breaking the rule of the leader meant death. They already have enough problems as the inn is not fully fitted with crafting area's and the like.

My Character always sees the inn as a dangerous place, always skirting along the tree line when she passes alone or even in groups to keep from catching the eye of a possible bandit or thug who may live there.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

The inn should be for player killing and cyber