Onion Ball - Tounament

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Miriam

Onion Ball - Tounament

Post by Miriam »

First two questions, more questions might be asked later. ;)
Anyone interested in such an event like a onion-ball tournament?
Is there a place to play onion ball on the map?

---
Erstmal zwei Fragen, weitere werden vermutlich folgen. ;)
Hat jemand intresse an einem solchen Event?
Gibt es auf der Karte ein Feld zum Onionball spielen?
Achae Eanstray

Re: Onion Ball - Tounament

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Probably one of my chars would play depending on time offered and will keep a lookout for a field but maybe a nice GM would make one if none available.

Hopefully one where there is not too many big monsters.. just an angry chicken or two.

Maybe post in the RP section for people to sign up and see the interest depending on time and chars?
Miriam

Post by Miriam »

About the time I can not say anything yet, would depent on then the majority of onion ball players has time, I'd say.

If there should be no field on the map I would ask a Gm, as well as there shall be an in-time announcement after I know people are interested.
I was also thinking about making a quest out of building a play field, for example digging it next to the hemp neck tie inn. Just as an idea.
Well, now you all know my plans ... ;)

But, to be honest, I feel to lazzy to write texts/plan things/ask GM etc. for nothing, that's why I asked in first place if people are interested.
Flux

Post by Flux »

There's going to be a week long olympic style Games session on the last week on March. The final event will be an Onionball Battle Royale.

Think: a wide Onionball field with teams of players all attacking each other simultaneously. Dodgeball style.

.. It's going to be awesome..
Miriam

Post by Miriam »

Nice! :)
So I don''t need to do anything and I can play onion ball. :D
That sounds really good.

Edit: It that still onion ball? I thougt it was about thowing onion on the field... not attacking eachother... :shock:
Flux

Post by Flux »

By "attacking each other" I mean lobbing onions, not literally right clicking. ;)

The rp implication of Onionball is that our. chars are launching onions at each other, even if the chars only walk on top of them enginewise.
Miriam

Post by Miriam »

Lol. :P I see.
So, then I'll try to participate.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

I hope someone creates a nice script for that. Than it will be fantastic!
Flux

Post by Flux »

Yeah, anyone but Merung though. :P

Adding a script that randomly generates a winner would suck. Onionball is about prediction and the discretion of players. It doesn't need some buggy lua :p.

It's going to be weird with 8 degrees of freedom. We might even have to say oldschool UDLR movement only if it drags on.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Flux wrote:Yeah, anyone but Merung though. :p
I love you, too.

I meant something like:
if an onoin is thrown on the field on which a char is standing or if a char walk on an onion then there is some inform message announcing clearly that he stepped on it (like that the onion squashed).
If you have eight people throwing onions at each other, it will become nearly impossible to tell when someone got hit.
Flux

Post by Flux »

It's called fair play :P.

Anyway, I don't see how you think that could be possible, since an onion "hit" is only really valid for like.. half a second, so you would have to check every placeontile for the id of an onion, and if it is one, set some data key to it, and then have some lte check every onion for that data key every 0.5 seconds or something, and then erase it, and then have it so that on every movetofield, it checks if there is an onion with that certain data key in order to inform them they've been hit, if it's true.

And even then, they could still lie!

If someone walks on an onion 3 seconds after it's been thrown, it doesn't count as a hit.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

We use MoveItemBeforeMove and MoveItemAfterMove for stuff like that. A time check can be done by using a time stamp. But I think that we don't have to spam the genreal with this lua talk :D
Flux

Post by Flux »

Timestamps are a good idea. Either way, I think it would be weird to force emote "#me is struck by the onion.", and pointless to simply inform.

But feel free to do it if you want to ;) .
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Last week in march? Last game is onion ball?? Hopfully not on the 30th because I will be in atlantic city D=

If I'm able to attend then salathe get's a special seat to watch!