The Illarion Content Project

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Tyan Masines

The Illarion Content Project

Post by Tyan Masines »

a translation for this will follow soon

Greetings dear bookworms and other sane people!

As you might have noticed, most of the bookshelves in the game are empty. Also, a lot of content from the Homepage and other sources
is still not made ingame-ready. In addition, I want to give you the opportunity to write your own books, in whatever way you see fit, and
to get the bookshelves of the realm filled with them. Be creative!

There will be proofreading done, of course, and a check whether the content goes with Illarion lore and is appropriate, but the rule of
thumb shall be: Provide material. Just write what you want to write. Most things can be used somewhere.

And this is how it will go.

1.) You feel the uncontrollable urge to help improving the game you love.
2.) You can read and write.
3.) You are capable of getting an assignment and to finish it in a reasonable amount of time.
4.) You know how to leave a Skype conference. (optional)

Met all the points above? Good! That will get you somewhere.

I will update open missions below, so you will have an overview what has to be done. Note that those missions are separated
from the individual work, the individual books you can do.
Whichever option you take up, you send me a PM, telling me what you want to do. I will then respond with a little tutorial of how
to script books. Don't worry, it is a cakewalk. All you might want to get is an improved version of the notepad for ease of work.

During this PM contact we will finalize your task / address your wish to get a book ingame and set a deadline. 95% of the work is
simply writing and if you don't feel like you're able to script anything at all, I will do it. But it will take longer, of course. Thus,
the more work you do, the less time it will take to get your content into the game.
Feel free to ask questions or volunteer here as well! But keep the topic free of discussion.

CURRENT MISSIONS

Get the background story ingame!

You all will have read the background story of the game (imagine me winking at you here) , and by that I mean the different Ages.
It is likely they will have an impact on the events ingame, and thus it would be appropriate to get them into the game.

Difficulty: Easy. You already have a German and English version and only need to convert it into a book format. Send me a
PM if you are interested.

Get the Gods ingame!

Self-explanatory. The same procedure as every year - err as above. Get the descriptions of the gods ingame. Feel free to write
a story or two here about a god of your liking. Be creative! Don't worry too much, if the content is not appropriate you will be told,
but until then, just let the muses kiss and inspire you.

Difficulty: Easy. You already have a German and English version and only need to convert it into a book format. Send me a
PM if you are interested.

Get the chronicle ingame!

What? Yes. Okay, Gobaith is gone, but we all fondly remember it, right? So let's not completely drop it. The impact of that island
on the current game world is minimal to non existent, but why not allow newer players to learn about what was before? You can
either copy the chronicles, or write things from your own perspective. It will be appropriately noted. Also, I want full sentences and
not a simple list of events.

Difficulty: Medium. This task will require some converting work from you, and also some creativity. Go for it. ^^

Write stuff!

This is a general mission. Write stuff. Whatever comes to mind. If you are uncertain whether something you want to write would
be appropriate ingame (a simple hymn of praise about your char will most likely not be found in any bookshelf), just mention your
idea in a PM to me and I'll check it with the authoriteees.

Difficulty: Whatever goal you set for yourself.

FINAL GENERAL THINGS

About translations: Working creatively is fun. Simply translating creative work of others is boring, I and many other may
be able to sing a song about that. But it has to be done, and it will be done. But if you know both languages well enough, do
it yourself, please. Or ask a friend to do it. Involve people.

If your English / German isn't very good, no offense, but don't translate it yourself. Working out all the mistakes will take longer
than doing it all from scratch. Also, since my time is quite limited at the moment, I will work on text which is properly sent to me
first. If you hand in a piece completely out of order and full of mistakes even in your mother tongue, expect that it will take a long
time to get it ingame.

English / German translators wanted! This game is English / German and always will be. A lot of stuff is not properly
translated yet. If you feel capable of translating, please notify me. No translations are perfect, mine aren't, yours will
likely not be, but this is non commercial so do not worry. All the people who are still around love this game and wish to improve
it, and while this content project may appear like a small step, it is an important part of getting this game where it is supposed
to go one day.

I will manage all the content, but currently job-wise, I am not available during the week at all. Thus, since it is Sunday,
stomach this post for a while and think about what you want to do / can do. Send me PMs. I will work on them when I get back
on Friday. In time I'll have more time during the weeks also so this can get into motion properly.
The more you help, the more easy this will be.

Happy writing, people!

Regards
PO Tyan
Tyan Masines

Re: The Illarion Content Project

Post by Tyan Masines »

Small update: I have received 9 messages, which seems to be quite awesome! Unfortunately, I had to work until well, a few hours ago this week, and will have to return to it tomorrow already. Thus, I will not work much on this this particular weekend. My coming ones will be way longer and I should have the time and nerve to. So stay tuned!

Regards
PO Tyan